• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Chicken Pox and Cannabis

Hoes call me santa

Bluelighter
Hello everyone. Just telling you already, this thread is not asking if a child should smoke pot while having chicken pox, since usually children get it.

I'm now 17 years old, never had chicken pox before. I was supposed to go to nyc with my school yesterday, but I realised i had it like 6 hours before departue :'(.

I went to the doctor (hurray for 10 hours of waiting) and i have chicken pox, but have no complications whatso ever (he inspected my breathing and my lungs).

Now i'm a little bit depressed because I was expecting a lot from this trip, as it was the last one with high school... And I have to stay all week end long at home and it's really sunny outside because I am contagious.

I was wondering if it would be ok for me to smoke weed? I know this might be kind of a hard question to answer because I doubt there are alot of info about this as children usually get it. The only thing I could think about is that I would scratch without really noticing, but I have quite a tolerance, so i'm not stonned out of my world lol.

Any advices would be great. Thanks!

Sorry to hear you can't go on your field trip to NYC :(..

I don't know if you will be able to smoke pot while you have the chicken pox( I can't see why not.. )

I didn't get the chicken pox until I was 14.. I cant tell you had bad it is going to suck for you.... I was in hell for about 2 weeks and I couldn't go anywhere!!! It is way worse for a person your age then say a 4 year old..

Good luck with the pox man!

I forgot to mention I had the vaccine like 10 years ago... but it seems it is only good for 4 to 7 years... but they didn't call me back to vaccine me again -_-.

I was also prescribed Mylan Acyclovir 800 mg 4 times a day for 5 days. I think to lower the effects of the pox.

But since I had the vaccine, the doctor said I was more likely to get lower effects of the pox.

I don't think I went on a single goddamn field trip in high school, nor do I believe that any were organized.

Regardless, I'd probably avoid smoking whilst fighting off the chicken pox. I had mine when I was like 4 or 5 so I can't really sympathize. I just avoid smoking or any kind of unhealthy behavior while I'm sick. Vaping might be alright though.

Of course I'm no expert and this is just my opinion based on personal experience.

Ima experience it tonight probably... Will drink plenty of liquids and try to keep myself as healthy as possible...

Will reply back after ;)

I would definitely be careful. Smoking anything weakens your body's immune system, not to any major extent but it definitely slows down progress to getting better.

I smoked once yesterday from my bong and I feel just fine. The pox seemed to diminuish actually and it kept away the itching for a good 2-3 hours !

man if i had gotten high when i had the chicken pox all i would have been able to think about was how bad the motherfucking itch was and scratched the shit out of myself.

radvancan wants to say you that they allow 5 cannabis plants without fear of going to prison, but if you have more than 15 grams of dried cannabis youre potential criminal, so here you have it hahahahaahahaha

think about it

Heya...
i just wanna know if it's ok to take a chicken pox vaccination if I still have marijuana in my system?

I smoked weed yesterday and im supposed to take CP vaccine today...will there be any side effects?

Heya...
i just wanna know if it's ok to take a chicken pox vaccination if I still have marijuana in my system?

I smoked weed yesterday and im supposed to take CP vaccine today...will there be any side effects?

you should be fine