• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Baclofen (Lioresal) - Miracle Drug or Crap

I am prescribed Baclofen (along with Oxycodone) for chronic back pain...and i've tried the Baclofen regime 2 or 3 times, each one stopped as I feel it is unsuccessful in treating my spasms (and also not too recreational, although I do enjoy the opiates). I get terrible withdrawls from them however, the worst back spasms ever.

HOWEVER, I just brought some over to my friends house and he had quite the experience. Hallucinated rolling a joint that took him over 30 minutes to roll on about 50 or 60 mgs. I tried 80 and all I got was tired...

I experience very little effects from GHB, I think there's something to it, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Try Baclofen if u wanna feel good , its a GABA-B selective agonist - that'll relax muscle spasms due to injury, but gaba-b agonism DISINHIBITS AND SLOWLY SPEEDDS UP DOPAMINERGIC transmission in pleasure centres of the brain. also seroternergic neurotransmission speeds up via indirect action on 5HT1A receptors and a happy relaxed state arises the higher u dose. and that's all this doctor can remember from the fat books I read long ago. A VERY DOPAMINERGIC COMBO IS MODAFNIL + BACLOFEN another is BACLOFEN+MEMANTINE+PRAMIPEXOLE
try it!!:):)

Last edited:
Sorry to revive an old thread, I just wanted to correct some inaccuracies contained in it. Baclofen is extremely effective at combating addiction, I have used it personally to cure myself of 15 years of alcoholic behavior. More information can be found at the forums at MyWayOut, should you be interested, or PM me.

Ok. I fucked up.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been taking baclofen in moderate - high doses for the past 3 weeks.

I finally ran out about 72 hours ago and the withdrawal is seriously worrying and uncomfortable.

Does anyone have any experience how long this is going to last for? I used around 150mg every other day for 3 weeks. I used it to get off of pristiq, and I'm afraid I might be experiencing protracted withdrawals from THAT now as well.

I'll probably end up going to the hospital. :X

LOL, i love how people are like drug-X is good for treating withdrawls to drug-Y when they are both extremely similar in the brain. Just taper off, it's that fucking simple. Don't switch from 1 addiction to the next, it's pointless and retarded. Remember Heroine was invented to treat morphine dependancy. Only exceptions i'll buy into are ultra-high affinity channel modulators(methadone,vanoxerine,memantine...).Voltage dependent would be a plus.

Last edited:
Indeed.

I'd have used a little more tact, myself.

Meany-Pants. :p

=D

Pregabalin, not unlike gabapentin, works on voltage gaited calcium channels in an unspecified way.

Hot shit I redeemed myself!

IN YOUR FACE ZORK.

;)

That was right off the mainframe I didn't google that shit at all.

Otherwise I wouldn't feel that sudden lonely pang of pride in the nervous system. Doesn't happen too often, and yes it was worth mentioning.

Baclofen or gabapentin to stop repeated amphetamine administration by affecting dopam

I realize this thread is old but I am seriously impressed with the wealth of knowledge contained. I have been prescribed adderall 20mg ir twice daily for years. I have always sold it because I become addicted to almost anything in the blink of an eye and I knew having a bottle full of amphetamine would be nothing but bad for me. Well recently I quit selling it because of worry of the risks of getting arrested and it did not take long at all for the addiction to set in. I have taken so much now that I believe I might have completely depleted dopamine stores in my brain. I feel completely empty inside and have to take a piece of a pill often throughout the day just to escape the intense dysphoric empty feeling inside.
I have a large storage of baclofen and gabapentin which I understand can both help by affecting dopamine (I believe they both affect it in completely opposite ways though). My question is, could I use gabapentin or baclofen to either stop the obsessive self administration of amphetamine? If yes will either of them help to restore my dopamine systems to normal after I stop the repeated dosing of amphetamine?
I realize that the dangers of baclofen withdrawal are severe, but my amphetamine addiction is killing me mentally and physically. Please don't ask me to discuss this with my doctor.. I can't say why here but it isn't an option. Anyways I I could almost guarantee that you guys know more than my doctor on this subject.
One more note, I believe I read that baclofen has been studied to aid in attenuation of severe cocaine addiction by indirectly depleting dopamine which would in turn cause the addict to halt constant use. This tells me that the theory implies that less dopamine is reducing the pleasure caused by use of cocaine. Therefore the addict will find less use to remove. If this is the case it might be a bad idea for me because any less access to dopamine in my pleasure centers would be almost catastrophic possibly leading to... Well I don't know but something not good

It doesn't work by depleting dopamine but by shifting balance of several brainstructures making you do the right thing and forgetting your addiction, it's complicated.

It's worth a try, it can vanish coke craving overnight I'm unsure about amp, you try it and report back to us my friend.

Baclofen and amphetamine abuse

Baclofen should work as powerful anti-craving also for amphetamine.
At my knowledge there is only one specific clinical trial but a lot of other studies shows that should work for different kind of substance abuse.
Consider that an important thing about Baclofen efficacy is that is is "dose-related" and that this trial uses a really low dose (20mg).
Baclofen have to be titrated of 5/10mg every 3-5 days (or longer) depending on how your body reacts and on eventual secondary effects.
If it works in amphetamine as in alcohol, low doses in most cases makes a reduction of craving, high (tailored) doses suppress it!

Good that you know about withdrawal (really important but with normal/responsible cautions is not a problem).
To take Baclofen you should also check that your kidneys works well (only 15% by the liver and 85% by them).
I'm not a Dr so take this post as a simple user experience.

About dopamine... Baclofen will not lower it but instead "just" modulate it (as MeDieViL said is a bit complicate how Baclofen works but I'm sure about modulation).
High positive impact on anxiety and I personally find it also anti-depressive.

Let us know the results if you decide to try and ask anything in case of need.

PS: here a ready link to baclofen methamphetamine Pubmed results.

Last edited:
This is an old thread..... But my story.....
10 years of heavy drinking- then a back injury- doc gave me Baclofen 10 mg x 3 per day with Norco 5/325 3 per day. 30 days later I just lost my taste for alcohol. 8 months later I had back surgery and stopped the Baclofen. I didn't even want to quit drinking! A year later I still have no cravings for alcohol. I even tried to get drunk a couple of times and all I could get was a headache.
I'm even a little pissed because I used alcohol to help with my back pain and it is completely useless to me now.
I was a funtioning alcoholic and I enjoyed it. Those days are gone now.

This is an old thread..... But my story.....
10 years of heavy drinking- then a back injury- doc gave me Baclofen 10 mg x 3 per day with Norco 5/325 3 per day. 30 days later I just lost my taste for alcohol. 8 months later I had back surgery and stopped the Baclofen. I didn't even want to quit drinking! A year later I still have no cravings for alcohol. I even tried to get drunk a couple of times and all I could get was a headache.
I'm even a little pissed because I used alcohol to help with my back pain and it is completely useless to me now.
I was a funtioning alcoholic and I enjoyed it. Those days are gone now.

Probably for the best though, your liver would have to be hard as steel to sustain even if you were functioning.

^This. Baclofen in this instance is like suboxone for opiates - effective at blocking w/ds but eventually the price is paid either way with a w/d symptom. Tapering off is the way to go whether its baclofen, benzos, gabapentin, pregabalin etc...

PINKoPANaTHER- funny .... I'm getting off the benzos now, I got off the Gabapentin and now I'm on pregabalin for post - op neuropathy.
I come from a long line of alcoholics. I had extensive blood tests done while I was still drinking (for a life insurance policy). I even drank the night before the test and everything came back completely normal. I even qualified for an extra discount for my good health. That was after at least 8 years of 15 to 20 drinks a day minimum.

Also... The Baclofen was a little different for me than something like Suboxone. Shortly after I started taking it, I just felt bored with the thought of drinking alcohol. Then I could drink and get only the bad effects from the booze(headaches, acidic stomache, tired, etc). I can't get drunk AT ALL. It's very strange to take 6 shots of tequila on an empty stomache after not drinking for months and feel nothing.

I drank all day, everyday, every chance I got for over 15 years. After a 28 day rehab I was prescribed baclofen 20 mg 3 times a day and haven't had a drink in 2 years. Baclofen is, without a doubt, the single most important and effective treatment intervention I have ever experienced.

Baclofen helped me avoid withdrawals from taking 50-60mg a day of Vicodin for 5 years! I have Degenerative Back Joint Disease and my doctor refuses to refill my pain meds anymore because of the FEDs being ridiculous about narcotics. He prescribed Baclofen and it seems to help.

Oh btw, baclofen has WEIRD pharmacokinetics in some people. There are those who cannot get an effect taking it by mouth but who do via the intrathecal route via spinal pump but strangely enough the opposite is known to happen too
people that get no effects at any dose via the spinal route, and who DO via oral administration. Odd or what.

I think I myself might be an oral non-responder, as I just don't see anything happening at all, even when I tried handfuls of the stuff years ago, literally, handfuls of the 10mg tabs. NOTHING whatsoever.would have had more happen from consuming a sugary food, or a single low alcohol beer even. But I've also witnessed an attempted suicide by someone with quite a lot less, and it FLATTENED them, they were barely able to speak, couldn't get up off the bed, was alright in the end (worse the fucking luck in that particular case!)

Can anyone please pm me their story with regards with baclofen or pm me their emailadress, im trying to document all information togheter, anecdotes, scientific information, blooks etc to spread around helpgroups, drugworkers and online.