• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone IR Mega Thread v2.0

sixpartseven

Bluelight Crew
Oxycontin Mega Thread v1.0 (closed;no posting)

Originally written by Lacey K

We see so many threads about this on here so I thought maybe a informative 'Whats the real deal' thread might be helpful. If it aint, mods do what it do. :) If a mod can think of a clearer or better title it would be cool tho, since I cant come up with a good one.

What Happened to Generic OxyContin? What is the update on the situation now?

In this thread I put the current status of all the generics at the end, so if that is what you are here for just scroll down. For the people who are confused about how it all happened and all that stuff , read on....Once Upon a Time, Purdue Pharma had a patent on OxyContin, and there was no generic pills. In 2005, the US court of appeals decided that Purdues patents on the pill were partially unenforcable, since they had lied and claimed that there was a special mechanism delivering the medication , which was un true. They said Purdue was illegally blocking manufacture of generics. This is when the whole circus started. Endo, Impax (Now distributed through Dava Pharma), Watson/IVAX, and TEVA were the main generic brands. Im sure there might have been other ones but its hard to get that info.

-Endos had the E7XX stamp on them. (E702, E703, E705, and E710 for 10 20 40 and 80 respectively.)

-Impax had the G16X stamp on them. (G161, G162, G163, G164 for 10 20 40 and 80. These were the white 10s, pink 20s, purple 40s, and orange 80s. They were the only generics AFAIK that did not have the usual oxy colors of 10/white 20/pink 40/yellow and 80/green which is why I mentioned it.)

-TEVA was the first generic manufacturer and makes the "football" pills, ( Stamped with 93 on one side, and 24, 31, 32, 33 for 10 20 40 and 80.)

-Purdue (ABG's) manufactured the ABG stamp pills, with IVAX pharma originally bein the distributors, and then later Watson earned exclusive rights to be the marketers of the pills. Purdue made the pills and sold them to these 2 companies, with purdue makin a share of the profits from the distributing companies. (These were the most familiar stamped with ABG and 10 20 40 and 80)

-Purdue makes the brand name of course, and yall know what that looks like but just for continuity sake they say OC 10 20 40 and 80. (FYI, Purdue reversed the decision to stop making 160mg OC's and they are listed on the Purdue website as being a current product. Those 160's got stopped for a while after 2001 when the crazy OC publicity really started goin but are back in business now, tho I doubt any of us will see them, since they only get prescribed to 1% of OC patients.)

This went on for a while with all these pills bein available. Then, in 2006, Purdue kept appealing and eventually scared all the generic companies into shutting down, or coming to some kind of agreement to work on in the future.

Endo's were the first to go, and Purdue came to agreement with them that by December 31, 2006, they would stop selling all generic oxys. To read the whole official document (NSFW to save space and eye strain):
NSFW:
Purdue and Endo have now settled the patent infringement lawsuit between them that was pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. According to the agreement, Endo will stop selling infringing versions of OxyContin by the end of 2006. In exchange, Purdue Pharma will not pursue damages against Endo for Endo's past infringement of its OxyContin patents.Under the terms of the settlement agreement, Endo will no longer dispute that the Purdue Pharma OxyContin patents are valid, enforceable and infringed by Endo's extended-release oxycodone product. The parties also have agreed to propose to the Court a consent judgment holding that Endo is infringing the Purdue patents and prohibiting Endo from infringing sales after December 31, 2006.

Impax was next, but they didnt get totally shut down like Endo. They agreed that by June 14 of 2007 they would stop marketing their generic OCs, with a possible deal in the future that might allow them to continue making and marketing the pills. They had to stop by that date but may be still making pills, I could not find info about that situation I dont think they set the conditions yet. The whole announcement:
NSFW:
Purdue Pharma announced, on April 2, 2007, that it had reached a settlement ending the OxyContin® suit with IMPAX Laboratories. Under the terms of the settlement agreement, IMPAX acknowledges the validity and enforceability of the OxyContin® patents and concedes that IMPAX’ extended-release oxycodone products infringe Purdue’s patents. In return, Purdue agreed to cease pursuing damages against IMPAX for past infringement. Purdue, additionally, agreed to grant a license, which allows IMPAX to continue marketing its extended-release oxycodone products through June 14, 2007 with possible continued distribution rights in the future. The settlement agreement is presently being reviewed by federal antitrust authorities before being submitted to the federal district court for consent.

TEVAS are still in production right now, but must stop at a later date that they did not determine yet. Official statement:
NSFW:
Purdue Pharma L.P. of Stamford, Connecticut and Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. of North Wales, Pennsylvania have agreed to end their lawsuit concerning certain Purdue Pharma patents on OxyContin (oxycodone HCl controlled-release) Tablets. Under the terms of the settlement agreement, Teva will cease selling its infringing oxycodone products at a future date and Purdue Pharma will not pursue damages against Teva for past infringement. The settlement agreement is subject to certain contingencies, including review by the United States antitrust agencies and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

Purdue stopped selling the generic pills they manufactured to Watson to market and sell. The Watson does not list any generic OxyContin on its product list on its site, only generic percocet. I couldnt find a official statement that they did stop , but judgin by the Watson site, and a couple listings I see that say the status of ABG is DISCONTINUED, its safe to say that there is no more ABG's that are bein manufactured.

So.....To end the question once and for all.....

PURDUE BRAND : STILL AVAILABLE
ABG BRAND : DISCONTINUED
ENDO BRAND : DISCONTINUED
IMPAX BRAND : STILL AVAILABLE, with license to produce limited amounts thru Dava Pharma until at least January 28, 2008, or until it sells its quota, whichever is first.
TEVA BRAND : DISCONTINUED
MALLINCKRODT BRAND : STILL AVAILABLE

Now, dont get confused and think that some of these pills are bein made just because there is still some of the generic G-stamp and ABG stamp pills goin around. since the pharmacies were stocked with these and they take a while to sell out ,some people still have these. but they aint bein made no more, so once these stashes are gone, that is is. Endo pills stayed around til about New Years but I aint seen one since.I hope that can help some people who always got questions about how the whole generic oxycontin lawsuit and result came about. That is all the history that I know on the situation, and its up to date right now. If it changes in the future I will try and update it.

UPDATE; Edited November 27, to include new info on Impax generics thanks to allovers research. see availability chart

Last edited:
Pictures of Oxycontin/Oxycodone IR Pills by Brand

Originally Compiled by sixpartseven

PURDUE BRAND NAME - All Doses AVAILABILITY: AVAILABLE - Does Not Gel

NSFW:
productoxycontin.gif

TEVA GENERICS - 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: DISCONTINUED - Gels When Wet

NSFW:
10mg
teva9324.jpg

20mg
oxyc031a.jpg

40mg
oxyc032a.jpg

80mg
oxyc080c.jpg

ENDO GENERICS - 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: DISCONTINUED - Gels When Wet

NSFW:
10mg
oxyc010f.jpg

20mg
oxyc020e.jpg

40mg
oxyc040c.jpg

80mg
OxycodoneAPAP80mg.jpg

IMPAX GENERICS - 20mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: DISCONTINUED (as of 01/28/2008.) - Gels When Wet

NSFW:
20mg
20mg%20Controlled%20Release%20Oxycodone.jpg

80mg
Picture%20057.jpg

ABG GENERICS - 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: DISCONTINUED - Does Not Gel

NSFW:
10mg
ABG10OxycodoneER.jpg

20mg
ABG20OxycodoneER.jpg

40mg
MVC-041S_0.JPG

80mg
Generic%20OC%2080mg_0.jpg

MALLINCKRODT GENERICS - 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 80mg AVAILABILITY: AVAILABLE - Gels When Wet (Severely)
NSFW:
10mg
OxyER-10mg.jpg

20mg
OxyER-20mg-rev.jpg

40mg
OxyER-40mg-rev.jpg

80mg
OxyER-80mg-rev.jpg

Still need pictures of 10mg and 40mg Impax brand. If anyone knows where they can be found, PM me (sixpartseven).

Oxycodone/Oxycontin FAQ by sixpartseven

This FAQ is going to cover a few of the most basic questions asked in OD. Any other questions can be posted in this thread, and possibly edited in to this FAQ.

Whats the difference between Oxycontin and Oxycodone?
Oxycontin is a brand name of the extended release formula of Oxycodone, which is an opiate analgesic.

Whats the best route of administration for Oxycodone?
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=266339

Even though it may seem obvious that IV would be the best ROA, its actually not, simply because IVing pills is not a good idea. The upside with Oxycodone is that its oral BA is so high, that its not a huge trade-off to take it orally rather than by IVing. You will miss out on the rush, but its debatable whether Oxycodone even has a rush. Of course its subjective, and the only way to know is to find out yourself.
Of course you can always insuffulate the Oxycodone. Its probably the most prefered method of injestion by many Bluelighters, next to oral injestion.

I want to IV it, so how do I do it?
First, know that if you are going to shoot, you can only shoot Oxycodone brand pills that DO NOT have APAP (Tylenol) in them. The ones that are acceptable to shoot are brand name and ABG brand Oxycontin, and Roxicodone or its generics.
If you are deadset on IVing it, you need to know that its not like prepping heroin. A lot is the same, but there are a few key steps that are different.
First, you need to get the wax coating off. DO NOT PUT THE PILL IN YOUR MOUTH. A lot of people like to suck the coating off, but remember that this pill is going to go inside your veins. The bacteria inside your mouth could, at the very least, make you sick if you inject them in to you. So instead, get a Q-tip, get it wet, and scrub the coating off with that.
Next, place the pill in a clean cup or spoon and crush it. Be careful to not make little pieces go flying evrywhere. Thats the worst thing in the world when half your pill goes flying across the room at 100 mph, then you have to try and find it on your white carpet.
Once its crushed up, add .8ml - 1ml of water to the powder in the spoon. Stir it up nice and good.
This is where it gets different from prepping heroin. You can heat heroin, but you do not want to heat Oxycontin. Heating any pill will cause unwanted fillers and binders to go into solution.
Filtering is the most important step. Its best to have .22 size micron filters to keep particles and bacteria out of solution, but, you should first filter the solution with cotton, because if you dont, youll have a hard time getting the solution to go through the micron filters.
Once the solution has been filtered, you are ready to inject it the same way you would anything else

How much do I need to get high?
This is a question no one can really answer except for yourself. There is one thing that can help you figure it out though, and thats the opiate dose converter:
http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi
Its not an exact method, but it will give you a good idea.

Dosage Scale from Erowid.org

Last edited by a moderator:
what's up with these new oxys? i read you can't even abuse them by chewing them anymore(how i do em). are they out yet? someone school me.

Not a whole lot of info avail yet, but here is a little right up from cnn.

http://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/05/oxycontin-reformulation-okd/?hpt=T2

A popular painkiller, known for its high abuse potential – OxyContin – is being reformulated, the Food and Drug Administration said Monday.

According to the release, the drug in its current form is designed to release small quantities of the active ingredients over an extended period of time, but abusers have found ways to circumvent the drug’s time-release properties and ingest large quantities all at once.

The new formulation, approved today by the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and research – would “prevent the opioid medication from being cut, broken, chewed, crushed or dissolved to release more medication.”

Experts saythat while this reformulation may reduce the risk of abuse by injection or snorting, addicts abusing the drug by mouth may be able to achieve similar highs by taking more of the drug.

“Although this new formulation of OxyContin may provide only an incremental advantage over the current version of the drug, it is still a step in the right direction,” said Bob Rappaport, M.D., director of the Division of Anesthesia and Analgesia Products in the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research in the agency’s press release.

According to the release, and data from the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, approximately half a million people abused OxyContin for the first time in 2008 alone.

New OXYCONTIN formula (pics of new tablets with fda pics)

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/08/slides/2008-4356s1-05-Purdue.pdf

PAGES 42-55 SHOW HOW THE FDA DR'S TRIED TO CRUSH, AND MIX WITH WATER TO INJECT THE OLD VS THE THE PILL....

THE NEW ONE IS JUST LIKE THE OPANA ER MATRIX IN THAT IT WILL GEL UP AND HARDER TO CRUSH VS THE OLD OC TABLETS PLUS THE NEW ONES WILL HAVE THE "OP" AND NOT THE "OC" ON THE TABLET.

NEW OXYS WILL HIT PHARMACIES IN SEPT/OCT OF 2010 AND THE OLD OXY'S WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE SAME TIME

Attachments

• NEW FORMULA.jpg
    NEW FORMULA.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 105,181
No shit eh... When I found out about the MScontin time-release formula, I kinda wondered why they didn't take that concept to oxycontin months ago.

Looks like they finally got around to it. Certainly makes life more difficult for my oxy brothers.

"Taken together, these findings suggest that the impediments to tampering posed by the new formulation may reduce self-administration, however, real world experience will be necessary to confirm this"

So... they think by making the time-release mechanism slightly harder to bypass, people will simply just stop abusing them? Duuuummmmb.

Shouldn't really snort the present ones, shittier BA.

But, they seem VERY hard to turn into powder, so, I'd imagine they'd be significantly harder to snort effectively.

I snort opana all the time, so if its the same thing as that then it should be fine.

And bioavailability isn't everything, its about how fast it starts working.

i don't even take oxys but that makes me a little sad for the ones who do. i think it's ridiculous. eventually, someone will figure out a way around the new formula...

i wonder if the fda has even questioned their decision to put the drug on the market in the first place? it's odd to me that it has caused such an uproar but is STILL prescribed by the truckload.

wow, no good! this is not good news at all. Looks like purdue's revenue might be going down. Either less ppl will take it because of these factors, or more people will take it precisely because its manufactured that way and docs are more willing now. We shall see. Hope for the latter. It will still take months if not years to fully permeate the market, if it does at all

In either situation, you're still injecting nasty inactive ingredients. The only difference, is that users are going to have to start cotton and micron filtering if they want to get the most out of their shots, while preserving their health at the same time.

Oxycodone has a high oral BA anyways.

-> OC Mega Thread

lol @ milled in a coffee grinder. I believe i've actually heard people doing that with opana though so maybe not that weird (i understand it was probably more for demonstration purposes), but wouldn't the good ol' hose clamp do the trick?

Will the old OxyContin remain on the market?

So Purdue Pharma has reformulated OxyContin to make it harder to abuse. My question is: Will the old formulation remain on the market, or will it be completely replaced and superseded? If it does remain on the shelves alongside the new formulation, what will the difference in the names be?

Please cite your source if you try to answer this question, because I have done a fair amount of research and I still haven't found the answer. I think it is possible that Purdue hasn't decided yet, or they haven't announced their plan yet. They are just trying to get lots of good press at this point, without disclosing any specifics.

I am especially suspicious because I have found very few physical details about the reformulated pills, and I have never seen a picture. What exactly did they change? The details about these pills clearly exist, but they are not being shared with the press.

Bad for the snorter... *sad indeed. I love sniffing those, I love it how they show the 40's yellow. Ooh love the yellow roses.

I'm guessing people will just crush, or try to crush, and swallow. They can change it so many times but the active stuff is still oxycodone, which will get you shit face high if you take enough.

All my questions have been answered, thanks.

This info seems to be very hot off the presses. Also, how come no popular press articles that I have ever seen mentioned any of these pertinent details? Damn magazines. This is why you should always just ask the random drug addicts on the internet.

^I don't think most people care that oxycontin is in a new formula, and most magazines cater to the people that don't give a shit. There should be more druggie magazines.

I am assuming we will still have the delicious little blue 30mg roxi at our disposal. Which is plenty fine with me.