• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cutting Opana ER's aka Oxymorphone - Need advise

opad

Greenlighter
Hello everyone! I am new to Bluelight. I admit that I am an opiate addict due to chronic pain. Need it, but tend to abuse.

With that said, someone has given me 4 - 40mg Opana ER pills also known as Oxymorphone.

I know that the dosage states not to take broken, crushed pills etc.

I am curious to this...

Can I cut this 40mg pill into 4 pieces using a pill cutter, and take each individual piece and not die from overdosing. Just trying to understand how I can reduce the dosage and save the pill as much as possible.

I have read about snorting but I would rather take orally.

Thoughts?

yes you can the timerx system gels up and breaking it wont defeat it

I will research the "timerx" system.

You guys know SOOOO much more than me. I am learning more about opiates. My fav has always been hydrocodone. However I have never had these just handed to me. I just know that I would rather not take an entire 40mg's worth when less will be effective for me.

I am just scared to death about the warning of not taking them if they are broken.

So I figured if I break them into small pieces I should be ok.

What is your average opiate dose? With that information, we can help with the appropriate dose for you.

What is your average opiate dose? With that information, we can help with the appropriate dose for you.

I take 10/325 Norcos

Approx 4 per day.

However...

There have been times I have taken 6 in one day.

1 - morning
1 - afternoon
2 - night

Sometimes if I am up late, I will take an additional 1-2 pills.

I have been on opiates for well over a yr and withdraw if I dont have any by the 2nd day.

You guys are awesome. Much respect!

Well, 1/4 of the opana would equal 10mg of oxycodone, which equal to about 7.5mg of hydrocodone (which you take).

With that said, take a 1/4 of the pill at a time, give it a hour and half, if you don't have the relief you are looking for, take 1 of your norco's. Space out the opana doses, and take the hyrdo's for break through pain (if any).

But do note, the opana is much stronger than your norcos, hence why you should only take a 1/4 at a time.

Thats what I was hoping to hear. I just wanted to ensure that if I break the tablet 4 ways I wont get some massive overdose as the maker says not to break them. I just dont want to take the whole thing.

Common sense says if you break it you get only half/quarter or the dose. So I just needed confirmation.

Thanks so much for your help on this.

No problem, they say not to break them/crush them, as it messes with the time-release and could cause an o/d, not so much much opana but with oxy. As long as you just split them, you will not have any issue and they will work as if the 1/4 of the pill was one regular pill at that dose.

10mg opana dose not equal 10mg oxy... opana is like 3times(could be wrong) stronger than oxy. but has less biovability than oc when taken oraly. but i would still just start out with a quarter one to be safe. iv known to many people that have died from opiates so someone with a low tollarance like you needs to be careful when moving up to the stronger opiates. do your research, like your doing.

Pharmaceutical companies also say, "Do not take this pill while consuming alcohol," because they do not want you to increase its effects dramatically. Since you said that you "Need it, but tend to abuse" opiates, then you could cut the opana four ways. I think there are time release latex gel coatings on those, if I am not mistaken, like oxycontin. Take a wet napkin, cloth, or whatever, and wipe the time-release encasing, until the pill is white.

You could snort it, but insufflating stuff intra-nasally is usually a waste. Just chew it, pop it, or my personal favorite: parachute it. I only [used to] snort heroin, oxycontin, and hydromorphone...just because there was that placebo effect, where I thought I would get higher, thus, my psyche physically manifested that on to my body.

I hope this helped? Be careful with oxymorphone, it is potent, and your tolerance will escalate rapidly.

Well, 1/4 of the opana would equal 10mg of oxycodone, which equal to about 7.5mg of hydrocodone (which you take).

Careful with your maths there. 1/4 of a 40 mg Opana, that's 10 mg oxymorphone. If taken orally, that's roughly equivalent to 20 mg oxycodone - which is again considered equivalent to 30 mg hydrocodone. Your estimate is way off.

Thanks for all the imput.

So now I have a question. Based on ownx0rz suggestion...

Should I take the coating off and split the pill 4 ways and take

OR

Do I just cut the pill 4 ways using my pill cutter, and just pop 1/4 of the pill (the piece I cut)

the timerx in opana is primarily to dissuade against people IV'ing them. I've taken 10 mg opana orally and by insufflation. I didn't much like the oral route as the effects took about an hour to kick it and were not nearly as strong as when tooted.

That being said, you can scrape the coating off and then cut into 4 quarters or you can just cut into quarters as is. If you are taking them orally, then the coating really doesn't matter.

When I take Opana, I scrape the coating off (don't try to lick it off like with oxys or the pill will gel), crush up the pill and then snort. With opana, and because of the gelling effect from the timerx, you gotta snort a lot of small lines instead of 2 or 3 standard rails.

If you take 3 10mg Norcos a day, I wouldn't worry so much about Overdose. While 40mg Opana's are powerful and there is the potential to overdose, you've done the right thing by doing your research first instead of a lot of the idiots who come on here creating "Help" threads. To reiterate what's been said, eat a quarter or 2. Wait an hour. Redose as needed. Happy Nodding!

Thanks so much to everyone for being so informative and thorough with anwsering my questions. I truely appreciate it very much. When these were given to me I researched the medication and I knew it wasn't just pop a couple and have fun. I know this medication is very serious and I am not trying to kill myself so I want to be very safe.

Again much appreciation to you guys.

I am on opana er 20mg. so if i take the coating off, and cut it into 4ths and then crush them to a fine powder, and do very small lines slowly it defeats part of the time release?

Taking Opana orally is less effective than snorting it...stomach acids destroy some of the morphine-base of the Opana, while snorting it delivers it without that destruction. I take a razor and shave the Opana pills to get it powdery and then snort it and afterwards I snort some water to help it disolve. I find the gelling not a problem, it adhers to the nasal lining (which you want) and the drug gets absorbed faster. It's a hoot...but if you have a cronic pain situation like I do then snorting it really makes taking it orally undesirable because its not nearly as effective and its much slower. BEWARE OF THE DEPENDANCE ON OPANA BECAUSE THE WITHDRAWAL IS SEVERE! It doesn't take long to become dependant on Opana.

Thanks for the advice Sychotic, I will probably just take them as prescribed because i dont want to run out early nor do i want a serious physical dependency on opana. I took have a chronic condition that requires around the clock treatment and this reallly would be a waste of something i need

U should snort it.... Oral bioaval sucks compared to intranasal....