• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

4-methylaminorex (4-MAR)

I looked into this a few years ago and was very interested in it, then I discovered that it was a scheduled drug and there is no way in hell it's going to come through our borders unless it's carried through and in small amounts.

I don't think I've every tried it though, I could of, I just always ask for glass and get what's given... My dealers don't seem to know anything about RCs so they would presume it's meth. I've had two very different types of meth in my days though one that would burn really fast and give a shit high and the other that just keeps smoking and smoking and gives you an insane high that won't need you needing another pipe for ages.. Does anybody know if that's how you differentiate between the two?

This thread has got me itching into looking into this substance once again and seeing if there is an easy pathway to take into procuring it...

np brother. Just one more thing i'll add, that when determining if 'random' mail is hazardous (things like letter sized envelopes and stuff), there are more factors too consider for it's inspection, since these things aren't considered 'high risk'.

Anyway back on track.

But either 4-mar or aminorex is a schedule 9 in australia and the rest of the world schedule 1. The only way to get it here is to have a import permit and a licence. To get that you have to be in a research company.

This chemical is acually tightly controlled in America where it is schedule 1

The only way to get it is to have friends or yourself working at a australian research centre and praying that the company doesnt't find out some is missing....

There is also scanners for this product... to test up for it aswell, mribis you are intelligent but not so intelligent.

It's true tho this chemical is controlled very well and people get prosecuted just as bad as other drugs

I am yet to try this stuff, would love to but I don't see it being likely in the current situation.

I have read reports of it being better than meth, I have never had it so for all I know it could be, but I have used a reasonable number of stimulants, some of which people talk up as better than meth but not one of them has really come close to meth for me in terms of euphoria. Because of that, I am inclined to believe that methamphetamine is the ultimate stimulant for me personally. I would love to be proven wrong with something even better however.

i reckon meth would be for sure otherwise people overseas would try hard to synthesis this if it was better than meth

4-MAR is a little different from your usual stimulant.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is similar to MDMA, but the euphoria and selse of well being it gives you can only really be second to MDMA (as far as my experiences go). If I had to explain it in as little words as possible I would call it "slightly stimulating meth with a 'flaoty' MDMA-like euphoria".

Anyone else who's has it feel free to elaborate :)

I'm not a meth fan personally (but I am a massive MDMA man ) and I found this drug more enjoyable than meth. Much more cruisy, less forced.

I think the lack of supply has a lot to do with the length of 4-MAR. I can't think of too many people who are happy with a stimulant that lasts ~16 hours. I can't commend on addiction/redosing personally because I've only ever had it in single doses, but others on the net mention a much lesser urge to redose compared to Meth.

Last edited:
It was all over Brisbane in the early 000's.
Had it quite a few times, preferred it to the crystal meth that was being sold as ice at the time.
I found it really euphoric, and the focus from it is second to none... as Sameria stated, it's not as pushy as meth, but it goes for a really long time.
Found it to feel similar to methylphenidate for some reason, but I do have ADHD.

Never smoked or snorted it, only injected it.

slipknot1: you have NO idea... People don't divert these drugs... they're imported by the ambitious in small quantities, then sold on to small circles... imported from asia, if you actually have any knowledge of how the drug imports game works, you'd know this. You'd know theres rarely any reason for an EUD to be accepted with psychotropic illegal substances, without first having the research assessed, and with most illicit substances, theres not much point researching them further, at least here in aus, to further our knowledge for human use - especially in chemicals that are VERY RARELY USED.

forgot to add that I also got moments of profound insight from it during the experiences....which coupled by the euphoria, were almost overwhelming

4-MAR is schedule 9 in the SUSDP so possession of it would be illegal in any state.

It is also on the prohibited import list for the TGA.

So it is very much illegal in its own right. It is actually quite easy to synthesise from PPA although it requires a very dangerous chemical. I am surprised it is not more widely available in places where PPA is available.

I heard of it being around earlier this year, didn't see it for myself though.

How would one tell the difference between 4-MAR and meth if you were just buying it from the street? Does it burn differently or have a different taste etc?

4-MAR is schedule 9 in the SUSDP so possession of it would be illegal in any state.

It is also on the prohibited import list for the TGA.

So it is very much illegal in its own right. It is actually quite easy to synthesise from PPA although it requires a very dangerous chemical. I am surprised it is not more widely available in places where PPA is available.

When i mentioned the list of prohibited imports, i had just scanned through the TGAs list, i made note that "aminorex" was listed, but 4-MAR was not. I also made the assumption that obviously as it is an analogue of aminorex, it would be therefore covered under the analogues act.

mushi mushi:
I noted that 4-MAR had a distinctly more chemical taste when vapourized. Where as meth has a sort of, how would i put it, taffy type taste, sweet.

The only real way to check is to test the substance with a marquis reagent, and note the reaction, Orange for meth, clear with bubbles for 4-MAR.

sorry mribis you seem to actually know alot about this and tried it my aplogies. I think what mush also wanted to know was yes the smell but how did it actually smoke in the pipe?

MrIbis: the prohibited import that I looked at, which was posted on one of the other recent threads, had 4-MAR listed. So who knows what is correct.

^ I think it is VERY safe to say 4-MAR is a prohibited import whether it explicitly states that on the prohibited import list or not dude.