Bluelight

Thread: Someone stole my meds! what do I do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Someone stole my meds! what do I do? 
    Unhappy
    I don't know what to do, long story short someone stole my fentanyl patches! =[ I got kicked out of my house and I had to stay at a friends. since they are junkies I knew that they would steal them if I left them in the house. So I left them in the car. I went to take a shower and I guess they took my keys while I was showering, opened my car and took them. I didn't think they would go that far! =[ I don't know what to do now. they are denying it obsvuly and they bitched me out and said that we aren't friends anymore yatta yatta just for me asking if I could come over to look for them. I didn't even flat out say that they took them.

2. Collapse Details

Sounds like those motherfuckers took them.

If I were you, I'd call the cops. You need them, they took them. At least if you have a report it will be easier to get the script again.

3. Collapse Details

^yup.

but you are gonna have to find somewhere else to stay for when you get kicked out.

4. Collapse Details

^

NSFW:

5. Collapse Details

haha, all the seasons are on netflix instant now. actually what I had in my head. i messed it up in the edit though.

6. Collapse Details

It would be pretty shitty if someone called the cops on them when they had drugs in the house that they forgot they hidden...
    and they all got arrested for being asshole thieves
    shit happens , yah know

7. Collapse Details

^ I would find that kinda funny.

Shouldn't steal people's meds, it's bad ju ju ya know.

8. Collapse Details

You need to file a police report. You don't necessarily need to dime your friends to the cops, but you need to have documentation that your medication was stolen for when you go ask your doctor for more.

Most doctors understand that unfortunate things happen. They usually don't understand twice tho, so learn to keep your shit safe.

9. Collapse Details

I agree call the cops if you have to but dont snitch on them, that wont get them back just say some one walking by must have did it

10. Collapse Details

To make it straight with your pain management dr, you have to make a police report. I hate to tell someone to "rat".. but you don't have much of a choice here. I am really sorry.. I caught somebody mid act trying to steal my pills.. I was lucky to catch them. I beat the bitch so bad she most likely needs pain meds now anyways... so she got what she wanted..

Also contact your dr and let them know what happened. This stuff happens all the time. So if you do make a police report your dr will replace your medication. Good luck keep us posted!!!

Nothing pisses me off more then a piece of shit that would steal from a chronic pain patient.

11. Collapse Details

i sure hope he does, I am nervous that he won't but I was planing on making a report.

12. Collapse Details

^The sooner you make the report the better. Good luck!

13. Collapse Details

State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    a vegan with patches? a friend.

14. Collapse Details

whats worse is that he used to be her doctor too but cut her off of her meds.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trudatman View Post
    a vegan with patches? a friend.
    lol

16. Collapse Details

If someone stole my opiates, they deserve whatever happens to them after that.

Call the police on them now. Don't tell them that you're calling. Let em get busted for stealing, as well for a bunch of possession. Let em rot in jail.

Stealing opiates is lowest of the low. They must realize the withdrawal you're sure to face now because of it, all so that they can get a little nod going.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaV View Post
    If someone stole my opiates, they deserve whatever happens to them after that.

Call the police on them now. Don't tell them that you're calling. Let em get busted for stealing, as well for a bunch of possession. Let em rot in jail.

Stealing opiates is lowest of the low. They must realize the withdrawal you're sure to face now because of it, all so that they can get a little nod going.
    I caught a "friend" trying to steal mine and I beat her black and blue and kicked her down a few flights of stairs.. The bitch had it coming anyways. I won't put up with that shit from anybody. I don't care if it's my medication or clothing... someone stealing my shit is someone stealing my shit and they deserve to get beat accordingly.

18. Collapse Details

So basically they judged me the cop said I shouldn't be on it and he suggested that I was a drug dealer

19. Collapse Details

Ya sounds like a typical asshole cop

20. Collapse Details

I am so screwed who is he to judge he's like its people like you leaving your shit around getting others killed he said that if I file something it would be strongly investigated and I have sold pills to her so she could show her phone and then they could say I am a drug dealer and then I could lose my scripts forev3r and go to jail

21. Collapse Details

State Of Love And Trust, United State Of Amorica.
    say you report them stolen from your car parked in a downtown area. they investigate what? you have your police report for your doctor (try explaining that the cop threatened to charge you with something; I'd bet your doctor would understand) and the detectives do what, exactly?

22. Collapse Details

You shouldn't have named names, just some random person could have done it

23. Collapse Details

Sorry to hear that, know your pain. I also learned the hard way. Except the "friend" was living at my house. I let her stay when she was living in her car cuz I felt bad. One day I had an emergency situation and had to take my SO to the ER. I forgot to hide my pills before I left, just got them filled and she took half the month's script. Of course she denied it and I had to buy shit off the street. I told her a million times I have chronic pain and need these pills to function but somehow she always forgets and thinks I just get stuff to get high like she does. Later when she needed any kind of help I'd say I'm in too much pain cuz I'm out of meds early. She did feel bad eventually and found me some pills on the street that she paid for herself.

I tried to forgive her once she returned most of the pills later, but now know to keep my pills at arm's reach if there are people present that might take them. There are only a few people I trust around my meds, SO, mom and a few non using friends. I don't take chances with anyone else.

Hopefully you learned your lesson. Next time take the meds into the shower with you in a waterproof bag and keep them on you in a purse at all times. Never leave them unattended.

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poppywonderland View Post
    So basically they judged me the cop said I shouldn't be on it and he suggested that I was a drug dealer
    That is illegal. Call your pain dr explain what happened and what happened with the cops.. and the sooner the better, and the cops superior. Take it as high up as you have to.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Z Y G G Y View Post
    but now know to keep my pills at arm's reach if there are people present that might take them. There are only a few people I trust around my meds, SO, mom and a few non using friends. I don't take chances with anyone else.

Hopefully you learned your lesson. Next time take the meds into the shower with you in a waterproof bag and keep them on you in a purse at all times. Never leave them unattended.
    I keep mine on me at all times. Or in my gun safe. Everybody who is a chronic pain patient should read and re read this post. You literally cannot trust anybody. It's fucked up, but it is true.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast