• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How (and why) to make your own dilaudid nasal spray

High School

Are you familiar with all the high schools in florida?

if so ill chime in, I woulda gone to Chamberlain or Gayther (Tampa)

Gaither High School Alumni In The House.!! LOL

There was a cocaine nasal spray on the market at one time for migraines!

does this have a better bio availability than just snorting the powder?

well yes and no yes in the fact that your putting less into your nose at once thus all is theoreticly beeing absorved(or the maximum possible) but no in the fact that you can only absorb soo much thru the nose

So to get more out of my say two 4 mg hydromorphone or 20 mg oxy contin should i just snort the powder or make the spray?

im looking to get high not ease withdrawals

Only way to know is to try it for yourself and see what works for you.

In theory, the nasal spray might be more efficient than just snorting straight powder.

My Attempt.

Hmm, I just tried the same thing before stumbling across this. However Im on Dilaudid for pain relief 4 / 8mg every 4 hours plus nasal ketamine solution at 10% as need.
I crushed 10 in 30ml of water, and used a funnel with a paper towel rubber banded at the end guessing that what it caught was the filler.
Me personally Ive been on Dilaudid so long all I get it pain relief. My reason for doing this is getting relief faster. But from what I read Im guessing and felt that 10 8mg per 30ml solution is not enough. 4-6mg IV work well when Im in the hospital. So I was shooting for a nasal spray equivalent. Before anyone says anything I can't IV. I have some blood clotting disorder and it takes the hospital about 6 times to get a line in me and I usually end up with a pic line. They keep talking about putting some sort of thing under my skin in the front of my shoulder that would be a direct line to an artery. They even had to use a jugular IV a couple times. So any advice on number of pills per 30 ml solution to get about a 4ml IV result would be a great help.
Thanks all.

Hmm, I just tried the same thing before stumbling across this. However Im on Dilaudid for pain relief 4 / 8mg every 4 hours plus nasal ketamine solution at 10% as need.
I crushed 10 in 30ml of water, and used a funnel with a paper towel rubber banded at the end guessing that what it caught was the filler.
Me personally Ive been on Dilaudid so long all I get it pain relief. My reason for doing this is getting relief faster. But from what I read Im guessing and felt that 10 8mg per 30ml solution is not enough. 4-6mg IV work well when Im in the hospital. So I was shooting for a nasal spray equivalent. Before anyone says anything I can't IV. I have some blood clotting disorder and it takes the hospital about 6 times to get a line in me and I usually end up with a pic line. They keep talking about putting some sort of thing under my skin in the front of my shoulder that would be a direct line to an artery. They even had to use a jugular IV a couple times. So any advice on number of pills per 30 ml solution to get about a 4ml IV result would be a great help.
Thanks all.
What they're talking about putting in you is a Morphine pump in which constantly pumps a certain amount of Morphine in your blood via its IV connection - the amount is specified by your Doctor.

Morphine is much weaker than Dilaudid, about 8-10 times weaker, so don't get excited. I wouldn't expect the pump to be capable of holding much Morphine for being as small as it is so I'd imagine the doctor could set it to release up to 30-50mg of Morphine at a time. Then again though it is via IV and can get you high if that high of a dose per hour but I doubt that your doctor will set it to an amount that will get you high and impair your ability to function.

I never mentioned a morphine pump. Though that type of pump was discussed before I lost my insurance, it was already determined that Dilaudid or Fentanyl would be used due to my tolerance and degree of pain. I just remembered the name of the thing under my skin they keep wanting to do, and now I understand why you thought it was a pump. But they were talking about putting a port in. My understanding is an artery gets cuts and the port is put between and is just under the skin. Needles or IV lines would be used there. Its supposed to have the same sort of properties like the top of an insulin bottle where it closes when the needle is removed. I would think something like that would be an IV users dream to never have to try to find a good vein again.

Last edited:
Thanks, TooCool. As you pointed out, while the spray bottle is a more efficient and safer way to snort, people who wish to apply this to substances other than dilaudid should do their homework and find out what works best for their substance of choice (for instance, I didn't know that a saline solution wouldn't work well for coke).

And while a mirror and straw is a lot more fun, the spray bottle concept is clearly meant to make life easier when you need a toot in a hurry and avoid being conspicuous.

I also love that is saves me a lot of product; being able to control the dosage with a few sprays sure beats wasting a whole, or even half, a pill when all you needed was a tiny bit to keep withdrawals at bay.

And, in the long run, your nose will thank you.
Man, only had Dilaudid once, got 2 8mg pills from a friend for free, him originally saying it was morphine. I insufflated them (separately) and it didn't seem to do too much. I wish I would have known this method! I like your thinking. Definitely harm reduction, my nose would think me for the lighter load, hah. :)

I wonder if this would work with ketamine...because I know some brands recrystallize. Just curious...this might make for a quick k hole for some.

Yes it does. I get a 10% K nasal spray for pain relief. I have to go to a compound pharmacist to get it though.

ok a few questions..i've just ran into some dillies for the first time so i'm looking into all ROAs apart from IV. When you say it's best to filter it, how is this done? i have no idea, do you need to suck it up through a cotton bud? also could this be done with just tap water and an oral syringe? by just squirting it up your nose rather than spraying it with saline through a sprayer.
Also i assume this has the same BA as snorting crushed pills, except it being much more efficient, as you are covering the blood vessels with pure hydromorphone rather than hydromorphone plus all the pill binders and what have you that you get with pills. Is this a legitimate way to get high, and not just fend of WDs?

There is no need to filter if you are not going the IV route. Tap could be used but there is usually all sorts of stuff in tap water and a bottle of nasal saline solution is only a few buck.
I can not say whether or not you would get high from it as my tolerance is through the roof and I could snort 16mg in on pop and not get high.
However the ratio of dill to solution / water would play a factor in the effect you get.

ok a few questions..i've just ran into some dillies for the first time so i'm looking into all ROAs apart from IV. When you say it's best to filter it, how is this done? i have no idea, do you need to suck it up through a cotton bud? also could this be done with just tap water and an oral syringe? by just squirting it up your nose rather than spraying it with saline through a sprayer.
Also i assume this has the same BA as snorting crushed pills, except it being much more efficient, as you are covering the blood vessels with pure hydromorphone rather than hydromorphone plus all the pill binders and what have you that you get with pills. Is this a legitimate way to get high, and not just fend of WDs?

hi
might be cause i live in france but i didnt even knew dilaudid were still available !!!
do you get it on prescription ?
or like i one seen it, some folks does their own by themselves...
As AFOF can get some poppy pods, is it hard to make a product like that in D I Y style ?
Thanks

Yes it's by prescription in the US, as for the rest of your question I'm sorry I dont know.

hi
might be cause i live in france but i didnt even knew dilaudid were still available !!!
do you get it on prescription ?
or like i one seen it, some folks does their own by themselves...
As AFOF can get some poppy pods, is it hard to make a product like that in D I Y style ?
Thanks

So I've been having a hard time trying to get a prescription for good narcotics does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

ok so I have 12mg Exalgo(hydromorphone)extended release pills.It uses the OROS system which delivers a certain amount of the drug every hour over a 12 or 24 hr period.Instead of taking the pill whole,I have been cutting off the grey inactive part of the pill,and dissolving the hydromorphone in water to use in an eyedropper to administer it intranasally.And this method has proved to be very succcessful.

So I wanted to know if I can still use this procedure and add the solution to a nasal pump?And if I should use a saline soultion to mix with the drug to hopefully increase absorption.Also,when i make my solution to eye-dropper it into my nose,the solution isn't what I'd call gelly....but rather more viscous.

if anybody can tell me if this will work,or maybe how to go about this I wud appreciate it....I really need to know if using a saline solution will aid in absorption at all.

Thanx

~PeAcE'n'LoVe~