• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Why am I always looking for more?

BrahamCracker

Bluelighter
I am never happy. I always feel behind or out of the loop. I need to make more money and need to find better looking women. I really just wish I could be happy with what I have, which is better than a lot of people. I always need to feel like the best, or it makes me more depressed...

Anybody understand?

U and half the human race bro. Personally, I have been through too much shit to get on that rat race. I just need enough money to live. Thats it. I don't care what the fucking Jones think of me. They can suck my mothafuckin :p

As far as why? I think that people need to feel good about themselves and they look to material goods because they are spiritually dead.

The title of this thread sums up my drug use completely.

Sober not by choice is the way I am lately. Well , 24 hours.

Lost two of my best links. Not going to be high anytime soon but I feel as if I'm always looking, and it always on the back of my mind. Which means only one thing, I haven't resolve any of the issues that makes me want to use in the first place.

Welcome to humanity are you enjoying your stay? :D

But seriously ive been there a million times and will be again. It's just natural. Very few people in this life are satisfied with what they got.

I am never happy. I always feel behind or out of the loop. I need to make more money and need to find better looking women. I really just wish I could be happy with what I have, which is better than a lot of people. I always need to feel like the best, or it makes me more depressed...

Anybody understand?

Yea. You're searching for yourself and the things you already have because you haven't learned to just appreciate life for what it is, so you perpetually chase the cheese like the hamster on a spinning wheel, thinking that if only you had this or that you'd finally be happy.. never realizing that being happy is a choice, not something that just happens & not a permanent state of mind

Life is simply what you make of it. If you don't accept it for what it is, you'll never experience happiness.. even tho happiness is transient like any other emotion anyway

G

There's nothing wrong with setting new goals, small or lofty, and working to attain them. I don't know about you, but it keeps me sane.

As a few posters have already said, you're cetainly not alone. Probably 99% of the population feel like this. I would say take a deep breath and look at the things you do have, but of course that's exactly what you've just said you find it difficult to do. So I'll try another angle. If you actually had everything you wanted, the beautiful girl, the house, the car, whatever... what would there be left to live for? That fact that you'll always want more than you have is a great motivator.

It seems a better situation to be in than the really unlucky people on this site who - through depression, comedown or something else - have no desire even to improve themselves materially. (If you can call it improvement.) Maybe you'll never be truly happy, but it at least sounds as if you're the type of person who is always going somewhere. Take pride in that.

It's human nature to want to better yourself, your situation, your job or your lovelife. Alot of people struggle this way until they come across the thing they've been waiting for and then it all clicks.

I hope it works for you and you find what it is you are looking for until you find the right balance for happiness.

U and half the human race bro. Personally, I have been through too much shit to get on that rat race. I just need enough money to live. Thats it. I don't care what the fucking Jones think of me. They can suck my mothafuckin :p

As far as why? I think that people need to feel good about themselves and they look to material goods because they are spiritually dead.

I agree 100%! We have been programmed to believe that more money,and more thing's will make us happy. Well I have been to the mountain and can readily say it does not! You end up only wanting more and more and more.

Great post Draigan!

I think everything can always be improved (to think otherwise is to become complacent), but not for the sake of out-doing anyone else or one-upping the next guy.....just living up to my own capabilities and their fullest possible potential....