Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

concussion and mdma

lollypops

Greenlighter
Hi,

I hit my head friday and had a minor concussion. I did not lose consciousness nor was there any bleeding. I worked the entire weekend but felt dizzy, and my head was hurting. I had trouble concentrating and my head felt fuzzy. I went to the doctor today and he said I had a minor concussion and told me to rest. He said it may take a week or two before I fully recover. I am supposed to roll this weekend, hadn't done so in a year and was wondering if it is ok?

Thanks,

If you're at all unsure, err on the side of safety. Personally I think you should wait until a doctor says you're perfectly healthy again. Safe whatever you were planning to take for another time when you're less likely to injure yourself.

A concussion is a potentially serious injury. Although the obvious symptoms may be gone in a week, that doesn't mean your brain has fully recovered. I would advise against drinking or taking any drugs this weekend, even if you feel OK.

I've smoked weed while concussed (3 days after a major concussion that landed me in the hospital for a night) and I'd even say that was a bad idea. Ecstasy may not be the same as weed but it still messes with your head, wait a couple weeks. Better safe than sorry.

Yeah don't do it, it's not worth the headache (literally). Wait until you're absolutely sure you're better, not just you think you are

I once rolled about 5 weeks after getting a subdural hematoma. That's bleeding on the brain in layman's terms. I rolled then because we were not going to have another opportunity for several months after that.
To err on the safe side we only took small doses (120 g) and did not top up.
The roll was nice but only moderately intense.
I fell asleep after 4 hours, when I was still rolling.
When I woke up I was down but vomited almost immediately.
Looking back it was not such a clever idea.

You know this is a bad idea. We know how badly you want to join in the fun & roll with your friends but you really ought to sit this one out. Sorry man.