• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How Bad is Cocaine? Super High Me

ben2990

Bluelighter
If someone had been using cocaine a decant amount for a month or so.

1. How bad is cocaine side effects on the human body?

2. Compared to an equal dosage or MDMA?

3. Compared to an equal dosage of marijuana?

4. Compared to geting drunk?

5. If somone was to recreate the Super High Me (movie on smoking pot for 1 month straight day in and day out) instead tis time useing cocaine. What would some of the side effects be

i dont care if you dont know all the answers but any response in regard to answering these questions is greatly appreciated.

i dont know what you mean by "equal dosage of mdma/marajuana". they really arent comparable. i would say coke is worse than all of those drugs listed (in terms of physical health) because it is worse for your heart than the other ones and has a higher chance of giving you a heart attack. it also has some pretty major negative pyscological effects in some people including paranoia, and delusional behavior, it can also cause insomnia. I dont know man if you want to know side effects i would check wikipedia. a lot of coke is low quality (where i am anyway). i dont do it anymore because of this (and health reasons). you shouldnt be trying to get addicted to something which is what you make it sound like you are trying to do when you ask what it would be like to use coke for a month.

very hard to answer these questions. Your best bet is to read up on cocaine on wiki and erowid, and when you understand it a bit more, then return and ask some specific questions.

It would not be an equal test because of two factors, one you can sleep while using marijuana all day and two you can also eat. These are two vital functions that if ceased would end up causing more harm than that actual cocaine would imo.

When asking which one is safer it is also hard to compare because 3-4 hours of marijuana "use" could be had from one joint where as to be high on cocaine for that same time period one would need to dose at least 10 times....really is like apples to oranges

however I believe anything in moderation to not be too bad. If you are out and have 1-2 lines of coke during your evening and leave it like that, only using on the weekends you would probably not risk your health much by using cocaine. It is the all night-all-weekend long binges that really get ya messed up

Poorly framed question imo.

I assume by equal dose, you mean equal "intensity of use", since it otherwise becomes a question of how large the dosage is.

Coke is phsically nasty, particularly so. Also, it's a drug people often use quite frequently (also true of weed, and to a lesser extent booze), while MDMA is absolutely not a drug that can be taken frequently and still enjoyed.

Overall... I would say Coke worse than MDMA worse than alcohol worse than weed.

1. It's a stimulant, with all the associated sideffects from a strong stimulant. Additionally, it is particularly bad for the heart, because as a local anesthetic, it reduces electrical conductivity - well, bad news, guess how the heartbeat is handled? Electrical impulses. That's why long term users of cocaine often eventually die of cardiac arrest or heart attack, far before their time.

2. MDMA is problematic for different reasons, as it causes terrible comedowns (days of depression) for some users, particularly ones who've used it frequently. It is somewhat neurotoxic, damaging the serotonin system. Also, using it more often than every few months, most users will "lose the magic" and stop enjoying it - you cannot use and enjoy MDMA as often as one can use coke. However, physically, it's not that bad.

3. MJ has few sideeffects, and is not particularly harmful. Heavy users long term (years) sometimes find that it starts causing them anxiety.

4. Drinking is not particularly healthy, but it's not all that bad. Heavy use will produce physical dependence (unlike coke, MJ, or MDMA). And of course we're all familiar with hangovers....

5. Hard to predict, but i think he's end up alot worse off than smoking MJ, as he'd be psychologically dependent on coke, and would probably have trouble enjoying life for a while without coke, and he might also experience warning signs of heart problems (palpitations and the like).

The susceptability to sideeffects from different substances vary very widely between people. Some get horrible horrible depression after MDMA, others can abuse E (ie, use it very often) for a year and still enjoy it. Some people will get unpleasant effects from coke, others wont.

Also, single overdoses can magnify the damage with any drug - MDMA overdoses result in more severe depression afterwards, there's a guy who posted here about swallowing a bag of coke when they got pulled over, and having ti break open inside their stomach and going into convulsions, and afterwards they got chest pains if they took any coke, single bad experiences with weed can cause anxiety when smoking afterwards, etcetera.

lol there is a good chance that person would rot their sinuses, damage their heart, become poorly nourished, have a psychotic break, lose all friends and family, and end up smoking crack under a bridge somewhere owning only the clothes on his back. then either death or jail.

after a month long coke binge, people dont just stop.

lol there is a good chance that person would rot their sinuses, damage their heart, become poorly nourished, have a psychotic break, lose all friends and family, and end up smoking crack under a bridge somewhere owning only the clothes on his back. then either death or jail.

after a month long coke binge, people dont just stop.

thats delusional for you to say, it depends on the situation

Coke heads do cocaine everyday many times a days for years straight.......

None of these are comparable. You will likely get addicted if you use it for thirty days strait.

ok so what i meant was, if u took the same "intensity dosage, and the same number of times, in comparisoon, how do these drugs match up?"

I.E. : "A joint is 10X worse than a ciggarette"

thats delusional for you to say, it depends on the situation
this is delusional for you to ask.

but to give you a general answer: coke is pretty bad for you. it's a binge drug, and one bad binge can destroy you for life. i've seen fMRIs of crack heads that over did it one binge and ended up popping a blood vessel in their head and losing (it dying/being destroyed) a large portion of their brain. even if that does not happen, stimulants are not very forgiving on the CNS.

no question is a bad question in my book
a lot of what your 1st grade teacher taught you does not apply in the real word. or even in the world of bluelight. also, if you are gonna be a shit in your responses to other's posts, do not expect people to stay respectful in their responses to yours.

i think its difficult to predict how bad coke is depends on many factors your general mental health already how much you use if you have any physical health problems ie cardio problems mixing it with other substances as well like booze when ever i have used it coke/crack get terrible come downs plus the guilt and depression of blowing loads of money

No no no

4. Drinking is not particularly healthy, but it's not all that bad. Heavy use will produce physical dependence (unlike coke, MJ, or MDMA). And of course we're all familiar with hangovers....

High levels of alcohol consumption are correlated with an increased risk of developing alcoholism, cardiovascular disease, malabsorption, chronic pancreatitis, alcoholic liver disease, and cancer. Damage to the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system can occur from sustained alcohol consumption.[2][3] Long-term use of alcohol in excessive quantities is capable of damaging nearly every organ and system in the body.[4] The developing adolescent brain is particularly vulnerable to the toxic effects of alcohol.[5]

#2 ^ Müller D, Koch RD, von Specht H, Völker W, Münch EM (March 1985). "[Neurophysiologic findings in chronic alcohol abuse]" (in German). Psychiatr Neurol Med Psychol (Leipz) 37 (3): 129–32. PMID 2988001.
#3 ^ Testino G (2008). "Alcoholic diseases in hepato-gastroenterology: a point of view". Hepatogastroenterology 55 (82-83): 371–7. PMID 18613369.
#4 ^ Caan, Woody; Belleroche, Jackie de, eds (11 April 2002). Drink, Drugs and Dependence: From Science to Clinical Practice (1st ed.). Routledge. pp. 19–20. ISBN 978-0415278911. http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=nPvbDUw4w5QC.
#5 ^ Mellon, RD.; Simone, AF.; Rappaport, BA. (Mar 2007). "Use of anesthetic agents in neonates and young children.". Anesth Analg 104 (3): 509–20. doi:10.1213/01.ane.0000255729.96438.b0. PMID 17312200. http://www.anesthesia-analgesia.org/cgi/content/full/104/3/509.

I would hardly consider alcohol to be "not all that bad."

More Info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_alcohol

They catch you with blow in Dubai I'd imagine you'd be in extremely deep poop.