• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Alcoholism Thread v. A sober life is a good life <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm alcohol dependant. Like that really interestes anyone. Ethanol gives joy. Not euphoria or manic fuul-around sexmania. Alcohol fits to some and doesn't to some. Especially amps freaks. Depression and hangovers are propaganda of those who can't themselves drink and have fun with it. I'm not saying anything about GHB/GBL/BDO.

Those who really feel that alcohol sober life is the best way to go,i suggest to development space technology and get into space with women. That is not schauvinism, but a cruel joke about nature of homo sapiens. Who gets the idea where it leads? Druggies with their ego newer quess what's it about. I use drugs occasionally and prescription meds, even my honest opinion is that ethanol is the answer to "drug problem of humanity". Try laugh.

percs and alcohol. makes for a perfect day really. and a perfect liver. i took 11 percs not sure on the type. i think the lvier can rejuvenate right? drinkin on the percd wont make it much worse i think

From the last time I posted I ended up going to hell and back for 2 days. I hallucinated my ass off. Had the worst panic attacks of my life and cried in my moms arms. It got so bad I went to the hospital the second night and got some valium. Anyone who is going off alcohol do yourself a favour and go to the hospitol or walk in clinic.

The first night I got no sleep, kids were playing in my room (mostly auditory). My dead cat used to jump onto our bed and walk around our head on top of the pillow to wake us up. She made a return. Also when I finally went to sleep I had the worst most evil dreams.

I am 5 days sober and feel great. I called my friends and told some of them I cant be around them if they drink anymore. I plan to stay sober this time. It is going to be a long battle but I prey I make it. Wish me luck

From the last time I posted I ended up going to hell and back for 2 days. I hallucinated my ass off. Had the worst panic attacks of my life and cried in my moms arms. It got so bad I went to the hospital the second night and got some valium. Anyone who is going off alcohol do yourself a favour and go to the hospitol or walk in clinic.

The first night I got no sleep, kids were playing in my room (mostly auditory). My dead cat used to jump onto our bed and walk around our head on top of the pillow to wake us up. She made a return. Also when I finally went to sleep I had the worst most evil dreams.

I am 5 days sober and feel great. I called my friends and told some of them I cant be around them if they drink anymore. I plan to stay sober this time. It is going to be a long battle but I prey I make it. Wish me luck

Hey good luck. I wasn't in quite as bad as you but I made it through. I'm almost (have to count here, gets out a calendar), I don't even know anymore, over two months and I feel excellent. Really excellent. It's like life is always standing there, a benevolent being, and every time you get drunk you whack her down with a baseball bat. Now this is not only very bad manners, but it also does you no service. Life really starts to shine when you stop knocking her down all of the time.

The major problem in alcoholism is CNS damage and loosening of motorics, and you "loose" legs, or better said, legs start to disconnect their deal withother body. Then if serious enough cramping and heart failures.

Liver can take a lot before brains and leg nerves get spoiled. Unless you spoil your liver with health products like vitamin a buildup. It's one of the worsest things to do to overuse and get a build up of fat soluble vitamins. A is worst, then E and finally D(not so sure about E and D but they do build up into fat anyway.)

Omega 3&6 fish oil is very popular cell strenghtener nowadays, they add it even to margarine. And fish oil has a lot of vitamin A. I had couple years ago a health product mania and got eyes yellow from overtaking fish oil and multivitamins when boozing month after month.

Some say you can't compare benzo addiction to alcoholism but to opiate addiction. IMHO you can, you mess around and fool even worse than in drunk and then the hangovers and shame comes with comedown.

Paracetamol containing meds with alcohol are too a play of getting fat liver or cirrhosis.

One of my friends takes baclofen for cocaine cravings.

I have a script for Campral that's supposed to help with alcohol cravings. The think is you're supposed to abstain from alcohol a few days before starting the med and so far I have failed.

Again, today I say to myself that I won't drink- maybe today I won't since I "told"

Has anyone tried Campral?

Today is my third day without a drink. I haven't taken the Campral- I feel like I'm better off doing it naturally.
I just picked a date- gave myself a few days to get used to the idea, told my mother and a friend , and just didn't drink on Thursday- or since.

My friend asked why and I said it's a dumb habit that is making me fat and old, and costing money. He pointed out that it's also a depressant- and he is so right about that.

My mom came by yesterday to make sure I wasn't seeing things- Thank the gods I wasn't.

I got so drunk last weekend i let my taxi driver pick me up (or i picked him up? who knows!) and i brought him into my house. I don't remember ANY of this and wouldn't even had known it happened if my housemates didn't hear and then he called me the next day. Lucky nothing happened, my housemates said even in my wasted state it sounded like i was still adamant he leave because i was sleeping.

Anything could have happened though and i wouldn't have known! I need to be more careful, i have had too many nights lately where i black out for hours on end. Who knows what i've done and can't remember? It's really scary, most people just fall asleep when their that wasted. Not me, i can drink myself unconscious and then STILL be walking around drinking.

So that little story has inspired a sober June! Wish me luck! I'm going to need it...

Let me know if anyone would like to join me :)

Wow Northside that is awesome!! Keep up the good work! <3

trancegirle, that is really scary to hear hun. I am SO glad nothing bad happened 8o
I wish you the best of luck for a sober June!! You CAN do it hun! <3

I think alcohol has to be one of the most taxing substances on your body that exists. I used to love to drink and drank daily and nightly for years, I play music professionally and it's too easy to slide into that kind of a life when people are shoving alcohol in your face constantly. After years of this I couldn't take the hangovers, and the horrible anxiety that would come when I'd wake up in the morning.

Ultimately I just switched over to benzos and as evil as they are I feel so much better on a daily basis than when I was drinking constantly. I do think I had some of the best times of my life so far during my alcoholic years, the way it took away my inhibitions actually helped me grow in some ways. I try and have more than one drink these days and I can't even do it, I don't enjoy it at all anymore, I almost wish I did because it's so available and socially acceptable but I just can't enjoy it anymore.

I know switching addictions is never any kind of answer but at a certain point I think your body would appreciate it if you could switch to weed or benzos or something if you can't moderate it or quit.

I still love bars and can enjoy about one drink and that's about it. Good luck to all of you struggling with alcohol addiction, I'm still working on my addiction issues but I sometimes can't believe that alcohol of all drugs is legal. That shit is like poison, a poison I used to love but poison nonetheless.

I think alcohol has to be one of the most taxing substances on your body that exists. I used to love to drink and drank daily and nightly for years, I play music professionally and it's too easy to slide into that kind of a life when people are shoving alcohol in your face constantly. After years of this I couldn't take the hangovers, and the horrible anxiety that would come when I'd wake up in the morning.

Well said! I agree whoreheartedly. The anxiety that develops over time is IMO much worse than the hangovers, and in this sense it's also so taxing on the psyche.

In any case, I am glad for you that you are able to drink socially now and with good retraint. A place where a lot of drinkers cannot really seem to end up, but it's good that it has been able to work for you!

I got so drunk last weekend i let my taxi driver pick me up (or i picked him up? who knows!) and i brought him into my house. I don't remember ANY of this and wouldn't even had known it happened if my housemates didn't hear and then he called me the next day. Lucky nothing happened, my housemates said even in my wasted state it sounded like i was still adamant he leave because i was sleeping.

Anything could have happened though and i wouldn't have known! I need to be more careful, i have had too many nights lately where i black out for hours on end. Who knows what i've done and can't remember? It's really scary, most people just fall asleep when their that wasted. Not me, i can drink myself unconscious and then STILL be walking around drinking.

So that little story has inspired a sober June! Wish me luck! I'm going to need it...

Let me know if anyone would like to join me :)

This is really scary, tg :( I mean...I am glad you've been able to turn it into a wake-up call. Just be careful if you are jumping full-force into a cold-turkey June. Are you doing anything to assit you with stopping or are you just going to do it?

I would join you, and I will at least partially, but I see a few moments in the coming month where I'll probably end up having drinks. But at least during the week I'll try and keep it out of my life with you. I do hope you're okay emotionally from the whole incident with the taxi driver and keep us updated on how sober June goes :)

I was a very heavy drinker all of my life. I always drank to get drunk, never to just have one or 2 to loosen up and socialize. I could tell you countless stories of troubles and sickness I got myself into, some funny and some pretty pathetic. Towards the end it nearly destroyed my life. I drank EVERY day without exception.

I believe that my tolerance to alcohol is inherited in my genes because alcoholism literally killed my father from cirrhosis of the liver and pancreatic cancer. And I was blind to seeing that I was following exactly in his footsteps.

After one particularly bad 2 week binge of nonstop drinking and passing out, I woke up on the bathroom floor to see myself in the mirror covered from head to toe in bruises from trying to get up and continually falling back down. I experience what many alcoholics call a moment of clarity, and I knew it was time to do whatever it would take to stop my self destructive behavior or else just give up and drink myself to death. I suffered DT's... more like convulsions.... all alone on my sofa for about 3 days and my sense of balance was off for months.

My craving for alcohol continued and I knew I wouldn't last much longer on my own. So I began attending AA because I was too ashamed to seek out help from a medical doctor or friends. Although I'm NOT religious, slowly I began to understand the spiritual aspects of the program, why the fellowship is so important to help you with the willpower if you can't do it on your own, and the importance of listening to the stories of others to identify your experiences with those of others.

At first it was pure hell, but the other people at AA helped me to avoid drinking and that's something I could never have done on my own. Then over time, I began to build confidence and faith, and my cravings gradually subsided. I also learned to start helping others and that starts to make your own problems seem much less dreadful. Your attitude begins to change from "poor me" to "what can I do today to help others and make the world a better place".

The AA book may be a little outdated, but if you can read between the lines, it's filled with many words of wisdom that do work. Just don't take the "god" part so literally and it makes alot of sense.

I don't attend many AA meetings any longer, but I continue doing service work and give of my time to help other alcoholics in need. I'm over 6 years sober now and I feel stronger and healthier that I did 20 years ago.

For anybody struggling out there, there is help available. Go to a doctor, check into a rehab, or try attending AA meetings. And don't let the talk of god put you off. There are lots of people who take religious writings literally. Don't pay them much mind. Most scholars will tell you that religious stores are used to illustrate important lessons. Use your mind and learn the lessons. The more I read this addendum in the AA book, the more it started to make sense to me after I stopped drinking for a while. It explains that power to stop drinking is IN YOU, but you first need to get sober so your can understand what's being taught and you can develop faith that you can actually do it. Years and years of failed attempts to stop drinking will take lots of positive reinforcement before you actually have the willpower to manage your alcoholism.

I wish you all luck with your drinking problems. I had lots of fun with alcohol in my early days, but once it starts causing you major life problems, it's time to put it behind you. Life can still b enjoyable without alcohol. There is help out there and you can get through this. It worked for me and I hope my story offers you some encouragement.

Okay after the party i had saturday night i realize why i gave up drinking. It makes me feel like shit for days after! I am still fucked in the head from the hangover and i sure as hell can't get up and go out drinking again like i used to be able to in my teens and early 20's.

Also i hit on this chick i used to go to high school with. Too bad i forgot or didnt care that shes engadged :|

<<< Smacks forehead loudly.

On the otherhand i don't know if i have more self restraint or it was the weed chilling me out but i resisted on beating the shit out of this drunken prick who decided for some reason to try and pick a fight with me. If this had been years ago he would have gotten a good beating for saying alot less.

I have been sober of alcohol 8 days going on 9 in 3 hours :). I feel great. The only problem is I am having trouble sleeping at night. I am more active than I have been in a while, though that doesn't say much. My biggest problem is the night and day switch. I used to live for the night. Now I am awake during the day and when I am not working I am left to my own devices trying to find activities to do. I went hiking which I would have never done in a million years if I drank.

Anyway I hope it gets easier with the constant thoughts and noticing of surrounding cause temptations are everywhere.

I know what you mean. I used to say that I was able to drink so much because I had an iron soul, you just couldn't knock it down. But really, most people do just pass out after one too many drinks, then there is the 3% of us who seem to lack that mechanism in our bodies.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your circumstance. If it does you any consolation I can name a hangover after you. So far I have these,

The Berliner - just a generally unbearably bad hangover (long story)
The Mel Gibson - a bad hangover accompanied by psychological trauma from acting stupid while drunk
The Taxi Driver - a hangover in which you black out and even let a taxi driver into your apartment

Best Wishes, Batman.

After one particularly bad 2 week binge of nonstop drinking and passing out, I woke up on the bathroom floor.

Me and a friend have coined a phrase about 'waking up on the bathroom floor', because really there is only one and only one situation that results in that.

Basically all you need to say is, 'I woke up on the bathroom floor', and anyone should know exactly what happened.

So I just got out of prison 2 weeks ago for possession of a schedule 4 drug (Valium) and it took me all of 8 hours too get back too drinking like I did in the past. After last night I have too seriously consider some things, I mean last night was a BADDDDDD night for me because of drinking. Right now I'm so hungover I can't even think and I'm shaking again from this 2 week bender. I'm terrified too get back inside the bottle because it about killed me last time I did. I'm not sure what I'm really even trying too say now that I think about it.....

/post

So I just got out of prison 2 weeks ago for possession of a schedule 4 drug (Valium) and it took me all of 8 hours too get back too drinking like I did in the past. After last night I have too seriously consider some things, I mean last night was a BADDDDDD night for me because of drinking. Right now I'm so hungover I can't even think and I'm shaking again from this 2 week bender. I'm terrified too get back inside the bottle because it about killed me last time I did. I'm not sure what I'm really even trying too say now that I think about it.....

/post

They put you in prison for Valium? That is sad. Sometimes the earth is sad. Sorry to hear about your drinking problems. I don't know how to tell people not to drink other than 'do not drink'. Really you will feel better. So much better. You will feel better all of the time. You will feel better not just when you wake up but you will feel better at the times when you would have been drinking because really it feels better to not be drinking it really just feels better.

I had a couple beers last night and they made me feel pretty bad. I was feeling quite good and well and happy and energetic and just generally living and then I had a couple beers and I felt tired and sloshy and aimless and really just wished that I had not had them.

It is just better to not be drinking. It is always better to not be drinking.

All I can say to people who are still drinking is that it really is better to not be doing it.

I hope this doesn't sound preachy or patronizing. I really just feel for people with drinking problems and would if I could I would help them.

I am personally grateful for the existence of alcohol because it gives me something to not do and feel great about not doing. Actually it would be a bit hollow around here without all the alcohol to not be doing.

im trying this again after going only 2 days sober and a weeklong bender. almost 12 hours now and now im getting the sweats. this time I am armed with codeine, xanax and valiums and some weed

I am personally grateful for the existence of alcohol because it gives me something to not do and feel great about not doing. Actually it would be a bit hollow around here without all the alcohol to not be doing.

Just the way you worded that actually made me feel a bit better man, got me too laugh on a really bad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.