• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Crack Cocaine - Freebase Megathread

I might be an idiot

Ok so I have been doing heroin for 8 years now. I am a professional when it comes to everything heroin. I have smoked crack a few times along the way as well. Not consistently, just randomly. The other day I decided to get a few rocks with my normal dope bundle, I was unable to find a rose and a choir to make a pipe out of. I tried like 5 different places, some of which I had bought from before. Anyway, I decided to take part of a rubber pen with a metal cylinder tip and use that. In theory, it should work fine. In practice, I am not so sure. I basically put little chunks into the tip and smoked it like anything else. I could feel the heat and could taste the crack but I wasn't really exhaling much smoke. I also think that some of it liquified into the oily residue you get when smoking crack. I think this residue most likely dripped into my mouth because my mouth was number than when you get a filling at the dentist. Which is a good thing because that means it was probably decent product.

I didn't really get high from it though. Just a little buzz and before I knew it I was out of product. The end of the pipe did not smoke a lot either I was definitely drawing it in. Blah, maybe ill try again down the road. Its not a habit that I intend to pick up along with my other bad habits. Uppers were never really for me anyway, I just was bored I guess.

Did you expect argument?

Probably bad technique due to childishly substandard equipment.

Why would you use a rubber pen to smoke out of.
Crack pipes are like £10.

sometimes pipes cant be found. I live in a very rural area. Ive smoked outta the stem of my glasses before. weird i know but ive done it.....sometimes you just gotta go with what you have??

sometimes pipes cant be found. I live in a very rural area. Ive smoked outta the stem of my glasses before. weird i know but ive done it.....sometimes you just gotta go with what you have??

^^^^^This

I was driving around a very high crime area with drugs and I went to 4-5 different places trying to find a rose and a choir and nobody had them. At this point I did not feel like taking any more risk so I just went with what I had in the car. Not to mention I am white, and the area I am in is all black and everybody knows the only reason white people are there is for the drugs.

Seriously folks, I was leaving one of the gas stations I tried and some dude approaches me and starts sniffing and rubbing his nose, signaling that hes got blows to sell me. Everyone knows (including the cops) what white folks are doin out there. So I try to spend the least amount of time possible driving around.

I don't really see a question here.. so I'm just gonna merge this with the crack megathread.

If you are very skilled as chasing smoke off of foil, it can be effective also

Why do they call it a crack lighter if a huge flame/burning the product isn't what you want? Also, just took a hit out of glass stem plus chor boy. This is the first time crack has actually got me as high as it has, which is about 1/10 of apvp IME. I smoked the apvp out of a gravity bong using ash though, and smoked about 250mg in one night(6 hours?). I wrote a HUGE post on DF that made no sense, but I kept saying/typing "this must be what crack is like OMFG this must be like crack wow I experienced a crack high I get it now".... I was pretty crazy.

Yup, you willl know when u get that rush its amazing, after 3 hits however its all a chase, i usually do half a dime at a time, but once i was paranoid and feigning and dumped a whole dime in the stem, i started puking, ears ringing, thought i was gonn have a heart attack..be careul...good crack doesnt make u feign as bad and one hit should have u good for 15mins..then u go tthe chaser crack, no matter how much u put in for a hit, as soon as u exhale ur feigning for more..yuck

I have a question about freebase cocaine. When turning cocaine Hcl to cocaine freebase, the procedure involving water/ammonia/ether/evaporate is used. This never results in "rocks" but in crystals. Perhaps the layer of ether evaporating is too thin, but is this oily to the touch, tough to scrape off glass, white to off-white powder or collection of crystals the product one is seeking?

Here is a gist of the procedure my professor uses.
* Grind a rock of relatively pure cocaine into a beaker of water. Perhaps 20ml/gram but he doesn't measure.*

* Vigorously stir (he uses a magnetic stirrer) for a few minutes until all cocaine has dissolved.

* In this professor's case, nothing is left undissolved (else he'd filter it out.) At this point, we have a beaker of cocaine + water, as a near-clear solution. Add 20ml of water. Distilled is best but the professor uses tap water (not hard water.)*

* While stirring (again, the solution never stops stirring because he's using a stir rod w/ magnetic stirrer), add Ammonia 10% (not scented, no bubbles when shaken, etc.) into the whirling solution on a DROP BY DROP BASIS. Each drop causes an explosion of white precipitate in the solution. Wait 10 seconds between each drop, and STOP when adding a drop of ammonia no longer creates a noticeable white precipitate. (Another indicator of when to stop is that your solution should smell like cocaine and not like ammonia; Though a hint of ammonia long w/ the cocaine smell is OK.)

* At this point we have a cloudy/near-opaque white solution (ammonia + water + cocaine.) It smells like cocaine perhaps with a hint of ammonia. The solution never stops stirring during the entire procedure, in my professor's case.

* About 20ml of Diethyl Ether is added to every 40ml* of ammonia/water/cocaine solution. Stirring vigorously for 5 minutes then letting the beaker settle results in the emulsion of ether and ammonia to separate into two layers. The ether layer is oily, smells dangerously flammable and is on top, and more importantly, the cocaine freebase is dissolved in it. Both layers are clear, with the bottom which was white/cloudy sometimes being a bit cloudy still, but nearly clear.

* Using an eye dropper, syringe or something else, he takes the TOP ether/cocaine freebase layer out and into a glass evaporating dish, plate, etc. He lets this evaporate in a very well ventilated room, and makes sure not to allow a single spark of fire/electricity anywhere in the vicinity. If the remaining solution in the beaker is not clear, he adds more ether, stirs for 5 mins, then takes the ether out and puts it somewhere to evaporate.

(* The measurements are not exact at all. When I say "20ml" the professor actually measures 20ml, but whether the procedure calls for 10ml or 20ml per gram, the professor is still tweaking his numbers.)

When fully evaporated, the glass/ceramic dish smells like cocaine, NOT ether nor ammonia. It's oily to the touch and it looks like there are snowflakes stuck to the surface. Using a razor, le professor manages to scrape these into a pile of white / off-white crystals.

I noticed just about every "mainstream" drug, and even a big handful of more obscure/exotic chemicals have their own "mega thread" (not as much here in OD as, say, in the psychedelic forum, where seemingly 95% percent of tryptamines/phenethylamines/any freakin' even remotely hallucinogenic chemical compound has its own dedicated official discussion topic, while here in OD, apart from heroin and maybe a couple others, we have no "megathreads."

So I figured, fuck it, if no one has bothered to do it, then I might as well take it into my own hands. So I present to you, the crack cocaine (unofficial (hopefully, only temporarily)) mega discussion/questions & answers thread, partly in the spirit of giving the few crack users who frequent OD
NSFW:
(I don't particularly like stereotyping every single person who uses crack voluntarily as being a "crackhead" (meaning, those who use on a semi-regular/infrequent basis, ranging from the occasional once-a-month one-day binge smoker, all the way down to the everyday users who consider crack to be their primary drug of choice (the "baseheads," as some would describe them as), but those are unsurprisingly the ones who end up broke and homeless and who the term of "crackhead" usually refers to), mostly because of the vast amount of stigma attached to that term, and it annoys me to no end seeing non-users (even those who use other "hard" drugs like heroin and meth, yet won't touch crack all the while going about their day lying and stealing to support their $160/day IV heroin habit) call just about anyone who's ever smoked a rock a "crackhead."),
regardless how few they are, and how unpopular crack and its users may be around here
NSFW:
(considering OD should really stand for "Opiate Discussion" instead, since 80% of all posts on here are about heroin & pharmaceutical opioids.

It's actually not such a bad idea having an opiate-only forum, since opiates seem to be the principal drugs of choice among OD posters, and creating a dedicated forum just for them would clear up a lot of space in the actual Other Drugs forum, making space for more posts about benzos, stimulants, etc., rather than being submerged, like they are now, by all the "1st time shooting dope - help!" and "Can't shit on methadone" sort of posts...again, *hint hint*),
this thread could be a haven for any and all questions related to crack, crack smoking and injecting techniques and methods, health issues related to crack cocaine use, crack "culture" (one I certainly don't want to take any part in, despite my regular (but carefully managed) use of the drug), purifying rocks, and much more, like miscellaneous Qs such as best type of filter/screen to use, or how to get the most resin out of your pipe, shit like that.

Anyways, I'll start with the first questions, and some advice about smoking, to go with it.
The questions: Does size and width of the pipe used for smoking matter significantly? Obviously a 4 inch long pipe, 1/3 inch diameter stem is going to be much more efficiently (and won't set your fingers and lips on fire) than the broken 1 inch remains of a glass rose stem. Right now I'm using this 6 inch long metal tube I found in my garage (its original purpose being completely unknown to me, as I found it just sitting there on a shelf in my garage), and the hits are significantly less harsh than when I was using a regular 4 inch (I think that's about what they typically measure) glass stem (having given my broken, 1-2 inch Pyrex stem to a friend, and shattering the last glass stem I was using as a pipe (a cheapo 6 dollar opaque blue meth bulb, with the bulb broken off (stepped on it accidentally, but luckily it only broke at the bulb end, leaving me with a tube perfect for smoking, about the same length and width as a typical shitty, weak, easily broken 99 cents glass rose), after telling myself, and my girlfriend that I was done with crack for good, at the time being more determined than ever, but the cravings quickly set in and I succumbed once more to the allure of the white demon barely a week past that day (when an addict wants what he wants, he'll get it no matter what, even with no proper pipe to smoke out of).

So, how could I get better hits out of this unusually long metal stem (I put this in italics because metal does indeed make a difference...can't see the smoke building up, can't see the resin collecting inside, so you have no clue what's stuck to the inside walls of the tube).
Is there any method more effective than the straight-shooter to get bigger hits? I've tried the bottle method once, rather unsuccessfully...any tips to make it work? I heard that's what they do over in the U.K. and other parts of Europe, where glass stems aren't as easily found in shops.

Now, on to the advice.
A few pointers on smoking technique: over the months, I've gradually come to perfect my smoking technique (assuming I'm smoking out of a regular size glass pipe (preferably Pyrex, like my previous straight-shooter...but even those progressively break, with enough heat applied to heat constantly...), and now I can get close to 20 fat bellringers out of a gram of rock (which isn't ridiculously expensive, and with my technique, a gram can last me up to 8 hours
NSFW:
(it does take at least a little willpower (i.e. not doing back to back hits and loading up dime rocks for each blast), but most of the time, if you hit it right, all your hits will provide you with a long-lasting, satisfying, smooth & mellow high after the intense initial rush subsides, being so chill that you won't even think or crave smoking anymore for up to an hour or more afterwards, although it's usually more in the 30 to 45 minute range, progressively getting shorter as you smoke more and fiend more...),
without even taking into account all the resin-smoking afterwards.

So anyways, here are the three stages of proper crack-smoking, in my experience:

Stage 1:
The pre-melt phase. Hold the stem, with a decent sized chunk (I use between 1/2 to 1/4 of a dime rock if I have plenty left, taking smaller hits as my stash slowly erodes away...) sitting on the chore, ideally not leaning against the sides of the tube, so as to melt all of the rock into the screen, not onto the sides of the glass. While doing this, just put the lighter on and off the rock, while twirling the stem back and forth (grip the pipe in the most comfortable way for you to twirl it gently without spilling the rock; you may have to switch your grip once you get to the smoking part). Now, when the rock has turned to goo and is nearing total meltdown
NSFW:
(you have a narrow time window to do this, but fortunately it's not a crucial part of the process, just an extra tip to closing in on the ultimate, "blast-you-to-the-moon" deafening rush of joy (12-second joy, but joy nonetheless, disregarding its extreme ephemerality and pathetically pitiful reward-to-effort ratio, yet any basehead will go to these lengths to achieve that very, very temporary yet cosmically blissful state of consciousness),
slowly tilt the pipe down so it's more or less level (parallel to the ground), which brings us to step 2 on the path to achieve that perfect, mouthwateringly delicious blast of smoke and vapor into your lungs.

Stage 2:
While the pipe is level, keep twirling it back and forth, but hold the lighter underneath the stem, leaving about half an inch of space between the top of the flame and the bottom of your cylindrical tube-shaped smoking utensil. Make sure to have the flame right under the exact spot that the screen is at (sometimes I'll have the flame a little too far back, messing things up a bit). If done right, you'll hear the trademark crackling sound of the cocaine vaporizing; it is at this point that you start inhaling (I usually have my lips already wrapped around the stem at the end of the first step, ready to inhale), slowly, very slowly.
As you do this, start slowly tilting your pipe down towards the ground, making the resin melt and flow down the inside walls of the stem. When the stem is nearly perpendicular to the ground (there's no need for it to be at a perfect 90 degree angle to the floor, although I know some people who do that religiously every time they take a puff), put the flame about half an inch from the end of the opening of the tube, not directly on the tip (and therefore on the screen and melted gooey cola goodness), just a little below, so the ambient heat from the top of the flame vaporizes the crack some more, and the crackling sound gets more intense and rapid. Now keep putting the flame close to the tip and pulling it away every other second, occasionally putting a direct flame to the screen for a second or two.
To finish off your hit, let's move on to the third and final step...

Stage 3:
When you feel your throat stinging and/or you're almost out of breath or feel like you're about to cough all that precious smoke out, quickly tilt the pipe directly upwards and inhale real strong to get all the remaining smoke out of the pipe. Now comes into play the most crucial part about getting the strongest hit possible: holding it in. We all know weed is almost fully absorbed within the first 5 seconds of reaching your lungs, and holding a weed hit in is usually rather pointless, giving nothing more than an unnoticeable slightly stronger high, but mostly just an oxygen deprivation high/rush (that dizzy feeling you get from holding your breath too long, which can kind of feel like a buzz, in the same sense that sniffing glue can give you a "buzz").
However, with crack, holding it in makes all the difference in the world. If you take two smokers, have one load about 3 dollars of crack into his pipe, and the other load a 10-dollar rock, but the 3-dollar guy holds his hit in at least 20 seconds or more, while the one-hit dime rock smoking dude holds his hit in less than 5 seconds, guess who's gonna get higher? The former, of course. Plus, he also benefits from not having wasted much product, if any at all, by loading an amount of cocaine his lungs can comfortably handle in one hit, while the 10-dollar guy exhales his hit while the pipe is still smoking from having loaded a huge-ass hit.
So yeah, hold your motherfucking hits in as long as possible (not to the point where you turn blue and hit the floor passed out, but, as a rule of thumb, I always aim for a minimum of 20 seconds, but 30 if possible. Holding it in more than 30 seconds produces no real noticeable difference, but holding it in less than 20 seconds significantly reduces the intensity of the highly prized & desired initial rush
NSFW:
(I enjoy a fat hit so much that I find it much more enjoyable, economic, and intensely pleasurable than shooting it, which requires at least half a dime of at least very decent stuff to get a good ear-ringing shot (so you buy a 20, and get 4 satisfying shots out of it, most likely all done within the hour...or you get a 20, and get 8-10 satisfying blasts out of it, and it can last you 3-4 hours easily if you have a bit of willpower on hand; now which one would you pick?)),
like the difference between holding it in 10 seconds and holding it in 20 seconds is huge, it feels like each second that passes gets you twice as high as you were the second before.

This concludes my "proper" crack-smoking tutorial/technique repertoire, feel free to correct me or include even more useful advice, any kind of feedback is appreciated. It saddens me that so many people immediately dismiss smoking and opt for shooting only (especially those who are already used to shooting, like most heroin addicts, for example, since heroin smoking is nowhere near as intense or enjoyable or economic as shooting, many people assume the same is true of crack cocaine...but it's not; even I, who always opts for the IV route whenever possible with pretty much any drug, and having had a year-long addiction to IV cocaine and year-long addiction to IV heroin (and many times combining both for a delicious speedball...another thing that takes a while to master, getting the correct amounts and ratio of heroin to cocaine down, for the perfect shot, I could write a whole tutorial about that too, if anybody asked me too, haha), settled for smoking crack 90% of the time rather than shooting it. I only shoot it when I have at least a gram, I'll do one or two nice fat shots a few hours apart, all the while smoking the rest. Oftentimes, I'll even regret shooting it, when it's all gone, thinking what I did in one shot could have contributed to at least 2-3 fat blasts from the pipe.

Anyways, I'm done saying what I had to say, and if a mod could make this thread the "official" crack discussion thread here on OD, that'd be nice too.

P.S. This entire post, which took around 45-50 minutes to write, without any breaks at all (except once to take a hit), was the result of a single large hit smoked 5 minutes prior to even getting on the computer, followed by a smaller hit (smoking the remains stuck on the chore, not even throwing in a new rock) about 40 minutes later or so after having started to write, and I'm still on cloud 9, not fiending at all for another blast. My technique works, trust me!

Smoke crack every day =D Everybody should try it at least once I think :) Crack ain't wack, crack's the shit yo

steve022,

In my area of Canada, freebase is seen as hard but ok, like "mesc" (pcp powder) yet people who use opiates, especially shoot up are stigmatized to the max. I only told one friend I was shooting up dilaudid back then, the friend who was selling me the Dillies and HM Contins and the pills i'd eat, kadians 130mg. Many people knew I smoked freebase and at first my less druggie friends were a bit weary of it, but they saw me act normal, it's because crack isn't social, it's mental masturbation especially with some beer, then you show up to a party and you'll be in a great mood that doesn't seem to come from rock.

I love smoking...or at least I loved to. But my tweak has gotten so bad i cant really enjoy it and it really sucks.

BAsically im always afraid im going to instantly die of a heart attack. It started when i began reading how bad this is for your heart, then adding it to the fact that im way fat, and worrying the two combined is probably extremely bad.

Ill hit it and just sit down and not move for like 10-15 minutes....afraid if i do itll overtax my heart and die. This is even though i have normal blood pressure, and even freaked out so bad i went to the hospital, had an ekg just an hour after the hit, and the cardiologist said it was "rock solid". No problems on the xray or blood test either.

Nowadays i only smoke between .5-1.0 g a weak. I usually wait at least 30 min between hits.

Is my tweak a legit concern or just paranoia? I try to look up stories of people dying from crack, as way to prevent myself from doing it, but its pretty much always that they did way too much at once, were drinking heaviliy and/or were taking benzos and/or heroin. I find plenty of heroin related deaths...almost no cocaine or crack. Does anyone know someone personally that actually had some emergency and were just doing normal amounts of crack? I need to shake this tweak, especially if im just way overestimating the danger.

my friend took one puff of crack and died instantly, he was in perfect shape. Crack can fuck the heart up instantly.

Hello everyone,

I saw this old thread discussion here and I would like to k ow if someone here can help me out.

I would like to learn the process step by step on how to make cocaine fluffy, and clean known as lavado..

ok thanks for the info. i studied all the past threads about this stuff and have a good understanding of whats going on. the only thing that i dont understand is that after soaking it in water and adding the ammonia with couple drops of muratic acid i get back a very fine powder very very fine with lots of shine. 1 gram looks like 2 or 3 the size seems to double but with less weight. i had people try a couple gs last night and they say it is the best they have seen. there must be something up i have done this 5 times now and get back the same results. if it is a freebase then why dont it burn when people snort it? why is it such a fine powder with out me breaking it up at all? and finally why are people getting so high from snorting it if it is freebase. is there a book that i can order online about the chemical propertys? i would like to have more info. thanks guys for the replys i cant believe how much info is on the net you guys rock this fourm is the shit!

Im new here.

I would like to learn the process step by step on how to make cocaine fluffy, and clean known as "lavado"..

my friend just so happen to run into a new seller for some smoke. The first was offered for free but my friend has a good heart so have 20. The shit was extremely potent even at lower doses, but its very mushy and feels like its wet. The guy said its "straight drop".

He got another today for full price, same thing. He thought he was putting too little on his pipe his first hit, until he hit it, and if he tried to just go a little crazy he thinks his heart would have exploded! The high lasted him a little over 10 minutes too!

He wants to know if this is some cut or if he has good stuff. Because honestly he is a little scared now.