Bass vs Treb

itrip_iroll_iblaze

Greenlighter
I looked around didnt see a thread like this, also couldnt think of a better title.

To me there are 2 general catergories of Electronic Music, The bass heavy and Trab heavy. High pitched Low pitch. Bassline and, whatever the other is called.
Seems to me the average person likes one or the other more, so lets here it!

Im in love with bass, crank it up on my headphones and feel it vibrating through my ears. Its amazing. Probably favorite artist with this has to be AC Slater.

....im pretty sure no one who seriously listens to EDM is going to say they prefer treble happy shit. even ambient, which doesn't emphasize the bass, still has more going on in that area

This thread makes no sense. I have yet to encounter "treble heavy" music. I think it would hurt my ears far too much. Besides it isn't like you can have one without the other. Bass and treble aren't competitive, they're synergistic.

I personally have never heard anyone say "I LOOOOOVE treble!". Surely there are people who don't care much for booming, huge bass, but that doesn't mean they don't like bass altogether yadadamean?

Certain frequencies, both extreme lows and extreme highs, hurt my ears. I prefer a good balance of lows, mids and highs. :) Much cleaner on the ears anyway.

personally, i like dubstep where the bass is so loud that you can't even hear the treble.

bass of course!

but i think jungle could be called treble heavy...

combination of both, but too much bass is too much bass.