• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what is th best way to take methadone(to potentate it) oral or iv

2pac2020

Greenlighter
i've been on methadone for the last 6 months so i was just wondering what would make the methadone most potent taking it oral or iv'n it(i also tried that)
i should also mention that i'm curently on 22 pills pf methadone(one pill contains 2.5 mg of methadone) so that woud be in total of 55 mg of methadone
so if anyone can help me and say what is the best way to potent the methadone i would gladly appreciate
thx in advance:X

Methadone is quite useless via IV injection as it doesn't produce a rush..
Also.. if you don't have micron filters you're going to FUCK yourself up IVing that much bullshit.

I would suggest plugging the 'done. I've done this numerous times and observed a much faster come on (about 45 minutes compared to 1-1.5hrs orally).
As for potentiation.. Diphenhydramine or some similar type of antihistamine will potentiate your dose.. but don't go overboard as high doses of AH's can bring on a state of delirium.

So- Don't IV.. Try plugging or Try taking it orally with an antihistamine. You could also pop a few Benadryl before you plug your dose.

Oh.. just realized you said you've been on it for 6 months.. you don't really have much of a chance of feeling your dose as your tolerance is going to be too high to feel it. I guess you could also try upping your dose by 10-20mgs?

I will only take methadone pills one way, I take them sublingually. Let them dissolve under the tongue.

honestly, after 6 months, methadone doesn't get you high anymore and there isn't much you can do about it except increasing your dose, and I'd stronnngly recommend against increasing dose. I increased mine for the sake of feeling it more a while back and now that I'm tapering, it wasn't worth the mild euphoria it gave me for the short bit of time.

You're better off to just take sabbaticals from methadone from time to time, going back to your drug of choice, if you really miss the opiate high, IMO.

The only thing you can do with methadone is to take a benzo with it and all that will do is make you sleepy anyway. Methadone is fine the first day you take it, but after that it is just an uphill tolerance nightmare. If you take it right, you will feel "normal" and be able to function. Once you start trying to take more to get high, believe me it is just going to eat your supply it won't get you high no matter how much you take. Plus you run the risk of OD depending on your tolerance and how long you have been on it. Methadone is so hard to come off of and it has to be the worst of any opiate I've ever taken to get out of your system.

Methadone is quite useless via IV injection as it doesn't produce a rush..
Also.. if you don't have micron filters you're going to FUCK yourself up IVing that much bullshit.

I would suggest plugging the 'done. I've done this numerous times and observed a much faster come on (about 45 minutes compared to 1-1.5hrs orally).
As for potentiation.. Diphenhydramine or some similar type of antihistamine will potentiate your dose.. but don't go overboard as high doses of AH's can bring on a state of delirium.

So- Don't IV.. Try plugging or Try taking it orally with an antihistamine. You could also pop a few Benadryl before you plug your dose.

Oh.. just realized you said you've been on it for 6 months.. you don't really have much of a chance of feeling your dose as your tolerance is going to be too high to feel it. I guess you could also try upping your dose by 10-20mgs?

+1

You're going to have to up your dose a little bit to feel it (and alot of people dont get very high from methadone when they're taking it daily anyway, even after upping the dose).

But to increase the BA a bit, you could plug it. You don't want to snort it because its an extremely painful process, and you don't want to IV it for the aforementioned reasons.

Benadryl should potentiate it, and also I've had some pretty good success taking Cat's Claw supplement an hour beforehand, or DLPA, both of which I believe are sold in health food stores.

whatever you do, do NOT snort it. i made that mistake years ago, and i have to tell you, it was easily one of the worst experences of my life. it literally felt like i had snorted shards of glass. i dropped to the floor screaming with my brother laughing at me. that shit is no joke, worse then snorting meth =/

be careful on redosing on methadone. it takes a long time to come up as baybex has said. a lot of people make the mistake of redosing to early and end up falling out on it. the majority of my friends have actually ended up dying on a combo of benzos and methadone, so be really careful if you plan on munching on xanax while your on um.

This has been covered many many times before, but for the sake of HR, I won't close it. I will, however, move it to Basic Drug Discussion.

OD ----> BDD

Never IV oral methadone. Have you checked out the Case Studies thread in OD? It is "stuck" to the top of the page.

(one pill contains 2.5 mg of methadone

Where are you at that you can get 2.5mg methadone pills.
Never heard of that formulation, been on 'done (MMT) for
7yrs. now - just curious.

Where are you at that you can get 2.5mg methadone pills.
Never heard of that formulation, been on 'done (MMT) for
7yrs. now - just curious.

I'd like to know that too. I've only had them in the 10mg tablet or the liquid form from the clinic, which I quickly switched to the 40mg disks or wafers as some like to call them.

^ I wish my clinic offered wafers. The dispersable tablets are far superior to the oral concentrate but nobody with any authority has the balls to step up and admit it.

Anybody remember ORLAAM? My current clinic used to dispense LAAM or methadone, you could choose. I guess the shit was way better than the methadone, but they stopped offering it several years ago

^ I wish my clinic offered wafers. The dispersable tablets are far superior to the oral concentrate but nobody with any authority has the balls to step up and admit it.

Anybody remember ORLAAM? My current clinic used to dispense LAAM or methadone, you could choose. I guess the shit was way better than the methadone, but they stopped offering it several years ago

I remember them talking about that LAAM at the clinic. It must have been taken away sometime before 2000 I guess because it wasn't available when I began MMT. I'm really surprised your clinic doesn't offer the wafers? When I was on MMT, I was at clinics in three different states in the southeast (because I moved a lot then) and all offered it. Have you checked with other clinics in your area?

Ya my clinic doesnt offer wafers either, Just sweetened (red) 10mg/ml
solution. I would swich to wafers if my clinic started dispensing them
immediatly. I get Bi-weekly takehomes and have read clinics in some
states dont add any water to the T/H wafers (diversion prevention).
That would be GREAT. Get a couple bottles of dry wafers to cover my 130mg.
dose for 13 days. IM DREAMIN!