• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much is 6mg hydromorphone nasally to oxy?

Deadhead420

Bluelighter
Just trying to find out where my tolerance is at and the doses I know are measured in oxycodone. I just did 6mg hydromorphone nasally with 10mg oxycodone orally. Anyone know the conversion? I looked at one of those conversion sights. According to one sight it's 16mg... another says on 4-8mg.

I'm actually fairly high so if it's 4-8 that means I have a hella low tollerence lol.

Been on sub for a year almost. Before that I could IV 16mg dialuadid easy in one shot and not be nodding out... could even safely drive a car. I just had to take that much to stay well.

Still on sub just taking a really low dose (.125mg 3 times a day)... so yea pretty easy to break through with the good stuff.

I'd actually guess that its more like 30-40 mg oxy equivalence. 16 mg seems really low. Wiki lists the equivalent strength as 8 to 10 times as strong as oxy, but I was factoring in that nasal BA of hydromorphone is like 50%.

I don't know if I agree with the conversions. I always felt like the BA of dilaudid via nasal is much lower than any numbers I have seen point to. Now IV'ing is a totally different story. Snorting 20-30 mg of oxy gets me higher than snorting 8 mg of dilaudid.

I don't know if I agree with the conversions. I always felt like the BA of dilaudid via nasal is much lower than any numbers I have seen point to. Now IV'ing is a totally different story. Snorting 20-30 mg of oxy gets me higher than snorting 8 mg of dilaudid.

Of course IVing is a different story; its 100% BA that route. Nasally its something like 50%, and thats assuming you're using a spray with only hydromorphone. If you're railing a pill its going to be somewhat less due to the binders and such clogging your nose.

So it makes sense that you'd have that experience. But bioavailability also varies by individual, so what 6 mg does for one person might take 8 or 10 mgs for you.

In my experience, oral hydromorph is really not that much more effective per mg than oxy. Maybe a bit -- 15 or 25% -- but not much moreso.

Nasal or sublingual (and plugging, potentially) will raise that, but I have doubts as to by how much. I've anecdotally noticed a boost via other ROAs, but I mostly stick to sublingual and I do notice a difference...seems to kick in faster as well...but quantifying how much of a difference, is a challenge.

In my experience, oral hydromorph is really not that much more effective per mg than oxy. Maybe a bit -- 15 or 25% -- but not much moreso.

Nasal or sublingual (and plugging, potentially) will raise that, but I have doubts as to by how much. I've anecdotally noticed a boost via other ROAs, but I mostly stick to sublingual and I do notice a difference...seems to kick in faster as well...but quantifying how much of a difference, is a challenge.

I just have to point out not to use this as a guideline in determining hydromorphone dose. Mg for mg hydromorphone is still MUCH stronger than oxycodone, even if it does have a lackluster oral bioavailablity. I mention this because dosing hydromorphone even just slightly lower than oxy could quickly lead to an overdose. If it takes you, say, 20 mg oxycodone to get high, you're not going to want to attempt 20 mg hydromorphone because it could very well be the last thing you ever do before going into respiratory arrest.

As for by how much higher hydromorphone's BA is rectally or nasally, I'll tell you. The oral BA is something around 30-35%, and rectal/nasal is about 50%, so you would need to lower your dose when switching over to plugging or snorting dillies.

Also I havent heard of people subbing their dilaudid, but it is a very water soluble drug, so I suppose there is a chance that'd work. I read on another forum somewhere that some people claim to get as much as (they say) 10% increases in their duration or strength of effect when sublingually dissolving opiates before swallowing them. Quantifiying how much of an increase, if any, there really is is not only a challenge, as you said, but actually impossible. If you don't have access to lab equipment to measure plasma levels of a drug, as well as having the ability to perform a double-blind study on yourself (with controls, mind you!) you cant do much more than just toss out a number that matches your qualitative evaluation.

Subbing dilaudid is like getting a rocket ship ready for launch and then shipping it to the moon via freight liner or train.

40mg probably

3mg IV which is equipotent to 6mg nasally is 40mg of oral oxy.

there is no way that 3 mg IV dilaudid is equal to 6 mg nasally.
when i IV dilaudid, i can take 8-10 mg and i'd catch a good, albeit brief high.
i need like more than 45 mgs nasally to do the job, and even then it's nowhere near as good.

there is no way that 3 mg IV dilaudid is equal to 6 mg nasally.
when i IV dilaudid, i can take 8-10 mg and i'd catch a good, albeit brief high.
i need like more than 45 mgs nasally to do the job, and even then it's nowhere near as good.

Thats way too much powder.

In my experience with dilaudid however it's been exactly that. 2mg of IV is about the same as me snorting 4mg.

Another thing, HM high lasts me hours. I don't know why its so brief for everyone else.

I have a question and I hope someone an help me on this,I just had spinal surgery on june 4th,my doctor gave me morphine sulfate 100mg twice a day,hydrocodone 10/325 6 times a day and hydromorphone 8mg 1 every six hours as needed,also I have percoset 5/325mg,soma 350mg,valium 10mg and methadone 10mg,but I just take the morphine,hydrocodone and the hydromorphone,but it doesn't seem to help at all,can anybody give me some advice with any ways to take it to get some relief without slamming it,i've tried chewing,doesn't help,but I have had one surgery back in 2004,so I have been on hydrocodone since then beause of chronic pain since then and my insurance medicare has this stupid secondary to help with pill coverage and they dropped oxycontin from the formulary,so oxycontin er or the generic oxycodone er is not covered and that shit is costly and fentanyl doesn't work for me at all,so I was hoping somebody can give some advice to my situation,thanks.

Ive been on oxycodone 30mgs 6x's a day for almost a year. And recently do to the shortage of oxycodone 30's where i live. My doctor switched me to 8mg dilaudid 6x's a day instead. And to be honest it does not seem to help the pain nearly as much! I no dilaudid is much stronger, but ive been on it for 2 months now. And it still isnt working nearly as well. And as a youth i experimented with drugs in all forms, but until this switch i HAVE NOT shoot up anything till this switch!! I was in such pain I had no chose but to shoot some dilaudid to kill the pain! When i was on my oxycodone I took it as perscribed, except for once in a blue moon snorting one. And now when im in SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN I have to shot some dilaudid to get the pain to stop. when in the past if i was in that much pain i would possibly have to snort 2 oxycodone, and take a couple perks. Its scaring me to death that because of the DEA cracking down on south florida with the oxycodone 30's(or roxicodone) that I may become addicted to the shooting!!!! Even though its only when im in horrible pain that i do shoot( FOR NOW ) it really worries me! Is anyone out there going threw this? Or has anyone felt the roxicodone helped more than the dilaudid? And if so will I eventually just get used to the dilaudid and not have to abuse it to get relief? Any suggestions, word of wisdom, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Ive been on oxycodone 30mgs 6x's a day for almost a year. And recently do to the shortage of oxycodone 30's where i live. My doctor switched me to 8mg dilaudid 6x's a day instead. And to be honest it does not seem to help the pain nearly as much! I no dilaudid is much stronger, but ive been on it for 2 months now. And it still isnt working nearly as well. And as a youth i experimented with drugs in all forms, but until this switch i HAVE NOT shoot up anything till this switch!! I was in such pain I had no chose but to shoot some dilaudid to kill the pain! When i was on my oxycodone I took it as perscribed, except for once in a blue moon snorting one. And now when im in SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN I have to shoot some dilaudid to get the pain to stop. when in the past if i was in that much pain i would possibly have to snort 2 oxycodone, and take a couple perks. Its scaring me to death that because of the DEA cracking down on south florida with the oxycodone 30's(or roxicodone) that I may become addicted to the shooting!!!! Even though its only when im in horrible pain that i do shoot( FOR NOW ) it really worries me! Is anyone out there going threw this? Or has anyone felt the roxicodone helped more than the dilaudid? And if so will I eventually just get used to the dilaudid and not have to abuse it to get relief? Any suggestions, word of wisdom, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!