• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Suboxone dangerous?

manwithaplan

Bluelighter
Of course all drugs are dangerous... What I mean is; my friends told me that Suboxone is hard to OD on, so, for my second time taking it I took 3.5mg yesterday. I felt really amazing but when I was at the mall, around 5 hours after taking it, I got nauseated, which lasted for another 5 hours. I puked and then felt sick still after but didn't puke again...

I took 2.3mgs today and feel pretty nice. I just read online though that taking 1/4 of Suboxone can make you deathly Ill and also that Suboxone is 50 times stronger than morphine... That kind of freaked me out a bit. Is puking while on suboxone kind of a common thing? It doesn't mean anything is wrong or that I took too much, right?

Just a little freaked out, haha, I usually do Tramadol and Hydros, so Suboxone making me and others sick is a pretty odd thing... Also, two of my friends yesterday also felt like they were going to throw up but didn't.

Perhaps your tolerance is too low for it. Other than that I don't really know.

It's not dangerous in that it can almost never cause death by respiratory depression like full-agonist opioids. In the relatively few cases where it has been involved in OD deaths, benzodiazepines were usually involved as well.

So it's hard to "OD" on if you mean die from it. But its very easy to overdose on if you mean take more than you can handle and get very nauseous and sedated. You are probably still very nauseous after taking that much with little or no tolerance, but you'll be fine once it wears off. But definitely avoid benzodiazepines (Xanax/Klonopin) and alcohol.

It's not dangerous in that it can almost never cause death by respiratory depression like full-agonist opioids. In the relatively few cases where it has been involved in OD deaths, benzodiazepines were usually involved as well.

So it's hard to "OD" on if you mean die from it. But its very easy to overdose on if you mean take more than you can handle and get very nauseous and sedated. You are probably still very nauseous after taking that much with little or no tolerance, but you'll be fine once it wears off. But definitely avoid benzodiazepines (Xanax/Klonopin) and alcohol.

This is it basically, so... +1 I guess =D

Because Buprenorphine has a ceiling dose limiting how much you can take and keep maintaining a satisfactory effect, it also has this ceiling dose limit for Respiratory Depression. So it is relatively difficult to OD via this route.
You could still die if you nodded out, were laying on your back, and ended up being sick, so that's something to watch out for lol.

But yea, mixing with Benzos, Ethanol or any other CNS depressant, it becomes really dangerous in the Resp. Dep. department.

Of course all drugs are dangerous... What I mean is; my friends told me that Suboxone is hard to OD on, so, for my second time taking it I took 3.5mg yesterday. I felt really amazing but when I was at the mall, around 5 hours after taking it, I got nauseated, which lasted for another 5 hours. I puked and then felt sick still after but didn't puke again...

I took 2.3mgs today and feel pretty nice. I just read online though that taking 1/4 of Suboxone can make you deathly Ill and also that Suboxone is 50 times stronger than morphine... That kind of freaked me out a bit. Is puking while on suboxone kind of a common thing? It doesn't mean anything is wrong or that I took too much, right?

Just a little freaked out, haha, I usually do Tramadol and Hydros, so Suboxone making me and others sick is a pretty odd thing... Also, two of my friends yesterday also felt like they were going to throw up but didn't.

It sounds lke your taking it recreationally with no opiate tolerance.

3.5mg would be a large dose. If you are puking you DEF took too much.

Honestly, I would insufflate 1mg and you'll be flying high all night rather than feeling sick off subligually taking 3.5mg

If you have a tolerance to opiates its practically impossible to OD/get sick on bupe in my opinion (don;t go testing that theory).

When I went in to residential detox for heroin addiction I had been tapering with bupe (Subutex rather than Suboxone so no nasty naloxone involved) and was down to 0.5mg a day if memory serves. The detox treatment I had was an experimental pilot study and a very odd one at that - they gave me 32mg of Subutex the first day and I was insanely high for well over 24 hours until the doses of naltrexone they were also giving me killed it off. I was in opie heaven for that initial period (and naltrexone hell for the rest of the week 8)) and spent most of the time nodding like a noddy thing on smack. Never felt close to OD territory despite the massive jump in dose. I had been heavily addicted to heroin/methadone for over a decade though so presume some kinda residual tolerance may have been involved.

For purely recreational purposes, and with low tolerance, 1mg would be the maximum dose I'd say to go for. To be honest, I'd really advise not using it at all in that situation cos it's seriously potent stuff and you'll be more likely to be spun out and puking most of the time.

I have access to bupe 0.2mg tablets. I have been using 30mg of oxy every 4 hours for weeks on end at this point. I had been doing a taper with DHC but was too aggressive and slipped back into daily abuse of oxy. Would .2 mg of Bupe be something that would wan my cravings for oxy 30mg every 4 hours? Would it be too much for me or too little. I really know nothing about it at all. Everything I have read about it mentions it with naloxone and its in these crazy high doses like 8mg.

Thanks everyone for the replies, got the answers I was looking for. Too bad I didn't read it earlier, I would have snorted what I took a while ago. I took 3.5mg again today and I have a slight headache right now but that's about it... I really hope I don't get sick again, but I feel good so that's cool...

I've never snorted anything before, so if I were to get some more and snort 1mg, what would that be like? I mean, like... How exactly do I do it and what are the negative effects involved?
Oh, also, Five Hour energy drink a bad idea? I'm kind of nodding right now.

Five hour energy drink shouldn't have any effect (negatively) on the suboxone other than screw up the 'relaxation' feeling you are probably experiencing. Or, inability to sleep.

Just my opinion: if you are using opiates recreationally I'd stray from suboxone. One day, if you become addicted to opiates, you may need to use either methadone or suboxone for treatment. It's best not to have a history of abusing/liking the drug if you want it to be effective in treatment. I don't know - that's just how I feel: suboxone isn't a drug to mess around with. Take something else.

However, you obviously WANT to use it. It is extremely potent, obviously, considering you can take a fraction of a milligram to be high as a kite. So, be careful- it IS easy to OD on it. Especially dangerous to mix it with other drugs (such as benzos, obviously don't mix it with opiates).

Don't do suboxone recreationally the withdrawls last 2-3 times longer than regular opiates

It's not fun

beware i tried it once a bout 2 months ago...never again!

il copy n paste what i wrote at the time

"i had one of the most horrific experience of my life on this stuff on friday.

ws my first time trying it,tried to break up an 8 mg tab into small pieces but probably ended up talking around 1 mg,didnt know wtf was goin on for well over 12 hours,contantly being sick,could hardly,walk,talk,was dizyy as hell and confused,sedated,sweating,hallucinating,heart pounding at times,very scarey experience,not one be i would wish on my worst enemy.

i had been given a free sample of 2x8mg tabs,needless to say they went straight in the bin after fridays nightmare.

i would never ever touch this drug again even if you offered me a lot of money. "

I would think it's dangerous to people with low tolerances. I could be completely wrong here but I thought people who could get high off of minimal amounts of hydro could get really sick from subs. Could someone answer me so I am more informed? lol

i usually snort between 1(whole) and 1(whole) and 1/2 subs but i have a pretty high tolerance for opis. ive never known anyone to be hurt from them just sick, but that means nothing, and to sniff it crush and chop as finely as u can and us a straw or rolled up bill. subs are pretty smooth kinda citrusy and fruity. to me they dont burn or anything, they do cause my nose to run uncontrollably for a short period of time.

Don't do suboxone recreationally the withdrawls last 2-3 times longer than regular opiates

It's not fun

Agreed. I heard somewhere that if you take it orally and not sublingually then you face worse WD's (???) Perhaps there is some significant different in doing so; however, I've only taken in subL.

It sounds like the buprenorphine alone is a pretty good high in the right range. I have no tolerance and I've never had a problem controlling my opiate intake. I also have the anti-nausea drug ondansetron, which mitigates the chemoreceptive trigger that is thought to be a chief mechanism of opiate nausea, so I'm not too worried about getting sick.

Given that one doesn't have to worry much about getting sick, in the opinion of people who have used it where do buprenorphine's euphoric effects fall in the line from codeine to hydrocodone to oxycodone to insufflated hydromorphone?

Im getting so sick of hearing people say maybe your tolerance is to low for subs. thats bullshit. I shoot dope a lot. sometimes 8 times a day. Subs tend to make anyone who takes them sick which is why i think there stupid as fuck, but maybe I should give it another chance. Its so hard getting methadone around here and its so annoying when all youre trying to do is get help and noone is giving you the help you need.

Agreed. I heard somewhere that if you take it orally and not sublingually then you face worse WD's (???) Perhaps there is some significant different in doing so; however, I've only taken in subL.

Taking bupe orally is pointless. The BA% is like non-existent, hence why you take it sublingually. I have never heard of anyone taking it orally and getting results, nor have I heard of people getting w/d from oral doses...

Im getting so sick of hearing people say maybe your tolerance is to low for subs. thats bullshit. I shoot dope a lot. sometimes 8 times a day. Subs tend to make anyone who takes them sick which is why i think there stupid as fuck, but maybe I should give it another chance. Its so hard getting methadone around here and its so annoying when all youre trying to do is get help and noone is giving you the help you need.

I take subs for maintenance and have never gotten sick nor have the many people I know who have taken them. To an opiate naive person, a recreational dose of 1mg suboxone is going to be a decent, and could indeed get someone sick.

Taking bupe orally is pointless. The BA% is like non-existent, hence why you take it sublingually. I have never heard of anyone taking it orally and getting results, nor have I heard of people getting w/d from oral doses...

I take subs for maintenance and have never gotten sick nor have the many people I know who have taken them. To an opiate naive person, a recreational dose of 1mg suboxone is going to be a decent, and could indeed get someone sick.

I've taken it orally and gotten great results....

I've taken it IN and gotten great results...

I know quite a few people who shoot suboxone and get a partial nod going... since it's only a partial agonist

doctors lie so you don't abuse it
The naloxone is pointless, albeit it deters abuse to an extent but why :?