• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Project - Codeine-6-Glucuronide (C6G)

monstanoodle

Bluelight Crew
With the help and suggestion of sixpartseven I've gone ahead and made a new page with the request of somebody creating a page on the "official" Wiki on Codeine-6-Glucuronide (C6G) - the main metabolite of Codeine now thought to be responsible for the majority of it's Analgesic and potentially Euphoric action ;)

If anyone who has a clue how to edit / create pages on Wiki (I tried and failed massively) would be up for this it'd be really, really grand :)

The info I've managed to find on C6G is as follows:
Codeine analgesia is due to codeine-6-glucuronide, not morphine.
Details of Chemical names and a diagram of it's chemical structure.
Analgesic effects of codeine-6-glucuronide after intravenous administration
Metabolism process of Codeine.

Again, thankyou muchly if somebody chooses to go ahead with this, and no worries if not as I can imagine it being a bit of a task :)

Awesome job on getting the ball rolling. Just so you know, we're getting things together still, so it might be a slow going getting this project finished for the time being. We really appreciate you utilizing the forum and starting a project though. Hang in there - give people time to check out the forum and get involved - and soon enough, you'll see your idea come to life, living on our Wiki.

Time isn't as precious a commodity as info so all be well in that respect ;)
Nice to know this will go forth :) Cheers 6/7!

It is a bit of a task as various papers don't agree with themselves on this topic.

What yields for each conversion in your pdf file? Would be nice to have em. I heard it converts into morphine with 10% rate.

Last edited:
Wiki gives a good chunk of metabolism ratio:
Roughly 5-10% of codeine will be converted to morphine, with the remainder either free, conjugated to form codeine-6-glucuronide (~70% ), or converted to norcodeine (~10% ) and hydromorphone (~1% ).
Seeing as it's a good 70% or so, there must be atleast some effect. Compared to Morphine, I (used to :|) get so much more from an equivalent dose of Codeine.

intesting , i always thought codiene got you high by coverting to morphine.. ive always preferd codiene to morphine but always thought it was in my head

Codiene has more for an acute metabolism than morphine even though the latter lasts considerably longer in duration of effect. Morphine is stronger as an injected painkiller than an oral painkiller.

So why are CYP2D6 inducers effective at increasing the effects of codeine, if this is true, then?

Because Morphine still has an effect, albeit a slight one.
I'm not suggesting that Codeine's effects lie souly on C6G, but that it must play a large role.

OK, so I know you asked this about a year ago, but let's try and do some work on it.

If you can give me the text, I'll take care of the formatting. Post it here, email it to me, Word doc, whatever. I can convert to Wiki pretty easily.