• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

4-methylaminorex (4-MAR)

Yeah i just ran through the list on the TGAs site the other day.

It's definately a prohibited import in some respect, i was just clearing up the confusion.. and yeah its S9 in the SUSDP

I tried 4 MAR about 20 years ago with some friends and found it to be one of the most enjoyable chems i had ever tried, and thus stayed away from it :) And as for the euphoria.. well my mate was ready to have sex with a bar stool but knew it would be frowned apon lol.

are you sure this is the real ice and the good ice? because all the experiences on erowid seem to say this is very harsh when smoked... so it makes me think the people who believed this to be quality shard.. maybe it actually was lol.. because apparently 4-mar is very harsh in the pipe... correct me if im wrong but expriences say so.

are you sure this is the real ice

It was the original ice, no doubt about it. iirc the termed was hatched during the Reagan administration's early phase of their War on Drugs policy. I believe one of the captions used was something like "Ice....deadlier than crack cocaine".

i know but seriously guys are you sure you people have tried it? because nobody has ever mentioned how it burned and if it had big clouds like ice or if it was harsh to smoke.. i dont mean to offend you guys but are you sure you guys were smoking 4mar

^ Not everyone who claims to have tried it says they smoked it. There probably one or two people that are mistaken but if multiple board members put their hands up and say they have tried it i am going to guess the majority have. If anyone was to obtain such a rare compound AND be likely to recognise what it was or be familiar with it then a bluelighter probably has better odds than your average joe.

yeah that is why i am seeking to find any bluelighter who has smoked it that could describe how it was, because i do remember smoking something and it really made me want to study

How would one tell the difference between 4-MAR and meth if you were just buying it from the street? Does it burn differently or have a different taste etc?

Effects lasted a lot longer and nowhere near as bigger comedown. This bout' '01 it was Havent seen it or even touched meth for few years now which is good. The best part about it was the increased mental focus I had compared with meth. Meth makes me concentrate to hard on minor things, where as the 4mar can I say definately hightened my intelligence and speed whilst in working conditions.

Wont find on street tho;)

Ive been lucky enough to smoke proper 4mar ice a couple of times around 8 or 9 years ago, the asians who i got it off call it shabu.

its a lot more euphoric than meth, it feels more to me like mdxx than meth tbh.

One of the most frustrating things in the world, is trying to explain to an ice head that the crystal meth they smoke isnt traditional ice, and they have no idea what 4methylaminorex is, some almost get defensive when trying to argue that meth is ice.

quite funny really

^ Really though, who cares if meth is "traditional ice"? The fact is right now, 99% of the time someone says ice they are referring to meth, I don't dispute whether 4-MAR had the name first, I wouldn't really know for a fact either way to be honest.

Who cares if 10 or 20 years ago it was the "real" ice anyway, it isn't now. I really don't see the point in arguing over slang, it is like trying to argue if dope is weed or heroin, really it depends who you are talking to.

Ive been lucky enough to smoke proper 4mar ice a couple of times around 8 or 9 years ago, the asians who i got it off call it shabu.

its a lot more euphoric than meth, it feels more to me like mdxx than meth tbh.

One of the most frustrating things in the world, is trying to explain to an ice head that the crystal meth they smoke isnt traditional ice, and they have no idea what 4methylaminorex is, some almost get defensive when trying to argue that meth is ice.

quite funny really

Shabu is not 4-mar i know that for a fact, i have actually smoked shabu in asia

shabu is what they call ice in asia, there is no cutters and it is pure methylamphetamine

the first "shards" i smoked bak in 2001 was 4-mar , nothing has ever come close

Yeah isn't Shabu another name for high purity Methamphetamine in Asia?

damn this thread is making me wish I had some U4Euh :<

The whole 'meth isn't ice' argument is absurd. It's just slang, slang is relative, if 99.9% of the population think ice means meth, then ice means meth. There's no official drug slang lexicon.

The time i tried 4-mar it was never smoked, just swallowed :) And its nick/slang term was called Hawiian Ice ! Damn that was a fun few days :)

^ I've heard Hawaiian Ice used as a name for a few things, like meth or a combo of meth and something else. I wonder what it originally referred to, Google doesn't turn up much.

The whole 'meth isn't ice' argument is absurd. It's just slang, slang is relative, if 99.9% of the population think ice means meth, then ice means meth. There's no official drug slang lexicon.

Thank you! Seriously I have always been baffled at these arguments of the "true ice" its a load of shit really. Neither drug has ownership over slang it depends on the situation what it means, obviously there is some potential to cause confusion. The fact is, I think if anyone had 4-MAR they would be referring to it as that and not trying to pan it off as 'ice' which the majority of people are going to assume is meth.

Call them both dog shit if you want, it makes no difference, they are what they are and neither dog shit or ice is an official name or anything.

Effects lasted a lot longer and nowhere near as bigger comedown. This bout' '01 it was Havent seen it or even touched meth for few years now which is good. The best part about it was the increased mental focus I had compared with meth. Meth makes me concentrate to hard on minor things, where as the 4mar can I say definately hightened my intelligence and speed whilst in working conditions.

Wont find on street tho;)

4-methylaminorex is shorter acting than methamphetamine...

Wikipedia said:
"It produces long-lasting effects, generally up to 16 hours in duration if taken orally and up to 12 hours if smoked or insufflated. Large doses have been reported anecdotally to last up to 36 hours."

The first time I snorted methamphetamine, it lasted 24 hours and felt a bit like MDMA. I've heard of single insufflated doses keeping people awake 36-48 hours...

4-methylaminorex is a long-lasting synthetic stimulant which is generally found in the form of either crystals or powder which are taken orally, smoked, or insufflated. It is often touted for its use as a work-drug, especially when writing or working on long projects. It is also noted for providing somewhat more euphoria (hence the slang name U4Euh) than other stimulants such as caffeine or amphetamine. 4-methylaminorex use has never been particularly widespread and the material is rarely seen on the street market.

Dose #
A standard dose of 4-methylaminorex seems to run between 10 and 25 mg regardless of ingestion method (oral, insufflated or smoked). Ingestion method primarily affects the duration of the experience with smoking providing the shortest duration and oral the longest.
Price #
Price Summary Needed.
Law #
4-methylaminorex is illegal to possess and sell in the United States (schedule I). It was scheduled in the U.S. in 1987.
Chemistry #
Chemistry Summary Needed.
Pharmacology #
Pharmacology Summary Needed.
Production #
Production Summary Needed.
History #
4-methylaminorex was first synthesized by George Poos in the early 1960s and was studied for its appetite suppressant effects. It gained some popularity for recreational use during the early 1980s and was emergency scheduled in 1987.
Terminology / Slang #
The Substance:Ice; Euphoria; U4Euh; Intellex; 4-MAR; U4EA; EU4EA.
The Experience:No common terms known.
EFFECTS #
Effects Summary Needed.
Onset #
Onset depends on the method of ingestion. Onset after oral use can take up to 2 hours. Onset after insufflation takes approximately 30 minutes, while effects from smoking take 1-2 minutes.
Duration #
There is some discrepancy in the reported duration of 4-methylaminorex. Traditionally it has been described as a "long-lasting" stimulant which reported effects lasting 14-16 hours after oral use. Others describe the primary effects as lasting 4-6 hours with noticeable lingering effects lasting another 12-24. Dose and method of ingestion will significantly effect duration.

Link - Erowid

Hope that answers some peoples answers about it so that we can stop arguing about the effects of it... :)