• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Suboxone dangerous?

As far as the danger factor with ODing on it, you pretty much have to down the whole prescription or mix it with a ton of alcohol and benzos. Suboxone by itself is nearly impossible to OD on, because of a "ceiling dose" after which effects don't really increase anymore even if you take more of it.

And if you and your friends are puking a shit ton from it its because you all took WAY to much. suboxone is potent as hell, as you mentioned. Someone who is opiate naive could get supremely fucked up off of .5 - 1mg.

I've taken it orally and gotten great results....

I've taken it IN and gotten great results...

I know quite a few people who shoot suboxone and get a partial nod going... since it's only a partial agonist

doctors lie so you don't abuse it
The naloxone is pointless, albeit it deters abuse to an extent but why :?

The BA% of an oral dose is something like 10%. Sublingual is around 30% and nasal is closer to 50%. Obviously IV is %100.

An oral dose is near pointless, hence why I have never heard of anyone actually swallowing their sub pills when using them for a daily regime, and I sure as hell know they don't work for shit when someone does.

for someone who is opiate naive, 1mg imo is way to much, half of that might be too much even,

no more than .5mg for sure for Opiate naive people.

back when I wasn't using opiates regularly I used to take literally the tiniest crumb of my now ex gf's suboxone and I would be high as a kite for 12-24 hours, the only downside was that my penis was basically useless for that whole time. but I was amazed at how high I'd get off the TINIEST amounts. the high wasn't as good as a regular opiate, but definitely nothing to complain about.

yeah, hard to OD on, but if you have a really low tolerance literally take around a quarter of a milligram. I gave a 2mg subutex to a friend the other month (in exchange for some ritalin, I was working and too broke to buy it) and warned him to only take like a crumb but he took the whole thing and spent the night vomiting. very powerful drug but safe when not combined with depressants.

i've puked twice on it from a quarter of a 8mg, or 2mg.

but i've done a full 8mg twice also and didn't puke from it.

dunno whats up with that

my friend took 3 8mg = 24mg of suboxone, she had a real low tolerance too.

she was fucked up and puked once, but she was fine the next day

So does anyone have any idea if i would get effective WD control from 0.2mg of bupe if I'm taking 30mg of oxy IR ever 4 hours just to keep from getting sick?

^If I were you I'd take 1 mg sublingually and if it doesn't help within 1.5 or 2 hours do another 1 mg sublingually. 2 mg is generally enough to hold people even with large heroin habits, so it'd probably be enough to keep the WDs down. I'm not sure if .2 mg would, what ROA are you doing?

^If I were you I'd take 1 mg sublingually and if it doesn't help within 1.5 or 2 hours do another 1 mg sublingually. 2 mg is generally enough to hold people even with large heroin habits, so it'd probably be enough to keep the WDs down. I'm not sure if .2 mg would, what ROA are you doing?

30mg orally every 4 hours until I have reached 120mgs each day. the bupe is Temgesic .2mg.

30mg orally every 4 hours until I have reached 120mgs each day. the bupe is Temgesic .2mg.

The 0.2mg bupe tablets are used for mild to moderate pain management in opiate naive (or otherwise opiate-free) patients. The amount of bupe used for treating dependence (opioid replacement therapy) is more like 8 to 30mg.

When I decided to stop taking oxy I tried the bupe route first. Doc told me to show up in a state of mild withdrawal for my first dosing, said 12-18 hours without oxy should be okay (he knew I was taking about 400mg oxy per day at the time). Turns out the guy was not experienced with bupe - I had a case of precipitated withdrawal I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Much, much worse than cold turkey - if you can believe it. Later a pain clinic doc (different place) prescribed methadone as a replacement and it worked well for me.

Moral Decay: what may be of interest to you I learned much later from the pain clinic doc. He does encourage people to try Suboxone instead of methadone, but permits it only if you first reduce your pain medication dosage to 30mg methadone (or equivalent). Turns out this approach is pretty common.