• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

OXYCONTIN IS DONE!!!!if u abuse them find somethen new

The street value of roxi's are going to shoot through the roof, when nobody wants the OC's, all that'll be on the news will be the roxi epidemic...I read on ADD and some other site that they are now working on a IR that contains a low dose of naltrexone as a means to deter abuse. It's only a matter of time until all rx opiates are reengineered to abuse proof standards. As of july 1st I can only imagine the jump in price for an eighty.

i did not even read enough to know what is supposed to be different that you will not be able to chew it and or crush it up and swallow it..thats how i normally did Oc's when i had a script unless i had a 40mg OC(name beand ones) i would inject them sometimes but i never got the full effect snorting OC's..it's easier to chew them up and swallow them than to snort or inject them becuase the are not like morphine or something,,the have a high oral bioavalability...and the changes would be patented by Purdue ,the original maker of OC's ,therefore all gen eric,,oxycodone ER,, etc. .gereric versions of OC by the variuos name would still have the same formulation and be a hella lot cheaper than the new and freshly reformulated (see patented by pudue to make more money since they lost exclusive production rights after patent time ended for old OC's and a "new formulation" is patented as a new pill and will not be available as a generic for x numbe rof years ,,so they will (purdue) send out there pharm.. reps to doctors to convince them to prescribe the "safer,less abuse" form which has no generaic and costs a shit load of money like the Oxycontins Purdue came out with did till the medicine became geraic available dur to patent running out on the OC brand name ,,,new formulation would cost a lot an donly Purdue would sell it and at a great cost,since no competetetion plus media bullshit and hype= doctors thinkin gmaybe we should prescribe this new formulation to most people so the don't get addcited" ching ching ching goes pudues bank account and the generic pills are stil laround put docotors will probably only write scripts for generic oc's after a pudue pham. and usa gov.. big pharm..big governmenet cash in the politics pocket BS,,only an old woman will end up getting the generic ones if then if purdue does what the big pharm..corps do..give money to politicans and doctors threw various ways to get them to see purdues way...word this is real ,,expect that shit sometime if they got a pill that is harder to get into and they can sell it for 10 times more than the genrics cost..they will play us all threw media BS and put this shit out..fucking greed..the made enought fucking money off me when i was takne thme for 3 years after car wrecks surgery etc.. greedy fucking pigs..can burn in ther eown pig grase along with the dea pig fuckers

roxicodone is what i meant to say. roxicet is oxycodone and apap.
roxies are specifically formulated to be instant release, but i'm sure there's a way those assholes will figure out how to make them gel or something if you try to abuse it, kind of like the way they made vyvanse (only works if digested).

What they did with vyvanse was take something that the liver turns into dextroamphetamine in order for it to work. So it's pretty much like a version of dexedrine that hits slower. But they had to change the chemical structure for this and i doubt they will for roxi's.

In canada the oxy IR's are a bitch and always have been since they hit the market. Well the purdue brand name ones atleast. They have this hard outter coating thats a cunt to get off. Since i only eat my oxy's thats not a problem.

I don't know if supeudol or any of the generic oxy IR brands have this problem though.

i just filled my 20s, and just ran out of my 15s so ive been doing 2 15s for weeks now and suddenly ive been doing 2 of my 20s all day and feel achey and sluggish nose stuffy. like im slightly sick or coming down with something. did perdue change the formula already? and they are very difficult to crush. have to really use alot of force to break them with a quarter and leaves in big chunks then have to really rub hard to get if fine but doesnt go into a nice fine powder like my 15s. from what ive read it sounds like i may have new batch? does anyone know if they hit the market or pharms yet. i had to pay cash for my rx and it cost 4.40 each at the pharm. i almost choked. so i asked for generic and they told me they were out.

Jake1234, or anyone else who knows they've encountered the new "abuse-proof" formula, do you notice any similarities between the new Purdues and the old Teva GelMasters, aka Teva OCs?

I used to get the Teva 40mg OCs at a steep discount because they set-up like Jell-o when they even heard water running. And, looking at the picture that's been posted several times in this thread, the new Purdues look a lot like the Tevas when crushed.

Maybe Purdue bought Teva's gel formula and applied it to the new OCs. That would have saved them a chunk of change and they can benefit (less liability, better PR) from seeming like a company that cares. Pretty nauseating.

yeah well im having a hard time adjusting. i can usally go back and forth between my 20s and my 15 with out skipping beat just have to do LESS of the 20s. but i actually had mild withs last night from doing them the same way. so i swallowed one before bed and actually slept 8 hrs straight. cant remember the last time i slept that long with out getting up n HAVING to sniff a pill. now these don't seem to be gelling in my nose but i did add a drop of water to a few grAins and yeah it gels. so if i was snorting 10 - 15 15mg a day does anyone know how many 20s id need to swallow at once to keep withs away n stretch em out for as long as possible. i go back to dr on the 9th for my 15s and i think im going to ask for dr to write oxycodone cr its because he wrote oxycontin the phar HAD to give me the purdues. imagine that ASKING for generic ocs. there was a day uda never heard of such things. so the generics are still sniffable is that right? ill just tell the dr they too expensive they way he wrote em. n they are cost me 800.00 to fill my rx. i wanted to vomit. and NO i don't sell em ever. i need em n hate jail so.....forget that.

i was up to 30 mg or 2 15s at a time every 3-5 hrs. would 2 20s swallowed be about right? i'm trying to wean off too so....i just started that yesterday maybe had 30mg less that usually do. maybe that is reason for my mild withs? i wouldn't think id notice 2 less pills in a day. i havn't been doing that many for that long just a few weeks maybe

Last edited:
Weird. I just text my friend about this as my pharmacist and her pharm tech were talking about it the other day while I was getting my Xanax and Kpins filled. I have some friends I need to inform. Lol.

To be honest though - everyone I know has switched to Roxicodone, which is much much better than IV, IMO. You don't have all the damn wax to strain off.

It's not "roxicet" it's Roxicodone.. and I am not sure how they will "abuse proof" an instant release pill.

You would think it'd be impossible, but I've noticed that the Roccos made by Actavis (Amide) Pharma get a gel property to them.

The brand, Sun Pharma, that were around during that big shortage in early 09', were absolutely terrible. I remember being so pist off.

Who gives a shit? OxyContin is barely around anymore anyways, there are tons of IR Oxycodone formulated pills out there, and fuck shooting pills in the first place. If it really makes that much of an impact on people's supply for abuse, we will simply see a major upsurge in Heroin availability, as well as other pharms like Dilaudid, Morphine Sulfate, and Opana. I've never seen or even heard of anyone having Oxymorphone, so maybe we'll finally start seeing it around. I'd love to try that stuff out...

By far, the biggest downside to such an initiative is the inevitable fact that IV users will continue to inject OxyContin no matter what manufacturers do to it or how much they change it in the interest of deterring abuse. Subsequently, the adverse effects on health will begin to increase at an exponential rate, and the damage caused by doing so will become more and more severe.

oxymorphone or opana is a very dangerous drug for people who abuse. it so much more powerful than oxy. i did a little research cuz it was the ONLY thing available one time and i always look it up before i mess with it. anyway it makes you very sick to your stomache and it drives your dose up fast. people on the boards were saying they did em for a couple days and went back to oxys and their dose was up needing twice the oxy that before. i can tell you thats true. happened to me. and th buzz wasn't worth THAT let me tell you. id stay away from them if given the choice. anyone hear anything about new drug called nucynta? my dr was talking about switching me but didn't want to do it b4 my vaca we thought it might cause some withdrawls but from what i read its a schedule II narc also? and causes dependancy itself. anyone with any experience out there with it?

just looked at mine better. they still say oc on the one side NOT op and thinner like they usually are. so what the heck is going on. why do i feel like i got mild withs just switching from 15 irs to 20 ocs? never had this issue before. i thot i would need less of the oc NOT more. im just gonna swallow them, won't get that buzz but im trying to wean so any thots on how to wean off 250-300 mg a day? how much should i reduce my dose and how fast to minimize withs and still be able to work and sleep? thanks in advance for the advise? and what are p450enzymes or 350enzymes. i saw a thread about it with a chart and im clueless really.

anyone hear anything about new drug called nucynta?

Nucynta is Tapentadol, a stronger cousin to tramadol that supposedly has pain-reliving strenghts similar to hydrocodone and oxycodone, but I doubt it. IF you are currently on a codeine or morphine based drug I wouldnt switch.

Oh and what does this matter? No one really does Oxycontin anymore the prices are outrageous and IR oxy like Roxi 30's are so much easier to abuse anyways. If they do make are beloved Roxi's all abuse proof like they have done to some, now that will be a sad day.

Eventually these new laws and formulations meant to stop Rx drug abuse are just going to lead everyone who currently abuses Rx opiates to using street Heroin, if they haven't already.

^^
i'll gladly switch from roxi's to H any day.

if only the availability of each was the other way around lol.

Nucynta is Tapentadol, a stronger cousin to tramadol that supposedly has pain-reliving strenghts similar to hydrocodone and oxycodone, but I doubt it. IF you are currently on a codeine or morphine based drug I wouldnt switch.

Oh and what does this matter? No one really does Oxycontin anymore the prices are outrageous and IR oxy like Roxi 30's are so much easier to abuse anyways. If they do make are beloved Roxi's all abuse proof like they have done to some, now that will be a sad day.

Eventually these new laws and formulations meant to stop Rx drug abuse are just going to lead everyone who currently abuses Rx opiates to using street Heroin, if they haven't already.

Yes!

My cousin got a hold of them somehow (the 15 mg orange ones) and they are unique. You'll take one or two and expect to feel something but it really creeps up on you and 1-2 hours later you feel it, so don't OD thinking it's not working -- it'll kick in! They are very mellow also.

Odd, I've never heard of Tapentadol before, I'll have to do some research on it.

Once you've been on a fair amount of roxi for chronic pain... they don't get you fucked up at all.. Also "roxicodone" doesn't have a bad name right now its just Oxycontin we see on the news... My dr will write a ton of roxicodone but no Oxycontin.. She claims "Oxycontin" is too addictive.. I'd say IR pills are easier to "abuse". I think Roxi is safe for now..

Good god, a Dr that doesnt realise that Oxy is Oxy??

Like the brand name whores around my way that call or text w/ding askin..."m"s? "v"s? who cares, ya tool...its oxycodone and youll feel better and maybe even get high....

I can agree that roxis dont do much after a qwhile, Ive been scribed i.r.15s for 2 years, and sometimes sniffing 10 over a few hours just gives a slight mellow buzz.

Seems that eating an o.c.80 or 2 gets a good buzz going still, it does feel different to me somehow.

Ive grown quite a crazy tolerance since ive injured myself horibly over the past few years....nothing to be proud of at all, but it does suck when you want to get high, and not just "maintain"

THis is complete bullshit ive gotten my script filled since july 1st OC 60's and there is no fucking difference than before.

re:nucynta....i havent heard 1 positive thing about it, in that it doesnt give a high or help with pain. CII seems rather harsh for basically souped up Ultram. As for OC jello, well...you'll always have your memories. The despair on this thread is proof perfect as to why they made em 'abuse proof'. I'm suprised it took this long for them to finally get it done. *sigh* maybe sobriety is a'knockin....

Fletchacet

You guys are counting your eggs before they hatch this shit hasnt taken affect yet if it ever will ive gotten my script filled 2 weeks ago and there normal and work just fine. I get them every month so if it changes ill let ya know but for now they are just fine in my neck of the woods.