• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe IV Buprenorphine/Antihistamine FAQ v. Back From The Dead

Naloxone - the opiate antagonist in Suboxone - is known to cause headaches. You could ask your doctor to switch you to Subutex - buprenorphine only - if the headaches are that bad. It's quite common for doctors to switch patients because of these headaches.

Did you get these headaches before taking the Suboxone?

Good point. I got bad headaches while on suboxone and asked my doc to swithc me to subutex (which he did). The headaches went away as soon as I switch so its safe to say the naloxone was to blame.
Also, because subutex has gone generic (and suboxone has not), subutex has become much cheaper which is another great reason to get your doc to switch you.-DG

ok to clarify I was reading the first post in this forum and it says "IVing buprenorphine within 36 hours of your last dose of the full agonist will cause precipitated withdrawals." So.. is this true? is this statement for people who haven't had any yet and percusionarily they should wait 36 hours before there first dose of bupe? the last full opiate I had was I.V. Oxycodone at about 7 am yesterday. it is 2:30 pm today so it has been about 31 hours. and I had a small dose of bupe about 1 mg this morning at about 7 am.

So the base question is, if I was to I.V. bupe now, would I still go into p/w even with the above data since it has been less than "36 hours"?

I've done IV oxycodone (and a separate time, IV hydromorphone) and within 6-8 hours used IV buprenorphine to good effect.

I think you felt nothing because the oxycodone increased your tolerance a bit.

Buprenorphine is a very weird drug. That's my favorite thing about it, though. It always makes for some interesting discussions, and we seem to always be learning something about it, but sometimes it's almost impossible to give someone an answer when they ask a question about it, or explain why it did/didn't do something when it should/shouldn't have.

I totally agree here. I'm prescribed it, but I keep expiramenting with it. I know it's capable of giving a great high (I've experienced that before with no tolerance) so I'm trying to get there again.

Well it is good to know that the headaches are normal. I always have gotten extremely severe migraines where I vomit bile for about 12 hours. Normally I end up in the er if my IM imetrex doesn't take care of it. The headaches I was getting on the suboxone were different tho, much more mild and annoying, no vomiting or inability to move or speak or see any kind of light. But they suboxone isn't scripted to me. I was just terrible this month as always and I ran out of meds early. I will be getting my opana i.r and patches back on Wednesday so I just need to hold out a bit longer! thank you so much everyone! you thoughts are much appreciated!!!

IV Suboxone?

i was reading another thread and have heard it mentioned before but i have never seen it done myself.

can u inject suboxone and will it give u a rush?

i take it everyday about 6-8mg but i usually take it sublingually...e

i DID search on these forums with no results which is annoying....if someone has a link i would appreciate it.

ive heard the nalaxone doesnt do anything because of the bupes insane affinity?>

how much would i need to inject to get a decent rush and subsequent buzz?

thanks

There is a Mega Thread for this topic, if you look in the OD Directory link at the top of the OD forum you should find the link.

i did look and i searched, but i could not the info i was looking for...im looking through it again right now ill delete this if i do, thanks man

some people get a rush and some dont. I shoot mine every day, and I would describe it as a half-rush. don't expect anything close to heroin though.

ok apparently u can inject suboxone but how? is there a certain method to the madness? and if i take between 4-8mg of suboxone a day, how much would i need to IV to produce any sort of a rush/buzz?

thanks

some people get a rush and some dont. I shoot mine every day, and I would describe it as a half-rush. don't expect anything close to heroin though.

how much do u do? how much do u think i should do and what is your method for preparing a shot?

heat/no heat, how much water, etc....

thanks man

I think Captain Heroin has a thread on this, go into the directory and look for the thread on micron filtering because he uses subs as an example, except instead of storing it in a vial at the end in your case you probably want to unload that baby into your veins.

On the first page of this forum, there is a huge thread called Suboxone/Bupe Mega Thread, check it out.

Yes i't very easy to IV suboxone, and many of the forum members do so. You would only need a small fraction of your sublingual dose to reach the desired effects. I don't shoot mine, I snort it (better BA%) but all the info you need will be in there. You should use micron filter, which are available all over the web for sale, but it comes down to just disolving your subs into water & injecting.

k i will look into it but i definately dont have microns....znegative do u use them?

thanks

On the first page of this forum, there is a huge thread called Suboxone/Bupe Mega Thread, check it out.

Yes i't very easy to IV suboxone, and many of the forum members do so. You would only need a small fraction of your sublingual dose to reach the desired effects. I don't shoot mine, I snort it (better BA%) but all the info you need will be in there. You should use micron filter, which are available all over the web for sale, but it comes down to just disolving your subs into water & injecting.

thanks man, i definately searched AND read over the thread....there was only a few posts here and there about it and it was mostly talking about peoples personal doses. i have been on these forums for almost 7 years(2 years before i registered this one).......i know to search first.

i have no problem with u guys deleting or merging this thread after i get my answers. or i will delete it myself.

thanks

na man, I dont use them, but its recomended too. If I had ANY money, it would be the first thing I'd invest in. If you're doing 6-8 mg a day, I would only I.V a total of 2 mg a day. split them up into 1 mg or .5 shots. I know it seems like a miniscule amount, but the duration of I.V buprenorphine is much shorter, so you'll be needing to redose a couple times a day, and you don't want to raise your tolerance. I also advise tapering. I only I.V a maximum of 1 mg a day, and I get a much better effect from the bupe now than I used to.

thanks a TON moderator....however i must point out that somehow if u type IV suboxone into the search engine, it fails to bring up this thread/section of the MEGA thread....please excuse my ignorance as ive been away from bluelight for some years now and just came back.

man this place is great....i post an important question and within 30 miinutes i have a FULL answer.

THANKS

I think I understand what you are asking.
If you have already taken bupe this morning and had no precip WD, then you would be fine to IV it later in the day without worry of getting precip WD.

If u are going to IV bupe though, you really really should be micron filtering your pills. Many ppl think IV bupe isn't worth it. Im not going to debate that now, but what I will say is that it is CERTAINLY not worth the risk if you are not going to micron filter it (because there is a great deal of risk and very little reward).

BTW, some of your spelling is so far off, to the point of hilarity.
"Percusionarily"?? I assume you meant "precautionarily"...as in "to take a precaution".
"Percusionarily" sounds like something you do in order to create some sort of drum beat.;)

Im just messing with ya man:)-DG

Yeah, the hydroxyzine really should be micron filtered. That's really important IMO, there are tons of crappy inactives in Atarax. For Suboxone, it's also ideal to micron filter as well.

yah i was hoping it would help at least half as good as the meds I am supposed to be on currently but it's just giving me migraine, and I get REALLY bad ones. With an aura where its like I am trippen balls~ and if my I.M. sumatriptan doesn't take care of it, its to the er!

I think that it does give about half the analgesic relief of a comparative dose of full agonists (it's hard to compare bupe and full agonists dose wise, it varies a lot) but overall, it's very less euphoric for most people (which also varies per individuals weirdly enough).

That's a decent way to describe it. Some people will get more or less out of it for whatever reason. Some people never get anything like a rush out of it, others get a "half-rush" while some opiate naive people get a good rush out of it. Opiate tolerance is probably the #1 contributing factor to what it's going to feel like for you.

ok apparently u can inject suboxone but how? is there a certain method to the madness? and if i take between 4-8mg of suboxone a day, how much would i need to IV to produce any sort of a rush/buzz?

thanks

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622 - The method to the madness. ;)

Try 0.5mg or 1mg at the very most. What kind of effects do you get from 4 to 8mg of Suboxone sublingually per day? Good, just being "maintained", do you still feel nasty WD symptoms? etc.

how much do u do? how much do u think i should do and what is your method for preparing a shot?

heat/no heat, how much water, etc....

thanks man

If you're not going to micron filter, at least cotton filter.

You want to use a pill crusher (OTC at a pharmacy/grocery store) and a pill cutter (OTC at a pharmacy/grocery store too) to measure out 2mg, and then you can measure out smaller amounts by eyeing out the amounts of powder on a sterile surface. I would never recommend using more than 2mg in a shot, but I really do think 1mg is ideal for most people, if not less than that.

With the desired amount, you can put it in the spoon and add... 0.5 CC of water for every 0.5mg or 1mg (if you are going to use 2mg which I think is a bit much, then you want to use a full 1cc - for 1mg, use 60-75 units, for 0.5mg, use 50 units, for 0.25mg use 30 units).

Throw in your handy cotton ball, and pull the solution through. Use a proportionate amount of liquid per cotton (if you're using more than a qtip's head worth or one of those tiny exchange ball cottons, you want to use more water because some will get lost in the cotton).

*IDEALLY* you will clear your spoon out, sterilize it again. Push the solution back into the spoon; you are making sure nothing is clogging the needle tip. Then you can pull it back into the syringe once more, if you want to, you can cotton filter again if the solution did not come out in a straight line (indicating something got through the cotton but is still clogging the needle).

You can do that a few times as desired, but this is why I linked you to the micron filtering mega thread. In one year I estimated I spent four days of that year prepping shots. Micron filtering saves you time and is much healthier IMO. But do as you will, at the very least, please cotton filter. :)

Last edited:
thanks a TON moderator....however i must point out that somehow if u type IV suboxone into the search engine, it fails to bring up this thread/section of the MEGA thread....please excuse my ignorance as ive been away from bluelight for some years now and just came back.

THANKS

no problems, man. and thanks for pointing out the bolded part, the link is incorrect in the directory so i'll fix it now:)

When I start to get close to my 2nd sub dose of the day I get a runny nose like this, or when I get a cold I get a runny nose like this but since I started IV'ing my sub I get a runny nose like no other! BTW I have run out of micron filters and have been using cig cotton with a triple/quad filter method. I lose about 5-10cc with this method but it comes out almost clear in the end. I really am trying to work my way down to 1mg/time. I dont undderstand how when I got a vial of buprenex 4 yrs ago .3mg floored me and I thought I was oding. Now im using 2mg and barely maintain. Tolerance I guess. I goto my DR. tmrw for a hydroxyzine/soma or flexeril (whatever she feels like rxing this visit) refill tmrw.

Last edited: