• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe IV Buprenorphine/Antihistamine FAQ v. Back From The Dead

You can stop man, really, try rectal administration, it has all the pro's of IV Bupe, but none of the cons.

Yeah seriously.. what are you getting from IV bupe that is so awesome to make it worth destroying your veins? It's never been worth it to me or anybody I knew.. You're killing your veins for a barley existing high.

I dont get anything from iv bupe, its the iv diphen that's fuckin with me, it really isn't worth it all but the "rush" I get from it is great but only for a minute. I know its really stupid but I have stopped for a few days now. And I've plugged my subs twice so far. I Just used a half cc insulin syringe with the needle ripped out. Its a weird process but I think I'm doing it right, I just don't know if its leaking out or not.

Thanks for the feedback guys I'm doing this one day at a time. I know banging dipehn is rediculous, but not getting high at all kills me right now, my living sittuATION blows and me n my girl aren't on good terms. Its the same thing every day, so banging the diphen quickly caught up with me and I did it for longer then I thought. I can't even smoke weed it gives me really bad anxiety, If anyone could tell me if it sounds like my plugging process is good or bad id appreciate it.

-yonkies

Last edited:
Hey just checking back. I know i probably shouldve made my own thread but im rather new and didnt know if it'd be merged in with this one. I havnt done any diph iv for about 8 days now (longest time since i started doing it). I feel no need to and i have some bumps and numbing at some places where ive done it.

Im very glad i stopped when i did, although i did it quite alot for about a month give or take a week. I have a little bump on my forearm. Its been numb for a week or two, but its still noticeable. No i have not went to the ER about it, im figuring its nerve damage but im setting an appointment with a normal doctor soon. Only because I dont want to rush to the ER and make my parents not trust me and think im a junkie/fool all over again.
I think im alrite (knock on wood) But theres no way im doing this again. Realizing how dangerous it is and not even feeling that great off of it turned me off for good. I probably sound like an idiot but I could deffently say that i am an addict, so it wasn't hard to fall into this distructive mini addiction, which could scar me for life. I hope not but just saying that talking to a few of you on this thread helped tremendously and i thank you for that. I knew it was bad but i had to break the habbit before I permanently fucked my self. So again THANK YOU.

Other depressed/"dont know what to do" addicts, please don't do this to yourself, which I'm sure most of you are smart enough not to. It is JUST NOT WORTH IT. Really

I'm glad to hear you quit shooting the diphenhydramine man.

I suggest you focus on making changes in your home life situation, which isn't always easy but will always be rewarding and worth it in the end.

I want to try this. I'm going to try to pick up some sleepinal 50mg tabs tomorrow. I occasionally inject my suboxone but it doesn't really do much at 2 mg. I feel a slight pleasant feeling and warmth but it's nothing like oxy or dope. is the difference really that pronounced with diphenhydramine? and does it last?

A lowered tolerance with 1-2 properly administered Buprenex shots can be pretty amazing -
(just my own experience many a year ago when my Mexican Dr. understood my situation)

Ok so I picked up caps called "allergy" antihistamine in a pink box. Couldn't find sleepinal and the Benadryl was all pills or gel caps. There's no discernible brand so I think they are just generics. Got them at a store that's name consists of numbers, not sure if it's sourcing if it's an OTC med, but I'll leave it at that to play it safe.

So anyways does anyone know if these are usable? It's only 25mg so I might need two. They seem like they have a lot of inactives including some stuff called titanium oxide, colloidal silicon dioxide (probs the casing), microcrystalline cellulose. Those were just the interesting sounding ones.

So any thought?

Ive done the Suboxone/DPH IV combo a few times now but had to stop doing this because it seems like i blow a vein EVERY time I do it, probably because of DPH's corrosive nature. Instead i take the diphen orally, about 100mg at least 1hr before my IV suboxone. If i time this right i still get a rush!! Is there some pharmacological reason behind why im still getting the rush even though i take the DPH orally? Or is it just in my head?

Ive done the Suboxone/DPH IV combo a few times now but had to stop doing this because it seems like i blow a vein EVERY time I do it, probably because of DPH's corrosive nature. Instead i take the diphen orally, about 100mg at least 1hr before my IV suboxone. If i time this right i still get a rush!! Is there some pharmacological reason behind why im still getting the rush even though i take the DPH orally? Or is it just in my head?

The presence of the antihistamine makes the Suboxone more sedating. Taken orally also works well when taken before the Suboxone. :)

Antihistamines are kind of corrosive to veins so I don't suggest IVing them at all.

so I got the sleepinal, really surprised how easily they dissolve in water, and effortlessly went into my rig without clogging it. when I did it I had already done bupe 3 hours earlier but I was surprised by the effects, nothing like h or oxy but I definitely felt more relaxed than if I just did subs.

would 100mg dph be too much? I'm gonna dose again before bed and want to be the most fucked up possible from these drugs,. I would prep one sleepinal, get it in my rig, then repeat the process with the same water. I only have .5 ml syringes and I was surprised that an entire sleepinal capsule dissolved in 40 units of water and wasn't completely mushy. its almost like these people want to sell a product thats good for i.v.

Yes you can overdo antihistamines. Diphenhydramine can cause delirium like symptoms at an overdose level.

Ive experienced this effect before, when i was a freshman in highschool me and a friend decided to take 300 mg of dxm and 300 of dph. We had out of body experiences,

An hour ago i did 2 mg of bupe and 50 of dph. I find that suboxone doesnt prep as well woth dph n the mix. With a small needke im lucky to get 30 units out of 50. I did one an hour ago and was really disappointed. I used a larger half inch 29 guage needle and prepped another one because of how unhigh i was and efforytlessly got 45 units back by the end. Does any one else notice this effect? The needle clogs more when your sucking up the sub than the sleepinal. The second one hit me and im feeling noddy and completely relaxed.

Is the sleepinal saturating the mix so when you dissolve the bupe less of it gets dissolved? Any ways m gonna switch back to sublingual soon since i cant keep doing this. Next time i do h im mixing a sleepinal in there. I told my friend about it and he got a box and says it goes really good with h.

Please only try that experiment once man, that is just plain fuckin awful for your veins. Especially without a micron filter man it's just not worth it. Why not save your veins and shoot some dope? Your taking subs so you can stop gettin high

I sometimes mix 25mg of promethazine HCl in with 2-6mg of bupe. Prep the Suboxone first and use the solution to mull up the promethazine, run it through a wheel filter (please don't inject OTC antihistamines without micron filtering the mix, its just dumb) and whack it up.

To be honest it really isn't that much better, especially with bupe being a pretty subtle feeling drug when IV'd, the potentiation is pretty hard to notice. Even if I take a dose orally 40 minutes beforehand it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I have also done this with heroin, methadone, morphine and oxycodone and overall I personally find antihistamines over rated when used to potentiate opiates. Though some people swear by them.

A. <3

I honestly think that injecting antihistamines, even when using a micron filter (this especially goes for Promethazine which is very dangerous to inject. In fact, the hospital grade ampoules have a black box warning from the FDA.

Promethazine should neither be administered into an artery nor administered under the skin because of the risk of severe tissue injury, including gangrene, the boxed warning says. There is also a risk that the drug can leach out from the vein during intravenous administration and cause serious damage to the surrounding tissue.
FDA[/soze]

I mean, let's face it guys... Antihistamines just don't provide a rush that is even remotely close to euphoric and adds little to the IV buprenorphine.

I always preferred those lovely Prometh IV push bolus 25mg shots to take the edge off the nausea behind whatever ailment brought me there. I always noticed a nice rush from it and they usually gave it prior to the opioid. I always felt prometh followed by zofran was a kick azz combo. No iv zofran rush tho ime! Last taste I had of prometh was infusion bag into iv. Sucked balls.

I can reminisce now but fuck I hate hate hate nausea. The uncontrolled stuff from x, y, z ailment. Last kidney stone I begged for the Zofran first bc it was soo bad. Then it was straight to hydroM. Legit kidney stones btw. I get them 1-2x yearly.

Anyway. Zofran is a better antiemetic for the acute stage but if it goes chronic, give me prometh. Ime.

a friend of mine stopped using bupe/dph shots. one night he lost track of how many he took and while there were clear nodding effects, there were also plenty of waking dream effects as well. such as imagining doing a google search and them coming to and realizing that they hadnt even gone to google.

my friend once tried hydrox/bupe and it didnt really do much, however im not sure if 50 mg is enough, i think hes going to give up entirely on antihistamines and bupe iv. hopefully switch back to just plain intrarectal soon. the only real relief of bupe iv is getting well fast in the morning and getting by on such low doses.

a friend of mine stopped using bupe/dph shots. one night he lost track of how many he took and while there were clear nodding effects, there were also plenty of waking dream effects as well. such as imagining doing a google search and them coming to and realizing that they hadnt even gone to google.

my friend once tried hydrox/bupe and it didnt really do much, however im not sure if 50 mg is enough, i think hes going to give up entirely on antihistamines and bupe iv. hopefully switch back to just plain intrarectal soon. the only real relief of bupe iv is getting well fast in the morning and getting by on such low doses.

holy shit 50mg of hydroxyzine is TOO MUCH!

If you are getting the hydroxyzine pamoate capsules, do NOT IV these; it is not water soluble.

If you are getting the hydroxyzine hcl tablets, you still shouldn't IV these; but they are water soluble, and hence can be micron filtered for injection.

The reason why you still shouldn't IV them: the drug hydroxyzine is caustic to the vein when injected; if you do too much in a shot you can collapse a vein. For this reason it's best not to inject antihistamines into a vein; if you do, choose a large vein, not a tiny one. If you miss any bit of the shot, it will definitely sting and increase the likelihood of a collapsed vein.

yeah dph is pretty gnarly on veins, for such little return. was hoping to unlock some secret bupe powers but all i got was an antihistamine rush
and itw as the hydroxizine in gel caps with yellow powder. and i guess it was 25 mg (i thought 50 for some reason) im pretty sure iwas only able to get half of that 25 or maybe less due to the wonky double cotton filter (Shame shame i know)

no more iv histamines unless its dr prescribed