Bonnaroo 2010

GoddessLSD-XTC

Bluelighter
Who's going this year? I might. Only band I'm really interested in is Flaming Lips . . . they're going to play "Dark Side of the Moon."

If I go, this will be my third year.

I'd like to get VIP tix but U need to buy two so if any of U want a ride from Arizona (or points between), let me know, maybe we can go in half for the tix & I'll take an RV. After, I'll be going to Chicago and maybe New York City.

Im going!

So excited to see the biscuits again. Unfortunately almost everyone i wanna see there ive seen before (flaming lips rock live incase you havent seen) but i guess that just means ill know exactly what shows i wanna see

I'm not sure what bands I'm gonna wanna see except Flaming Lips . . . most of the bands I'm not familiar with. I better buy my tix soon! (Decided not to go VIP.) I also think it's best to enter from the west-bound side of the freeway (maybe a 20-mile detour if Ur coming from the west) because Ur more likely to get a place near the front. Last time I had a nice place with a view of the Ferris Wheel & could hear the music really well.

Roo 2010!!!!!!

I'll be there as part of the WET (work exchange team).....so I'm volunteering 18 hours for a free ticket and other goodies (like a heady camping area just for WET volunteers and meal vouchers).

I can't wait! Anyone feel free to PM me if you're headed to the Roo....I'm so stoked this will be my 2nd time (last time was in 2004). I'm going by myself so it's be nice to make some meet some BL'ers in real life.=D

I just hope the festival hasn't turned to shit in the past few years, but with this line-up I can't imagine having a bad time.

I know this forum gets little to no traffic, but shit all you BL bonnaroo folks need to gimme a shout!!!!

I bought my ticket, gonna take the minivan. Send me a PM & I'll give U my cell-phone number. I plan to arrive early Thursday morning . . . taking the north-west-bound (I-24) entrance. If we arrive at the same time, I'll let U cut in front of me & we can camp next to each other.

im goin......mainly checkin out the hip hop..def wanna check out flaming lips and kings of leon
stevie!!! conan obrien....

def marley and nas....

i might be going(waiting to see if i get a free ticket or not) if so bassnectar is where i will def be and flaming lips of course

I would go if it wasn't so 'blown up' now. Even though there are plenty of awesome bands. Plus the ticket price is out of my range. I was planning on working with a vendor but that fell through.

If you plan on going here is my opinion on the lineup. I'd recommend checking out the bands in Green. Those bolded are those which I prefer more/would like to see most. Those italicized are worth checking out as well IMO.

The Avett Brothers
Bassnectar
The Black Keys
Blues Traveler
Calexico
The Dead Weather
The Disco Biscuits (sweet live)
The Flaming Lips
John Butler Trio
Lotus <3
Martin Sexton
Medeski Martin & Wood
Michael Franti and Spearhead
The Middle East
Miike Snow
The National
Punch Brothers ft. Chris Thile
Regina Spektor
Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers
Stevie Wonder (when will you ever see him again?)
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Umphrey's McGee (always put on a great show)
Ween

The following do not even come close to matching the brilliance of the bands listed above in green.

Kings of Leon (they sold out 8))
Jay-Z
Weezer (sold out)

I just hope the festival hasn't turned to shit in the past few years, but with this line-up I can't imagine having a bad time.

I know this forum gets little to no traffic, but shit all you BL bonnaroo folks need to gimme a shout!!!!

Bonnaroo has become extremely commercialized now. MTV practically runs it and there are way too many people attending to suit my fancy. I personally prefer the smaller, more secluded festivals regardless of the lineup.

My buddy has been going for the past decade to Roo and he says now it's not uncommon for someone to get robbed (sometimes at gun point).

Last edited:
^^^ Thx Shaman, I wrote Ur picks down.

Leavin' tomorrow, early, hope I make it -- 1600-mile drive.

Last time I was there I witnessed two drug rip-offs. One was a BIG African (from Africa) selling 'shrooms (person next to me bought some but they were fake shrooms . . . really BIG shroom), and a drunk southern guy trying to sell me fake E. (It was in a capsule.)

Last time I was there I witnessed two drug rip-offs. One was a BIG African (from Africa) selling 'shrooms (person next to me bought some but they were fake shrooms . . . really BIG shroom), and a drunk southern guy trying to sell me fake E. (It was in a capsule.)

Take care & be safe! If you PM me your cell I can give it to my buddies who will be down there. Maybe you guys could meet up and hang.

Damn if I had the $$ I would definitely split VIP and cruise that RV %)

Last edited:

where u comin from godess?

nice list shaman i circled all your pick son my schedule

(got my ticket, for free bitches :) i heard disco biscuits and lotus might be sharing the stage at one point which would be amazing
what sucks about the schedule though is Black keys, Bass nectar and Flaming lips(covering dark side of the moon) are all playing at the same time Friday night. Ive never seen any of them live but i am a big fan of all of them, have any of you guys? and what do you think is gonna be the best show? im thinking bassnectar

F*cking RV wasn't working very good, broke down twice so I came home after going 600-miles, wasted about $800. :(

F*cking RV wasn't working very good, broke down twice so I came home after going 600-miles, wasted about $800. :(

Goddess, I'm so sorry :(

I arrived late and had to leave early so I missed some acts I really wanted to see, but I hate that you couldn't make it :\

I saw Mumford & Sons when they played and they were awesome! I hadn't heard of them before their performance but I just happened to stroll by as they were playing--they have a folk rock style. Sucks I missed MM&W and Ween :(

Ween is playing (taped) at Bonnaroo now:
http://www.youtube.com/bonnaroo

Here's a pic of my RV broken down. :(
4690062554_3ce23b3de8_b.jpg

best experience of my life, hands down.

the best acts that i saw were bassnectar, crystal method, rebelution, phoenix, and dave matthews.

unfortunately i missed disco biscuits (tho i saw them a few months ago and loved). I was just to tired from being up for 2 days strait in 100 degree wheather.

Goddess: thats a shitty story, im sorry you didnt get to enjoy your bonnaroo vacation