• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD while sick (Common Cold)?

NO.

Absolutely not.

You cannot possibly get the most out of the chemical if you're distracted by the symptoms of an illness.

I'm not saying you'll have a horrible trip. Illness simply slows you down -- body and mind -- so the answer is "no".

LSD is an incredibly powerful analgesic so I imagine it would clear up any aches and pains you have for a day or two. I'm not sure whether it increases the body temperature as much as MDMA does tho - MDMA always cures any colds I have, which I think it does by helping the body raise it's temperature. Just a hunch.

shit sucks, you end up dwelling too much on your discomforts and cant fully enjoy your trip.

depends on how sick you are i think. i was at the tail end (after 4 days ) of a bad case of sore throat with fever, with all the symptoms nearly gone but still taking some paracetamol every now and then and i can say the trip was wonderful, i even rememebred to take some paracetamol during the trip as to not get any pains mid trip. so it turned out ok, but mind that i didnt have any distracting symptoms.

generally though i think i would wait to be healthy to trip. :)

shit, son, LSD gives me a cold.

(my sinuses go weird when i consume acid sometimes)

I've taken LSD a couple times with a cold and it actually seemed to help. During the trip I pretty much forgot that I even had a cold. After the trip I was still coughing and sneezing nasty stuff like I had been before, but I didn't actually feel sick anymore.

i recently took LSD while being pretty sick. i was full of psuedoephedrine and DXM (in theraputic doses). the trip was pretty good. the only thing i noticed was that i was pretty lethargic throughout the experience, just make sure you take medicine for the more serious symptoms.

I have tripped on a cold twice, fairly good doses of LSD and mushrooms, respectively. Both times were phenomenal. Both times, I had decided to get sick just before a long, important planned event among my friends, and both times, I decided to dose rather than watch. With LSD in particular, I didn't mind; I kept asking myself "What could I possibly be doing that is BETTER with sick-time?"

Mushrooms, I just forgot about being sick save I would occasionally notice my nose running, which was honestly very unpleasant, but did not get me down.

I am very experienced with both of these tryptamines, and have been in countless inconvenient situations on both, including the police, parents, and all that, so I have become pretty good at tripping under pressure. I am one of those that don't believe in 'bad' trips, only 'difficult' ones, and that definitely helps.

Point I'm trying to make: Eat it if you feel like it wont bother you, but being healthy and tripping definitely increases potential for a good time.

I'm sick right now (9pm, Thursday), but I appear to be on the tail end of it. If it's mostly cleared up by tomorrow night (Saturday, 12:30am), I plan to take 170mcg of LSD. If it's only really the after-effects, am I going to regret that I didn't wait a week so I could be completely patched up? My main concern is not the physical symptoms of aching muscles, a runny nose and sore throat, but more one of headspace - you know that heavy, clogged feeling you get when you're sick. If there's still any of that by tomorrow night, I'm definitely not touching the acid, but I'm interested to know what you think of doing it with just the residual physical effects.

This is related to this thread if not exactly bang on topic. On acid once, I drank a crate of beer (ten cans). I used to be a frequent and heavy drinker, but I'd always get hangovers if I went over say 4 cans, without fail. And They'd always be nasty hangovers. Oddly though I found that on this occasion, the afterglow completely negated any hangover. I should have felt like shit, instead I felt healthier than ever, as I often do after LSD.

If it's only really the after-effects, am I going to regret that I didn't wait a week so I could be completely patched up?

Yes. As a rule, psychedelics always amplify any feelings, bodily sensations, emotions, paranoias, you name it. If your cold is on its way out, still present but tolerable, psychedelics will make you feel like you've been thrown right back into the peak of your sickness.

I've never tripped while sick, but, that is my strong intuition.

Yes. As a rule, psychedelics always amplify any feelings, bodily sensations, emotions, paranoias, you name it. If your cold is on its way out, still present but tolerable, psychedelics will make you feel like you've been thrown right back into the peak of your sickness.

I've never tripped while sick, but, that is my strong intuition.

Not sure about that apple. LSD is widely regarded as an even more effective a painkiller than morphine. You can give it to people in agony with terminal cancer and it gives them incredible pain relief.

So taking it when you have a cold will more than likely ease the symptoms while you're under the influence.

I do find MDMA the best drug to take when you have a cold tho - seems to really help in curing them, perhaps because it increases the body temp slightly and so helps the body fry the lurgy.

I think Amphetamine is a decongestant, so maybe MDMA works similarly?

Ah Applecore, I didn't read that in time unfortunately. I went and did it anyway.

I did get a lot of unpleasant body load, dysmorphic sensations and weird quasi-painful shit like feeling as though my eye was going to pop. More of it than usual, for sure. But none of the actual symptoms of the cold became noticeably stronger. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence.

Also, it's been 18 hours and I'm still sort of tripping and can't sleep, hm...

Not sure about that apple. LSD is widely regarded as an even more effective a painkiller than morphine. You can give it to people in agony with terminal cancer and it gives them incredible pain relief.

Honestly, I... can't quite imagine that. I can only think LSD would add extra layers to the pain - philosophical layers, I guess.

I agree about the MDMA. I went to a rave feeling like shit with a the flu, and then as soon as the flippers kicked in, i was completely fine. Funny thing was, the next day my flu was still gone. It totally cured me!

Honestly, I... can't quite imagine that. I can only think LSD would add extra layers to the pain - philosophical layers, I guess.

It's mentioned in a lot of the books like Grofs "Human encounter with death" when he was dealing with people with terminal cancer - taking LSD was the first time they'd ever had a break from the physical pain, it was a lot better than even the strongest diamorphine.

It's mentioned in a lot of the books like Grofs "Human encounter with death" when he was dealing with people with terminal cancer - taking LSD was the first time they'd ever had a break from the physical pain, it was a lot better than even the strongest diamorphine.

Interesting. I remember one time, on LSD, I thought to myself, "this chemical will be a perfect tool for helping me deal with aging-related stresses and pains, later in life."

Aldous Huxley apparently requested 100mcg of LSD on his deathbed, and passed away peacefully as a result. So I guess there must be something to it.

My experience is that LSD is great for clearing up the leftovers of a cold once it is gone. Like if you feel weak, still have some phlegm, feel sluggish, etc... it really gets the circulation going. But every time I've done it during a full on cold I have felt like shit. And if you already have a fever, then take LSD, you are asking for a bad situation.

I tried it once, although not with LSD. It just makes it hard to enjoy the trip especially if your not doing stuff and just trying to chill and enjoy the experience. It makes your body feel really unhealthy and uncomftorable plus, most psychedelics already make you feel like shit so I imagine your symptoms would get a lot worse. Just wait like everyone else has said, its annoying I know but trust me, its worth it in the end and you will have a much more awesome trip.