• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

PCP analogs (Cumulative) - Retrospective - Bioassays

Can anybody share some information/thoughts about PCPr? Dose, duration, compare it with plain PCP?

Does anyone have any information about the pyridinylcyclohexylamines ? or any arylcyclohexylamines with an aryl group other than a phenyl or thiophene ring? I briefly read an article on erowid stating that replacement of the phenyl ring in PCP for another aromatic ring results in retention of activity and it got me thinking about the possible diversity of arylcyclohexyalmines. For example have furyl, pyrrole ect ect derivatives ever been tested. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

'2-oxo-' refers to a carbonyl group at the 2 position of the cyclohexyl ring, as seen in ketamine and methoxetamine

Here are some somewhat related compounds that I am interested in throwing out there, they don't exist yet to my knowledge but I thought that maybe somebody could speculate on their activity/potency.

3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCiPr (isopropyl instead of ethyl group on the nitrogen)

3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCPr (propyl instead of ethyl)

3-Chloro-2-Oxo-PCE would be something I think COULD have potential, I don't think it has been looked into really either but it could be interesting.

As you can see from above I enjoy methoxetamine and am curious about substitutions on the nitrogen with a pyrolle group or indole or isoindole or pyrroline or vinyl in place of the ethyl.

Sorry to clogg up the thread if not relavent enough.

3-chloro likely wouldn't have much of an effect then, but maybe

p.s. i love seeing this thread bumped :)

I want everyone who reads this to remember how 2-meo-ket turned out. The methoxy in place of chlorine was supposed to make it 'legal ketamine' but instead it diminished potency while retaining activity.

2-meo-ket is wierd and takes too much to get where it should be going but it does have activity.

I wouldn't be so quick to overlook my 3-chloro suggestion. Think if the same thing were to have happened in the case of 2-meo-ket. I know this is all after-the-fact discussion but writing off the suggestion to put a chloro on what is now known as ketamine would have been a huge mistake by Parke-Davis.

Hell Parke-Davis may have even synt'd the molecule in the 60's and decided it was too hallucinogenic.

yup, as always with SAR discussion, the only way to know for sure is to try it. there's other, surer bets, but you never know -- 3-chloro could pay out.

Lets hope for the sake of all things that bother me tonight that 3-chloro gets synthesized and the SAR get discussed. I just want to see what anyone would think of it honestly, maybe I should start a new thread?

I'm sure 3-Chloro would work, but I think it'd be a pretty big let-down. Potency wise I'd guess at it being as potent dose-wise as Ketamine at best. It'd probably also be closer to an inferior more sedated Methoxetamine in effects - which, with the notably decreased potency makes it seem a silly choice. Just speculation though, I may be wrong. I'd sooner try 3-MeO though - simply for the reason that I'd expect 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCP (3-MeO-Deschloro-Ketamine) to be closer to 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE (Methoxetamine/MXE) than 3-Chloro-2-Oxo-PCP would be to 2-Chloro (Ketamine itself) - and for the higher potency.

Although here we see Ethyl analogues seemingly being more potent than Methyl analogues, we've seen that for the vast majority, Ketamine is preferred to N-ethyl-Norketamine, and the 3-MeO derivative would just be MXE with the N-Ethyl replaced with an N-Methyl, as with Ketamine vs NENK - so could get something nice. Though it'd probably be illegal in most of the places where MXE is now illegal.

There's a lot of other interesting analogues that'd probably be better investments than the 3-Chloro, particularly considering these aren't exactly the easiest of drugs to synth - no sense wasting an investment on a let-down imo. 2-Fluoro-2-Oxo-PCP (2-Fluoro-Deschloroketamine, or 2-Fluoro-Ketamine by the naming standard 2-MeO-Ketamine uses) or 2-Fluoro-2-Oxo-PCE (2-Fluoro-Deschloro-NENK) though might be nice.

I seem to remember finding a report for 2-Fluoro-Ketamine a while back that suggested unlike 2-MeO it was very hard to tell apart from Ketamine, only subtle differences.

Last edited:
Best of bullshit. I've said it before, and others who have done similar work agree, that this is all obvious SAR speculation, reiterations of work that people have actually done (Beagle, etc) , incorporations of easily available literature on the subject, and a lot of the compounds descriptions don't match up to trials that have actually been done.

I take this report with a grain of salt....a truckload really. Nice try.

yup, as always with SAR discussion, the only way to know for sure is to try it.

And even then, you don't know for sure. In vitro binding assays have run contrary to inference from perceived effects many a time with this class of compounds.

that this is all obvious SAR speculation, reiterations of work that people have actually done (Beagle, etc) , incorporations of easily available literature on the subject, and a lot of the compounds descriptions don't match up to trials that have actually been done.

Yet compilation and summary of these data in one place is a valuable achievement in itself.

ebola

I'm sure 3-Chloro would work, but I think it'd be a pretty big let-down. Potency wise I'd guess at it being as potent dose-wise as Ketamine at best. It'd probably also be closer to an inferior more sedated Methoxetamine in effects - which, with the notably decreased potency makes it seem a silly choice. Just speculation though, I may be wrong. I'd sooner try 3-MeO though - simply for the reason that I'd expect 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCP (3-MeO-Deschloro-Ketamine) to be closer to 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE (Methoxetamine/MXE) than 3-Chloro-2-Oxo-PCP would be to 2-Chloro (Ketamine itself) - and for the higher potency.

Although here we see Ethyl analogues seemingly being more potent than Methyl analogues, we've seen that for the vast majority, Ketamine is preferred to N-ethyl-Norketamine, and the 3-MeO derivative would just be MXE with the N-Ethyl replaced with an N-Methyl, as with Ketamine vs NENK - so could get something nice. Though it'd probably be illegal in most of the places where MXE is now illegal.

There's a lot of other interesting analogues that'd probably be better investments than the 3-Chloro, particularly considering these aren't exactly the easiest of drugs to synth - no sense wasting an investment on a let-down imo. 2-Fluoro-2-Oxo-PCP (2-Fluoro-Deschloroketamine, or 2-Fluoro-Ketamine by the naming standard 2-MeO-Ketamine uses) or 2-Fluoro-2-Oxo-PCE (2-Fluoro-Deschloro-NENK) though might be nice.

I seem to remember finding a report for 2-Fluoro-Ketamine a while back that suggested unlike 2-MeO it was very hard to tell apart from Ketamine, only subtle differences.

Jesus, ketamine isn't 2-Chloro-2-Oxo-PCP(phenyl), it's 2-Chloro-2-Oxo-PCM (methyl). But its an interesting idea, the methyl of ketamine swopped for a phenyl ring a la PCP.

But I agree with you, bring on the 2-Fluoro-Deschloroketamine =D

In my opinion this thread is in the wrong forum, it def belongs in ADD of PD.

And even then, you don't know for sure. In vitro binding assays have run contrary to inference from perceived effects many a time with this class of compounds.

in vivo testing would have sufficed in the context i was discussing it in -- i'm pretty sure blowjay is just looking to trip out. :)

Yet compilation and summary of these data in one place is a valuable achievement in itself.

ebola

If it were only such, and presented as such, I would tend to agree. But it isn't. It is presented as first person trials, a lot of it obvious conjecture, and plenty of it contradicting the findings of people actually doing work in this arena, not just pretending to. And as such the whole piece is one stinking pile of bullshit...