• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-ethylmethcathinone

It is definatly something very similar to mephedrone... It's got the same smell to it like when it first came out... I tried higher dosages and it was very like mephedrone but slightly less stimulation with less desire to redose.

According to other forums, this compound seems not to be very active applied insufflated. I noticed, simons reagent reacts blueish (like methylone) with 4-EMC. Could this be a hint that this compound should best be used orally (~200mg) similar to Methylone?

@ingo_1978: what was your ROA?

yea I had this too snorted and burned like fuck arround 80-90mg per line.
Felt very like meph, less stimualtion and the mephedrone like visuals where a bit more intense and I must say I was a lot less wasted the next day so my impression was that it is not so harsh on the body like 4-mmc was.

I've reluctantly tried methyl-N-ethylcathinone.

75mg intranasal bioassay earlier produced a short period (roughly 40 minutes) of mild euphoria with only a slight "rush." I felt the urge to speak freely, and at length about a great deal of nothing important. I felt mildly empathetic and stimulated for about one hour. Side effects included some trisma, elevated heartbeat, blurred vision, and sweaty palms -- all of these side effects had tapered off within an hour except for the elevated heartbeat. There was a strong desire to redose.

Since that trial, a close friend insufflated exactly 100mg. He seems to be quite a bit more fond of it then I was, though he didn't exactly look like he had even taken a stimulating substance. Perhaps I will sample a 150mg oral dosage for a quality comparison.

I can't imagine there's going to be much difference in these spin-off compounds at this point.

Last edited:
4-ethylmethcat and 4-mehylethcat are different compounds. The first one has diminished stimulant effects, while second much less potent.

Enough with the goddamn mephedrone replacements already...

It's finally illegal in my country. Anyway, the system here is stupid as hell, even Calea Zacatechichi falls into the act... So while they really made 4-methylmethcathinone illegal, there's no act here that would ban any analogs so 4-ethylmethcathinone and 4-methyl-N-ethylcathinone are legal. The other odd thing is while DOB is banned, DOI isn't... 2C-I is banned but 2C-B isn't. Now this is funny. Mephedrone is going to find its way to black market (I don't know for whatever reason as it was 'good' when it was legal because it was a much worse substitute for banned stimulants, now it's probably going to be much much less pure, mixed with shit even more and more expensive than plain amphetamine). This never ends.

I did GC/MS for my 4-EMC here are the results as it wasnt sure that the sample I got was indeed 4-EMC or maybe 4-MEC or even cut mephedrone:

I dissolved arround 2-3 mg in 500uL of water, took 50uL, added 2 drops 5% NaOH and extracted with 200uL of Diethylether and put that inside our GC/MS (60-260°C in 19 mins):

GC Spectra
156zond.jpg

The GC spectra showing a quiet pure substance which is a bit strange because the powder looked a bit unpure (yellow color) but since I extracted it, it could be that the impurities are not soluable in a unpolar solvent so the remained behind and werent analysed.

MS Data:
scuf7b.jpg

As you can see the immoniumion has a mass of 58u which is typical for canthiones and shows also that there where only one methyl group on the amine so it wasnt 4-MEC

The peak with 133u is the ethylbenzoylcation showing that there was a ethylgroup on the ring so it is very likely that it was indeed 4-EMC the other peak at 103u also supports this thesis because of ethyl fragmentation and formation of the benzoylcation (so 3,4dmmc is also very unlikely)

What I cannot explain is the shoulder on the gc spectra, fragmentation results are very similar:

vglhkj.jpg

Im not a master at reading MS fragmentations so maybe I did a mistake? pls correct me if I got something wrong or if you have different interpretation for the data I obtained.

iv tried 4-ethylmethcathinone and it is a waste of money. oral doses of up to 300+mg have almost no effect other than possibly a mild(and short lived) anti-depressant. attempting to vaporize it just breaks it down into a sweet smelling amber oil. its pretty harsh too. snorting it is insanely painful and again, nothing more than an anti-depressant effect. seeing as it lacks any stimulant effects , iv tried using it in combination with methamphetamine- both orally and insuflated and this still does not produce anything beyond a more noticeable anti-depressant effect. dont waste your time with this chemical. i am almost suspicious that i was scammed,as im not sure if the vender is reputable- BUT, the powder smells and tastes exactly like mephedrone, which i have extensive experience with. the stuff doesn't even warrant a trip report. anyone have any idea why this is? structurally it looks like a chemical that ought' to be active. is there a real reference out there for its neurotransmitter release profile?

I did GC/MS for my 4-EMC here are the results as it wasnt sure that the sample I got was indeed 4-EMC or maybe 4-MEC or even cut mephedrone:

I dissolved arround 2-3 mg in 500uL of water, took 50uL, added 2 drops 5% NaOH and extracted with 200uL of Diethylether and put that inside our GC/MS (60-260°C in 19 mins):

GC Spectra
156zond.jpg

The GC spectra showing a quiet pure substance which is a bit strange because the powder looked a bit unpure (yellow color) but since I extracted it, it could be that the impurities are not soluable in a unpolar solvent so the remained behind and werent analysed.

MS Data:
scuf7b.jpg

As you can see the immoniumion has a mass of 58u which is typical for canthiones and shows also that there where only one methyl group on the amine so it wasnt 4-MEC

The peak with 133u is the ethylbenzoylcation showing that there was a ethylgroup on the ring so it is very likely that it was indeed 4-EMC the other peak at 103u also supports this thesis because of ethyl fragmentation and formation of the benzoylcation (so 3,4dmmc is also very unlikely)

What I cannot explain is the shoulder on the gc spectra, fragmentation results are very similar:

vglhkj.jpg

Im not a master at reading MS fragmentations so maybe I did a mistake? pls correct me if I got something wrong or if you have different interpretation for the data I obtained.

Very informational and useful post, thanks a lot.

Your assumptions/readings look correct to me - but truth be told, I'm no master of this art, either.

I might be dipping my toes in some 4-MEC soon - carefully. I will try and post my results.

4-ethyl-methcathinone should prove valuable if and only if:
1. It confers euphoria similar to mephedrone's (even if comparable solely in terms of quantitative level of euphoria and/or empathogenesis).
and
2. 4-ethyl-beta-hydroxy-methcathinone isn't as adrenergic and/or enduring as mephedrone's metabolites.
now, 4-methyl-ethcathinone might be another beast entirely.
What does SAR suggest about all this?

ebola

What kind of euphoria is non-existent? Amphetamine-like or mephedrone-like? N-ethylamphetamine does work and N-ethylcathinone works as well. So I guess 4-MEC is one of the first drugs for meph-heads to be great in their opinion...

4-MEC isnt good at all, tryed once and it has been a really stupid experience, similar to mephedrone but without all the good things, it was a confused high, morishness like meph, less euphoria, really useless chemical in my opinion.
(it was a sticky powder, maybe crystals are better because of less impurities inside..)
I dont know about 4-EMC, maybe is better..

4-EMC was also a lot less euphoric then mephedrone but also gave me this confused high and morishness feeling but it was a bit more like meph in comparison how 4-MEC felt to me but nothing you want to take more often.

I wonder how 3-Me-MCat would be like looking at 3-FMC which is quiet nice or how 3-F-4-MMC would be.

3-methylmethcathinone doesn't really compare much to mephedrone. The ratio serotonin:dopamine and serotonin:noradrenaline is greater to serotonin advantage. I mean, while amphetamine or methamphetamine block DAT and NAT strongly and block SERT much less, mephedrone behaves more like its properties for blocking DAT and SERT are closer (not that I'm actually talking about affinity, just ratios). 3-methylmethcathinone is even more of SERT blocker. For some mephedrone fans it may be worthless as they may find mephedrone's ratio perfect. Well, me myself - I don't like all these 3- or 4-substituted cathinones (don't count in bk-MDMA, as it's totally a different thing, not a dirty speedy chemical like mephedrone for me).

BTW: Christ, I can't really translate "morishness" into my language in one word... It means 'making urge to take more', right (more or less, you know what I mean, you want more after you're done)? I checked a lot of dictionaries and there is no entry for morishness. Where is it from? British, American, Canadian?

K-guise:
1. Is part of the ill fate of the beta-ketones the necessity of beginning with methcathinone as a skeleton? Please refer to how 4-fluoro-meth seems way worse than 4-fluoro-amp.
2. Shouldn't mephedrone already optimize preferential 5ht release (being relatively even for the monoamines, among bk-methcathinones, if we need to guess)? I mean, maybe simultaneous 3 and 4 substitutions would prove even superior (see methylone), but I'm more ignorant of the SAR there. Do we have receptor affinities for various non bk amp analogues?
3. Why are vendors so fucking fixated on the bk substitution. I mean, really... :p

ebola

I think that producers likes methcathinone skeleton because the production cost is really cheap, maybe i'm wrong, i'm not so an expert and my english isnt so good, anyway 4-fa is good, but not as good as mephedrone in my opinion, i tryed both and 4-fa is better for the health no comedown, mephedrone was more kicking ass high, but really bad for body and mind.
I just hope that something changes and that the vendors stop selling all this shit like jgg, mdai, mdat, b2 etc. They are only dangerous because nobody knows what they have inside and they make too much confusion.