• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Someone stole my meds! what do I do?

say you report them stolen from your car parked in a downtown area. they investigate what? you have your police report for your doctor (try explaining that the cop threatened to charge you with something; I'd bet your doctor would understand) and the detectives do what, exactly?

Sorry to hear that, know your pain. I also learned the hard way. Except the "friend" was living at my house. I let her stay when she was living in her car cuz I felt bad. One day I had an emergency situation and had to take my SO to the ER. I forgot to hide my pills before I left, just got them filled and she took half the month's script. Of course she denied it and I had to buy shit off the street. I told her a million times I have chronic pain and need these pills to function but somehow she always forgets and thinks I just get stuff to get high like she does. Later when she needed any kind of help I'd say I'm in too much pain cuz I'm out of meds early. She did feel bad eventually and found me some pills on the street that she paid for herself.

I tried to forgive her once she returned most of the pills later, but now know to keep my pills at arm's reach if there are people present that might take them. There are only a few people I trust around my meds, SO, mom and a few non using friends. I don't take chances with anyone else.

Hopefully you learned your lesson. Next time take the meds into the shower with you in a waterproof bag and keep them on you in a purse at all times. Never leave them unattended.

So basically they judged me the cop said I shouldn't be on it and he suggested that I was a drug dealer

That is illegal. Call your pain dr explain what happened and what happened with the cops.. and the sooner the better, and the cops superior. Take it as high up as you have to.

but now know to keep my pills at arm's reach if there are people present that might take them. There are only a few people I trust around my meds, SO, mom and a few non using friends. I don't take chances with anyone else.

Hopefully you learned your lesson. Next time take the meds into the shower with you in a waterproof bag and keep them on you in a purse at all times. Never leave them unattended.

I keep mine on me at all times. Or in my gun safe. Everybody who is a chronic pain patient should read and re read this post. You literally cannot trust anybody. It's fucked up, but it is true.

Yeah it sucks that people can really turn on you when it comes to drugs. I'd just take a deep breath, go to the police dept and tell them your meds got stolen from your car. Don't drag anyone Into it, it won't help, and all you need is to show your doc you really did get ripped off and hopefully he will rescript.

But like someone else said, police and docs are probably suspicious of ANYONE who claims to have had drugs lost or stolen, and you really cant blame them, so even though they will probably give you the benefit of the doubt once, make sure there isn't a next time.

So I called my doctors office and they said it was extremely un-likely that i would be able to get new ones..they said they would have a nurse call me. I am so screwed I literally want to kill myself. Iwould have to wait untill the 6th of next month which is over 20 days from now..

someone stole my meds

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=503679&page=2

Violenza would be of excellent use here.

But really, this sucks to unbelief.

get your shit back -whya re you hanging with people like that-fucking get your shit back the fuck bags.

those cops are the same as the street garbage.

same coin idea.

Really hope you can get some justice on this one.

So I called my doctors office and they said it was extremely un-likely that i would be able to get new ones..they said they would have a nurse call me. I am so screwed I literally want to kill myself. Iwould have to wait untill the 6th of next month which is over 20 days from now..

Did you call the cops superiors, or even a different cop?

Or you could drag one of the fuckers out of the house.. rape him in the ass dipped in a baseball bat dipped in extra crunchy peanut butter and glass shards in front of all of them.. watch them sit there like "zomgggg" jaws open.. go inside get your shit.. and leave..

Sorry to hear all that...hopefully you doc will replace at least some of the meds. I'm not surprised at the cops reaction with chronic pain patients being treated often like criminals.

Just whatever you do, I'd suggest not getting yourself into any legal trouble. Going to jail in w/d will not solve your problems. And if cops have treated you the way they did, I doubt they will be very sympathetic when the thieves call the cops on you for using violence. At least now you have some way of getting stuff that will help with w/d and in jail you will be screwed not to mention with a criminal record. Just my 2 cents.

If the nurse says no to fent, ask for help in getting through until you get your meds again.

o.k. so I am thinking that I could go to a police station in my area, she lives like one town over from me and i could say i went into the grocery store and accidentally left them in my car thinking they were in my bag. the only problem is the one cop told me it is illegal of me to leave them in a parked car unlocked so if I was to say my car was locked which it was then i would need to like break my car window in order to show forced entry. Also I am worried that if the two police stations talk then I would really be in trouble for claiming one story and claiming and filing another one at a differing police station.
Should I break my car window...this all really sucks, the same day that this all went down I also lost my job of four years because I have been too sick lately. my ex boy friend has a car with a bent up window that doesn't roll up or down, you need to like help in up or down so it could be broken into. his car was also broken into a few says a go so i could claim that it happened in his car... idk..fuck.. i am already really sick. they were stolen Friday and i have been living off little bits of medication that i can find on the streets.

I feel like f...g them up for you!

If someone stole my opiates, they deserve whatever happens to them after that.

Call the police on them now. Don't tell them that you're calling. Let em get busted for stealing, as well for a bunch of possession. Let em rot in jail.

Stealing opiates is lowest of the low. They must realize the withdrawal you're sure to face now because of it, all so that they can get a little nod going.

I'm on a serious pain med and would be so screwed if someone stole mine! I can imagine what you're going through right now. Hopefully, if you've been with the same doctor for a decent amount of time and never bitched about dosage, ect. he might replace what you lost with a police report. But remember, anyone can go in and have a police report filed, so I hope you're in good with your doctor and that he trusts you. I honestly wish you the best of luck with this scumbag situation. Those thieves should be hung up by their gentials! :) Too bad we all couldn't take up a "collection"=D for you! What a world.

I feel bad for you, I really do, but anyone who has drugs of any value to another person, should keep them under lock and key. Common knowledge. I don't care how weak the meds are or how good of friends you live with, keep that shit on lock down.

I know a chick who carries 3 pill bottles in her bra at all times when she is at home, just because the people around her wouldn't hesitate to take them when she was off guard. Sounds absurd, but you have to do what you have to do, especially when you actually need the meds to function daily.

i get 15 patches a month and i smoke 5 and wear ten. of the ones that i smoke i keep them because I know that the part which is sticky normally holds some fentanyl. I have been wearing the empty gel patches (hoping the little bit in the sticky part will) help and I have been extracting with 90 % isopropanol and smoking the extracted residue.

yah I mean I learned my lesson, normally I am more on guard but I was stressed because i was homeless and had just lost my job so I was off guard. I guess its good that i got fired since I can't even move.

o.k. so I am thinking that I could go to a police station in my area, she lives like one town over from me and i could say i went into the grocery store and accidentally left them in my car thinking they were in my bag. the only problem is the one cop told me it is illegal of me to leave them in a parked car unlocked so if I was to say my car was locked which it was then i would need to like break my car window in order to show forced entry. Also I am worried that if the two police stations talk then I would really be in trouble for claiming one story and claiming and filing another one at a differing police station.
Should I break my car window...this all really sucks, the same day that this all went down I also lost my job of four years because I have been too sick lately. my ex boy friend ha s a car with a bent up window that doesn't roll up or down, you need to like help in up or down so it could be broken into. his car was also broken into a few says a go so i could claim that it happened in his car... idk..fuck.. i am already really sick. they were stolen Friday and i have been living off little bits of medication that i can find on the streets.

I would not do that as you already called the cops.. and the surrounding counties can talk about cases... it would make you look like the liar they think you are. Yes you could really get yourself into trouble.. I would go down to your dr's office in tears.. I mean throw on the water works and say you never thought your "friend" would do this to you.. ect ect

I am so screwed who is he to judge he's like its people like you leaving your shit around getting others killed he said that if I file something it would be strongly investigated and I have sold pills to her so she could show her phone and then they could say I am a drug dealer and then I could lose my scripts forev3r and go to jail

Call the station back, demand to speak to his superior. If that fails, go to a different police station. Completely fucking outrageous. I'd probably sue his whole fucking department.

Someone stole medication that you need. Just because one asshole prejudice cop labeled you a dealer doesn't mean you shouldn't keep trying to get justice. Get his name and tell your doctor about it as well.

Also, illegal of you to leave medication in an unparked car? I've never heard of that.

Also wasn't your car locked? You said your friends took your car keys while you were in the shower, or something.

hello people, READ.

she's worried because she has indeed sold to these dirtbags before, and doesn't want the police to find out about it through an investigation. this is a fucked scenario.

you helped these fuckers out by selling them some medication you legitimately need. i'm sure they are aware of that fact, as well.

if you are seeing a legit doc, which by the sound of it- you are, then he knows the situation you are facing. if your doctor has no reason not to trust you, i don't know why writing you another script- even if only a partial!- should be such an issue. i would go down there and explain to him what happened with the police when you attempted a report. as long as he's never seen you completely blitzed, he should know you aren't just some junkie looking to score extra drugs. remind him that you truly are in chronic PAIN. depending on the relationship you have with your doctor, explain to him that on top of your pain, you now have a physical dependency to your medication. not only will your pain come back in full force, but you will be facing a physical withdrawal on top of it. tell him your hurting, sick and scared and have even considered illegal activity just so you can function. explain that you truly don't want to do anything of this nature, but feel like you have been left without a choice. and remember to sob sob sob!

*THIS OBVIOUSLY ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR DOCTOR- if he isn't going to understand, by no means do i recommend that last part. i'm just saying i would be able to go to my doc with this information, but again that's just me*

in the mean time, i would go talk to another officer/station but keep your story the same. changing it could fuck you over even more. also, how long ago was it when you sold those assholes anything? was it long enough ago that any texts would be out of their phone(s)? just because you have incoming/outgoing calls with these people doesn't mean anything. obviously if you were living/staying with them, you have some sort of relationship aside from drug related activity. even if they say you have sold to them, if your patches show up in their house after you filed a report, the police are going to believe you more than them. also, if you are going to pursue a report and possible investigation, i would NOT warn the people who stole from you. it will give them a chance to get rid of anything they still have and this could again look bad if the police do in fact search their home and end up with no evidence. plus, they deserve it anyway!

i'm just so shocked and angry about this post in general. the fact that people do this to others is just so fucked. i can't stand it. i know how it feels to be addicted- physically and mentally- to opiates. i also know what being so sick i want nothing more than to just die feels like. and even in the throws of m worst withdrawal would i EVER do this to another person, ESPECIALLY someone i know and consider a friend.

i really hope you get this all sorted out!