• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing ativan with valium.

EEhouseEE

Bluelighter
Iam plannin on mixing ativan and valium, its gonna be my first time mixing benzos and i wanted to know which should i take first and how much longer should i take the next one. (iam gonna be taking 20mg valium and 2mg ativan).

In my experience, mixing Benzos is like smoking different strains of herb one after another. Yeah, variety is great, but once you've smoked one kind of weed, the subtleties of the next kind will be barely perceivable (IME). The same seems to be true when mixing Benzos. I used to do it to all the time with Xanax and Valium, but to be honest, nowadays I would just prefer to take a little more of one or the other.

But to answer your question, it depends on your tolerance, but you would probably be fine with that combo unless you have no tolerance, in which case you will probably fall asleep quickly and wake up confused. If you're going to go for it, I'd take the Valium first because it takes longer to really kick in. Then, if you feel like you still want it, take the Ativan.

^Good advice, morpho.

I am going to send this over to BDD since it is a basic combination question.

OP, I don't see much advantage in mixing these 2 *very* similar drugs unless you are short and don't have enough of either. I agree with morpho that I'd just rather take more of one or the other, but to each is own. Just make sure you understand the strength of the two and that you are not exceeding your tolerance. That is not a huge dose but its more than I'd recommend for someone without any tolerance.

---> BDD

Yeah mixing them won't be too much different that one or the other. I would take the valium first though, cuz I think if you take the xanax first you probably won't feel the valium at all when you do take it.

I disagree with the above posters and say that mixing benzos is great! Try it in different sequences, ratios, etc. I find that the uniqueness really appeals to me. Each to their own, I guess...

In the past I would probably take the 20mg val after a glass of grapefruit juice, wait a couple hours and slowly unwind - let it reach peak plasma which takes a bit longer with the enzyme inhibition from the grapefruit, and then take the 2mg lorazepam for the extra kick just because I don't find diazepam physically sedating enough for my liking.

Even without tolerance and with mild sensitivity it's not gonna hurt you if it has a stronger effect than anticipated as long as you haven't had any other depressants like alcohol etc. Worse case scenario you fall asleep and wake up a bit more groggy than usual, and I guess some may regard that as a waste depending on why you use benzos.

Personally it would be a nicer in that combo than lorazepam alone - I found that shit to be the least euphoric and unimpressive anxiolytic benzo. Like if xanax had younger brother that never lived up to the standards of the older sibling, despite having a short half-life in common.

I agree with BW. I loooove mixing benzo's and think that each mix is really different. Personally ativan is my favorite to mix with others, I think the "numbness" it adds enhances other benzos perfectly.

Give it a try, and just look up an equivalency chart to see how much you want to take. I would suggest to start with 10-20mg Valium and 1mg Ativan a little later.