• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Someone stole my meds! what do I do?

^I agree with you, it makes me fucking sick.

I think people that hang out with people who get large scripts due to chronic pain think they are just looking for a high.. I know at first I heard alot of bullshit from my husband until he realized and saw my MRI.. wow my wife is suffering.. as if me never sleeping and still being awake at 5 am when his alarm went off wasnt a sign. But people think its free drugs. It's not. Some people are in pain, need these medications and don't get high on them.

I really hope it works out for you OP. I hope you have a good relationship with your dr. My only other advice is if you cant get anything from your pain mgt dr and you do wind up in WD id to go to the ER and explain your situation. Tell them you want minimal medication to get you through til your next appt.. or even an urgent care facility. I don't know what kind of contract you signed with your dr and this would negate that. But right now you have to look out for yourself. I WISH I could help you out right now because my heart goes out to you. I have a friend who is on Fent and doesn't use it all the time.. ugh. Fucking people piss me off. Anyways Good luck and please keep us posted.

Do not try to file a secondary police report unless its with the same county you filed. You could go into the police dept you called and talk to the officer in charge about your situation. Just make sure you are not blitzed and look nice. Hopefully they will take you seriously, and explain how serious this situation is. You could even have the police call your pain mgt dr since they are already aware.

the police thing is botched. you gotta talk to your doctor and somehow explain why you did not file a report. in person would be best. just explain the truth (haha), leaving out that you have ever shared any of your script with anyone else, abused it, or used street drugs--unless he already knows. also, when you talk to your doctor, you should act like a normal person, not flip out and cry.

Some people are in pain, need these medications and don't get high on them.
^OP sets a third of hers aside to smoke and cannot file a police report because the people she said have her medication have evidence suggesting she sold drugs.

Do not try to file a secondary police report unless its with the same county you filed. You could go into the police dept you called and talk to the officer in charge about your situation. Just make sure you are not blitzed and look nice. Hopefully they will take you seriously, and explain how serious this situation is. You could even have the police call your pain mgt dr since they are already aware.

i forgot to take into consideration that not every county have a kazillion police/sheriff departments like we do around here. but yes, keep it in the same county. i also forgot to reiterate taking it to a higher authority at the same station.

demand to be taken seriously, this is a serious situation! just because these kinds of medications have a spotlight on them in the media for their abuse, doesn't mean it has anything to do with you. it is unethical and just plain wrong for them to stick a 'junkie' label on you because this unfortunate event happened. you're a victim for christ sake and they need to do their job and help you, not judge you.

the police and your doctor have a responsibility to you, keep that in mind.

the police thing is botched. you gotta talk to your doctor and somehow explain why you did not file a report. in person would be best. just explain the truth (haha), leaving out that you have ever shared any of your script with anyone else, abused it, or used street drugs--unless he already knows. also, when you talk to your doctor, you should act like a normal person, not flip out and cry.

^OP sets a third of hers aside to smoke and cannot file a police report because the people she said have her medication have evidence suggesting she sold drugs.

What evidence? Phone records? They were once friends. Just because they called and so on doesn't mean there's evidence of any kind unless they have text messages. In which case if they wanted to be real motherfuckers they would show them to your dr.

O.k. so my doctor said EVEN with a police report I can NOT have a replacement script I have an appt. with him on Wednesday for an infected cut of my belly button. I also get a script for opana i.r. 60 pills taking up four per day which was also taken.I am hoping that he will let me fill it once it was supposed to have run out ( 60 pills times 4 times a day is 120) even tho normally he fills it once a month, thank you everyone for your support I really appreciate it. Some times I get in so much pain that I hallucinate and I am really really really scared. edit just since typing this it has come on very strong and I have not even hit withdrawal yet... I think I will just go to him and cry because I cry a lot and he has seen me crying in pain before. The fucking police man was like looking at me and said something like "ummmm what is a very young (i am 22) otherwise healthy looking person like you need this kind of a med for? you do know that it someone who wasn't opiate tolerant was to put this on it would instantly kill the pain (it would not INSTANTLY kill them and the people that stole them are very tolerant! When they do drugs they get extremely fucked up, I do not, just enough to take the pain away.)) To hellocatastrophe thank you for trying really hard to answer all of my questions and concerns it means a lot to me. I am going to at this point beg him to at least fill the opana ir early all tho it is such a low dose if i was to use only those they would only last me a few days and i am going to ask for some clonidine and other withdrawal meds if he is really going to force me to withdrawal I am so so sosososososo! fucking scared. as far as selling them stuff I know someone that sells there opana and I had been best freinds with his girl since like high school! I really never thought they would sink this low. and its like my doctor wants me to go with an illgeal route the nurse was just like sorry there is nothing we can do have a great day, i was crying my eyes out on the phone!!!

I am really hoping I can make it without them for a bit I am in enough pain with them and and now with nothing omg i really just want to die. I have peripheral nerve damage, due to a stoke and a series of seizures that left me with pain that feels as if your skin is on fire and every inch. when it comes on strong i seem to get a bad fever too it is currently 102

ohh and I like just sold them opana that i bought from someone else and did the whole thing via text message and i don't think that commonly

Last edited:
O.k. so my doctor said EVEN with a police report I can NOT have a replacement script I have an appt. with him on Wednesday for an infected cut of my belly button. I also get a script for opana i.r. 60 pills taking up four per day.I am hoping that at what life~

So your dr is gonna give you Opana on weds? If so that's a good thing right? Is your dr a regular dr or a pain dr? My dr said they don't replace scripts either.. which is why I keep mine on me almost at all times. People think it's freakish but I am not even gonna deal with the bullshit.

Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

If it helps at all, you could get the script filled 27 days apart, you don't have to wait the 30.... It may be even less than that. What I do is look at the calender, point to the day I got it filled as day 1, then continue counting moving your finger along the calender. When you hit 27, thats the day it can be filled. It is sooner than you think sometimes.

ex: I got my script filled April 26, and I can next fill it May 22nd no problem. Most doc's don't mind writing a script a week early, because they know (especially in NY) that it can't be filled early due to the computer systems having all your info on the what/when/where all the scripts you have gotten. So you should ask him for the script for the fent when you see him on weds to save you from having to see him again.

My dr does not restrict my fill date so if I see her in 3 weeks I can get the script filled in 3 weeks. It has to do with the date it's written for. Basically the pharmacy can't tell you no if the date says "today".

OP. Go to the police dept you called and speak to their supervisor. Discrimination is illegal. You are the victim here.

Maybe they will stick too many patches on and die.

I hope that they do. and I know that I don't have to wait, they will give me mine 6 days early... and no I wont get it on Wednesday but I see him on Wednesday. since he give me enough pills to work for 1/2 of the month and I got it filled on the 12th of this month i get get it on the 27th or a few days sooner. =[ and since i just got fired i lost my insurance and that one for 60 pills will cost me 196 bucks..

I've no advice for you Poppy, but I just want to say that I'm so sorry yer having to go through this hun :(
Fucking bastard person who stole them, fucking bastard cops, fucking bastard doctor... and general fucking bollocks! to the whole situation :!

I really hope you can work something out and get by until your next script.

(((((((((((((((( Poppy )))))))))))))))) <--- A hug

Take care :)

Also, illegal of you to leave medication in an unparked car? I've never heard of that.

Also wasn't your car locked? You said your friends took your car keys while you were in the shower, or something.

I am not 100 % on what happened but i am like 90% certain that it was the senerio of my friends stealing my meds since there is no evidence of forced entry on my car.I am always so bad with my meds every month this month I was actually being good and they had to mess it up for me.. :X:p:|

A friend of mine set his bag down on the ground next to his vehicle (he has a cane and can't carry much at a time). This bag had all his meds in it. Needless to say the bag was taken/stolen. He filed a police report and his doctor wrote him a new script (to account for the pills that would have remained THAT day until his next appt). File a report, do or do not say that your 'friends' did it. It only matters if you want them in trouble. If your doctor is understanding he/she will help you out.

yah I saw my doctor and he will not allow to speak of it and is pretending as if it didn't happen and he gave me a medication contract to fill out (i have been seeing this doctor for many yewars always getting opiates and he never made me sign one) so i guess i am going to suffer threw withdrawal and keep my mouth shut lol from now on and never ever leave my room (ppl i live with will steal them) and (if i leave the house they obsvly get stolen)

yah I saw my doctor and he will not allow to speak of it and is pretending as if it didn't happen and he gave me a medication contract to fill out (i have been seeing this doctor for many yewars always getting opiates and he never made me sign one) so i guess i am going to suffer threw withdrawal and keep my mouth shut lol from now on and never ever leave my room (ppl i live with will steal them) and (if i leave the house they obsvly get stolen)

Or you can just carry them on you. Also, they sell like fire/waterproof lock boxes at walmart for like 20$. Pick one of those up and lock your meds inside of that. If you still don't feel comfortable leaving them at home, carry the lock box in the trunk of your car?

Unfortunatly you may have to do what I do.... Sleep in you jeans with your pill bottles n patches in your pocket....

Or you can just carry them on you. Also, they sell like fire/waterproof lock boxes at walmart for like 20$. Pick one of those up and lock your meds inside of that. If you still don't feel comfortable leaving them at home, carry the lock box in the trunk of your car?

You can get into those boxes if you want too...

OP that sucks.. your dr probably has his eye on you now... be on your best behavior. I know this sucks.

Good luck.

You said he's going to give you a script for a nice big bottle of Opana, so you're problem has been solved in a very good way, right?

Sounds like it all worked out and maybe you over reacted a little bit about being totally screwed and not having any meds to get you through the month. Have a little faith in your doctor, they're not all perfect but in most cases they are not going to just leave you hanging when you need help.