• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenylamphetamines

fastandbulbous

Bluelight Crew
Namely the derivatives of 1,1-diphenyl-2-propylamine. Does anybody have any info as all I havce is that they are CNS stims, but absolutely noyjing on toxicology, ED50 etc. In theory they're a halfway house between amphetamine & desoxypipradrol, so they might show some promise

In theory they're a halfway house between amphetamine & desoxypipradrol

I don't really agree, http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/210/3/422.abstract, desoxypiradrol is more like methylphenidate, which is more like cocaine, which is quite different from amphetamine... amphetamine is an agonist at VMAT2 and better at promoting efflux at the transporters.

The methyl carboxylate group is often considered to be a bioisostere of the phenyl group, and this case is no exception. IIRC, when I looked into looked in to the analogous drug based on methylphenidate, the 'beta-carboxylate amphetamines" (as we decided they were called ;)), I discovered that the tertiary amines were more potent.. just a thought about amine in your proposed drug.

Yes, the phenyl group is generally bioisosteric with a methyl or ethyl ester (see remifentanil vs. fentanyl)

So beta-phenylamphetamines are probably potent DRIs (the N,N-dimethyl derivatives being the best)

I like the word "benzhydryl". It just sounds cool, somehow. Any substance with a benzhydryl moiety can't be all bad ;)