• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall and horrible mouth sores

Felt compelled to shed some light on this through my own personal experience. Been taking adderall for a about a half a year and only rarely would those sores pop up. When I get them it was constant pain and would last a couple of days but I really wouldn't think too much about them. This last time I got them I finally put two and two and two together and realized it was from the drug. I hadn't been getting much sleep at all and been super stressed and worn down from my job and was over medicating myself. This was the worse I ever had ever gotten these sores and felt brutal pain like 24/7. The only thing that really helped me a lot was biotene mouthwash and toothpaste. I also laid off the drug for a couple of days and was finally able to get some much needed rest and the pain basically dissipated within 24 hours. So for me, I think it is is very important to make sure that the body is not getting worn out and to try and get plenty of rest and stay hydrated and eat properly. If you find yourself in a situation where these are really prevalent, try the biotene, and skip a dose or two, get a good nights rest, and let your body get back to normal. I am now back on the meds but being very careful not to let myself get to the point where my body is worn down and had no problems. Cheers.

happened to me before too, my tounge was literally cracked to the point where you could see blood. it's because your not drinking enough water. you should be having at least a large glass of water every 15 minutes

Forcing yourself to eat solves the problem, in some minor cases they will go even away before you come down. The above advice would cause death from hyponatremia. Water is an extremely temporary fix as it acts as a substitute for saliva but you are producing less as a side effect rather than due to dehydration, ( at least in most cases). The colour of your urine is a much better judge of hydration.

Some of you are confusing cold sores with these aphthous ulcers. Weakening of the immune system can cause cold sore to re occur if you are infected already. The aphthous ulcers are indeed result of dryness and friction.

Last edited:
I believe this was addressed earlier, but a change in the manufacturer of your generic Adderall can cause exactly what you are describing. I currently have scalloped tongue from getting a " new" generic manufacturer. The scallops are from my tongue swelling and pushing against my teeth. My cheeks are also swollen pushing against the outside of my teeth. This could easily be mistaken for canker sores, as they are VERY painful!! I am currently trying to locate any help on which manufacturers people have found that had this reaction had better luck on. I have had this reaction on and off...but never this bad for about a year.

I just googled Adderall and mouth sores because I get them every time I take it. They aren't painful but more annoying. They are raised white bumps along my tongue and lower lip where my teeth meet the two.
Also I get indentations of my teeth line along my tongue like my tongue is swollen.