• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DO benzos REALLY potentiate the "euphoria" of opioids

Benzo's and opiates are a fun mix for me since while on opiates I find myself getting minor mood swings and get irritable alot. Benzos fix that and the extra sedation adds to the nod which is great. Of course I only mix xanax with opiates sometimes because it isn't remotely fun on it's own compared to every other benzo I've tried.

Promethazine sucks.

Try meclizine, or cyclizine. Both are over the counter, I prefer cyclizine, it's expensive, and it behind the counter because of abuse with opiate/opioids.

....Anyway, I use Temazepam sparingly with oxycodone.

The benzo has to be a euphoric one for this combo to be good, or you are just nodding with nothing.

ugh. why do all the stupid threads get the most attention?

no. they make the nod better, and unless you got temaz, xan, or klon forget it. Dumb.

haha, damn, diva. and your preference in benzos is subjective, just like everyone elses. a lot of people would say kpin's recreational value is only slightly higher than an after coffee mint.

I'm scripted benzos so I take them daily as prescribed, I'm not prescribed opiates at the moment but I use poppy pods daily. I do think that the minimal amount of Klonopin I'm on combined with opiates is ideal for me and does increase the euphoria and overall enjoyment of the experience for me. However I can't be completely objective about this cuz I've been on benzos daily for years, if I don't have the minimal amount of klonopin daily I'll be in withdrawal and nothing is enjoyable.

I used to love to mix vicodin and alcohol and xanax but these days I just feel overmedicated if I do that. I've learned over the years that less is more for me, my mind gets too cloudy if I'm on too many things at once. Who knows, if I didn't have anxiety/depression issues it's possible that I wouldn't find any of these things enjoyable.

Anyway, I love the opiate high and don't like to add too much to it, it's just about perfect as it is as far as I'm concerned, I do like a little klonopin with my opiates and sometimes some coffee or ritalin but not too much cuz it overpowers the opiate high if I overdo it. I really only like to nod when I have nothing left to do for the day, I like being productive. Sorry for this scattered answer.

i wouldnt say its more euphoric, i would say its more relaxing, which is nice. got some great sleep with the benzo (ive only tried it with xanax) opiods combo. i used to combine oxy with lunesta and i found that very enjoyable.

I know there was this girl at the methadone clinic when I was there. She would always take a bunch of motion sickness pills before her dose to make sure she got 'buzzed' off the dose. She told me that benzo's work best but since they did random UA's the motion sickness stuff worked exactly the same.
I dont know why people keep looking for a methadone buzz...........it aint gonna happen and IMO it defeats the purpose of being on Methadone.

Promethazine sucks.

Try meclizine, or cyclizine. Both are over the counter, I prefer cyclizine, it's expensive, and it behind the counter because of abuse with opiate/opioids.

Hmmm...always rated prometh as the best OTC antihistamine, beats diphenhydramine anyway...

So these two are superior in your opinion...might give em a go. Cyclizine, only brand name I could find for it is Valoid (you are UK-based yes?)

Other one,meclizine seems to come under a more varied group of brand names (bonine, antivert, postafen). Is cycline harder to come by?

*edit *no you're not UK-based I see. Are these drugs OTC in the UK do you know? Promethazine is whereas its prescription only stateside right?

Hmmm...always rated prometh as the best OTC antihistamine, beats diphenhydramine anyway...

So these two are superior in your opinion...might give em a go. Cyclizine, only brand name I could find for it is Valoid (you are UK-based yes?)

Other one,meclizine seems to come under a more varied group of brand names (bonine, antivert, postafen). Is cycline harder to come by?

*edit *no you're not UK-based I see. Are these drugs OTC in the UK do you know? Promethazine is whereas its prescription only stateside right?

Yeah, promethazine is only prescription here.
Promethazine sucks, as it can be much like Thorazine (anti-psychotic)in high enough doses, cutting off half of the euphoria, at the same time increasing analgesia. Any antihistamine drug with dopamine blocking properties make the "high" lackluster and the analgesia and nausea will be improved.

P.M. me for further discussion on this, as we are throwing the thread off topic. Thanks.

To agree with last post, promethazine i found far superior to xanax or vals. I used to dose 40-50mg of xanax with 130mg methadone but i wouldn't feel good. Just out of it, and did some silly shit on that stuff, ie. driving while not giving a f*ck about others lives. I agree with an early post, they don't potentiate, they just add sedation. I'm lucky i have a huge natural tollerence to benzos, cause i should be dead now. Plus seizures from xanax w/d are f*cked up. And yes i've tried many other in combo from o/c, to H. I enjoy opiates more without xanax. Thats just me though. Peace and don't try that dose. Many people die from the combo.

40-50mg of xanax ? ! (nath6023) That doesn't even sound possible w/o something horrible happening (esp with methadone). Are you sure it wasn't valium !? Jesus. Yes, you ARE lucky ( I guess...haha) that you have a gigantic tolerance. That's just ridiculous.

Regarding the question : I prefer my opiates alone. If I mix, I like to do a pharm. speedball and mix w/ adderall. Then again, I'm an opiate addict so I just take the opiates to get rid of w/d's and use the upper to feel 'good'.

I just take benzos for sleeping or anxiety attacks; never for fun. My answer is 'no'.

Temazepam and opiates is great I've found. Always stay safe though. I take near the peak, and I only need like 10mg's to get me to where I want to be. I'm easy to please though ;)

Sorry for the late post about something earlier, but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaV
It slows the metabolism of the drugs, allowing for there to be more time for your body to absorb the drug, allowing for an increased absorption

At least I think that's how it works. Not trying to pretend I actually know the specifics behind this stuff. All I know (from personal experience) is that grapefruit juice adds slightly to the strength of the high.

No, the absorption stays the same. The liver just doesn't break it down as fast, not increasing the amount but prolonging the time it is in the blood stream.

Actually this isn't true. There is a hellofalot of CYP3A4 in the small intestine that breaks down its substrates as they enter the body (first-pass metabolism). Sorry, thought that shouldn't go uncorrected. CYP3A4 inhibition causes greater absorption (obviously excluding IV) and less metabolism of said drug.

Oooo so I was right? Neat! Coulda fooled me haha.

Funny, I originally clicked on this thread to post something like "Whyyy is this thread still going on".

EDIT: and by "right", I know that I was actually way off with my reasoning, but right with my conclusion.