• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How (and why) to make your own dilaudid nasal spray

John_Burrows

Bluelighter
So i've been monkeying with dilaudid (hydromorphone) on a daily basis for well over a year now and have done my fair share of learning and experimenting (props to Bluelight and the entire community, without whom I would still be in the dark). While my favorite roa is plugging, snorting ain't half bad and from what I read a lot of folks here enjoy it too.

In fact, nasal dilaudid is so effective, clinical trials are taking place for an official hydromorphone nasal spray (even the doctors are coming to realize that taking this stuff orally is a waste of time). Simple, potent so easy even the general public can figure it out.

So I decided to make my own to try out. Here's what I did:

- First, i found a reusable nasal spray bottle that can be opened and refilled. The cheapest one was a simple, pump action saline solution meant for clearing out the sinuses. Perfect.

- Since a saline solution is the perfect "carrier" for the hydromorphone, I grabbed a pack of Neti Pot saline solution refill packets so I could easily make more at home.

- I crushed up 2 or 3 8mg dilaudid pills. I find this to be more than enough "active ingredient." of course, after experimenting you are welcome to season to taste.

- I made a cup of saline solution using the packets and warm (not hot) filtered water. From this, i drew about 10ml of solution from the cup and squirted this into the pill crusher where my powdered drugs were waiting (this is enough solution to fill half the bottle. I could fill the whole thing but I prefer to make a fresh batch more often).

- after thoroughly mixing the solution and dissolving the crushed pills, I drew it up back into my oral syringe and then squirted it into the empty nasal spray bottle (easier than using a funnel).

And that's all there is to it. For my purposes, i find that with this particular concentration, 3 or 4 blasts is enough to ease withdrawal and give me a slight buzz. What's best is that this gives you the easiest, safest, and most effective way to snort dilaudid ANYWHERE, ANYTIME without anyone knowing!

This sure beats having to crush up and sniff an entire pill at random when you need a hit (which is what I had been doing to beat withdrawals while at work). With the spray, I can just take as many blasts as I need until I get the desired effect - more like measured doses. Since intranasal works so quickly, it only takes a few minutes before I know If my one or two sniffs was enough - If not, pump out a few more.

Any way you look at it, I'm saving a lot of product, and this method of snorting is also safer and more comfortable than just sniffing straight powder.

Feel free to chime in with any suggestions or comments!

Last edited:
Very interesting, thanks for the info. I wonder what other substances can be done the same way.

So are you giving up IVing? JB, I've been following your posts for about a year and was worried when you started headed that way. Nothing against anyone that does, but I've just heard about so many people regretting it. Best of luck.

Haha this reminds me of the time when my buddy stuck some dilaudid in one of those little noses bottles because he thought it would get him high and also get rid of his allergies.

I'd rather use this for some coke or something. I shoot dillies anyway anything otherwise would be a waste. :\

long time ago i was prescribed butorphanol which was dispensed as a nose spray for wicked headaches. marketed as stadol at the time, i'm pretty sure it's been d/c under that name. anyway, the stuff could pack a punch in someone w/ little or no tolerance.
i would've rather had some dilaudid nose spray though... lol
-izzy

If you are going to this much trouble why not try the homemade solution rectally? I can just see the new fad, people in bathrooms with afrin bottles stuck up their asses! Nothing against anal ROA, it's great. But a portable enema... LOL.

Oh, and make sure not to stick it in your nose afterwords. EWWW

long time ago i was prescribed butorphanol which was dispensed as a nose spray for wicked headaches. marketed as stadol at the time, i'm pretty sure it's been d/c under that name. anyway, the stuff could pack a punch in someone w/ little or no tolerance.
i would've rather had some dilaudid nose spray though... lol
-izzy

I was prescribed Stadol for Clusterheadaches and at first they knock you out. Anyways I recently got a 100ml bottle of Dilaudid and put some in an old Stadol bottle and wow! Great pain relief.8o

Major props to JB for posting this method for insulfation, I find this is a wonderfull harm reduction method. I too have realized the bennefit of putting water soluble chemicals in such a solution for both convience and for inconspicuacy. Another great added bennefit of this is that when dispersed from the nasal spray bottle, it gently sprays a liquid mist around your noise. When you snort crushed powders, it's solid particles being slammed into the back of your noise.

The saline is an important step, as putting unsalty water up your noise burns a bit or at least feels a lot less comfortable. However for coke, you dont need to add the saline solution because it has potential to upset the stomache if you have too much when swallowed and the numbness of the coke cancels out the wierd feeling of the water.

And for those of you who are using this method to consume other substances, it also serves one more harm reduction factor, removing insoluble cuts or other impuraties.

The one thing I have to say is though it works so much better, it does lack the nice little rush of shoving some thing up your noise the old fassioned way with a straw and a mirror.

Thanks, TooCool. As you pointed out, while the spray bottle is a more efficient and safer way to snort, people who wish to apply this to substances other than dilaudid should do their homework and find out what works best for their substance of choice (for instance, I didn't know that a saline solution wouldn't work well for coke).

And while a mirror and straw is a lot more fun, the spray bottle concept is clearly meant to make life easier when you need a toot in a hurry and avoid being conspicuous.

I also love that is saves me a lot of product; being able to control the dosage with a few sprays sure beats wasting a whole, or even half, a pill when all you needed was a tiny bit to keep withdrawals at bay.

And, in the long run, your nose will thank you.

Oh, and to address a few of the other comments, yes, I have considered that the spray bottle could also be used for plugging. But, as has been pointed out, I just don't think an all-in-one device meant to administer drugs both in your nose and bung hole is something the world is ready for.

Besides, a nasal spray is one thing, but I'd like to see someone in the office casually put their hand down they pants, pump a spray bottle a few times and go "aaahhhhhh..."

yeah for real...if someone was at a bar around here and went in the stall and started plugging shit they would get knocked out

Just thought I'd throw in that this works great with Oxymorphone as well.
Well the Opana IR's anyways, my results with the ER's were a mixed bag.
I'd type up my process for making a spray which is slightly different but seeing as I'm off the opiate train at the moment I'll pass for now.
Anyways, I think I've mentioned my process in some other threads at some point & the differences are basically negligible.

Regardless I should throw in one step of my process that might be of use.
Before putting your solution into the nasal spray bottle, I find cotton or micron filtering the solution to reduce particulates & such to be of use.
Helps make this great method even greater by adding another dose of good ole harm reduction. :)

Today i had another experience that made me oh-so-happy to have this nasal spray!

This morning i woke up with withdrawals far worse than usual (not too much of a shock since i just started to iv 2 weeks ago). Anyway, all i had to do was reach out, grab my spray bottle off the nightstand and give myself 3 or 4 sprays. Within 15 minutes, i felt everything go back to normal and i was able to go back to sleep.

The usefulness of being able to dose so easily and quickly cannot be overstated! The spray is even easier than downing a pill, and far, far more effective.

Everyone who uses hydromorphone really owes it to themselves to give this a try...

I did some testing and came up with a very rough dosage guide... If I crush 24mg of dilaudid into 10ml of water, it comes out to approx 1mg of dilaudid per every two pumps of the spray (based on how many pumps you get with 10ml of liquid from this bottle).

I'm sure most pump-action bottles (not do it yourself squeezers) would give similar results.

Generally, it takes about 4 pumps - or 2mg - to ease my withdrawals for a couple of hours.

Once again, if you're a daily user of hydromorphone and need a discreet way to dose, this is a great solution.

4th of July weekend is almost here, go out and experiment, my fellow Bluelighters!