• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doxepin

kunmo

Bluelighter
i was using DOXEPIN to help make the benzos and opiates stronger..... didnt work at 100MG's, i took it like 30mins before i did the other stuff..

any thoughts.......

This has nothing to contribute to any recreational use of drugs, alone or by itself.

This is an anti depressant and can be toxic if used the wrong way, just like every other anti-depressant on the market. Use this the way it was intended.

It gives no euphoria.

i didnt say it would get you high..... re read the Q buddy. I thought it was a potentiate for opiate or Benzos........................

DOXEPIN = TCAs/Tricyclics

TCAs/Tricyclics
Mechanism of Action
TCAs work by blocking the reuptake pumps of various NTs; most TCAs affect primarily the reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine. By reducing the reuptake of these NTs, TCAs increase the levels of NTs in the synapse. Thus, TCAs are thought to increase the levels of 5-HT/NE/DA in the brain. The main difference in action between TCAs and SSRIs is that that only SSRIs selectively act on serotonin reuptake.
It is possible to become dependent on TCAs – thus is you stop taking TCAs suddenly, you will suffer withdrawal symptoms.
Common Side Effects
Sedation/fatigue, tremor, insomnia, blurred vision, constipation, urinary hesitancy, confusion, orthostatic hypotension, conduction defects, arrhythmias, aggravation of psychosis, seizures, weight gain, sexual dysfunction (inability to orgasm and decreased libido).
Metabolism
TCAs are rapidly absorbed and metabolized. CYP2C19 is the most important enzyme involved in the metabolism of TCAs, but the enzymes CYP 1A2, 3A4, 2C9 and CYP 2D6 are also involved.
Recreational Drug Interactions
Alcohol, Benzos (Xanax, Valium, Klonopin etc), Opiates (Heroin, Codeine, Vicoden, Oxy etc), Barbituates, Ketamine: Because TCAs have strong sedative effects, combining TCAs with central nervous system (CNS) depressants like the drugs listed above can potentiate (make stronger) the effects of those drugs. I.e., if you are taking a TCA, you will be MORE SENSITIVE to these drugs, and you won’t need to take as much to get fucked up. Therefore, please dose carefully; you will probably need a lower dose than a normal person. Otherwise, these drugs are fairly safe to combine with a TCA.

this is from another post.

Anyway my point is i was curious if anyone else had tried this.......

I take Dosulepin (related Antidep) for Depression and it doesn't really add much at all to Benzos or Opiates except sedation (as Jay mentioned).
But, after using it for so long, even sedation has chuffed off for me now :\

Cyclobenzaprine is related to TCA's and potentiates codeine insanely, like 150% added on.

I have never used doxepin to potentiate opiates or benzos. This kid who used to give me shitloads of ritalin and dexies once found some in his mums medicine cabinet and we took one each one morning before snorting ritalin at recess. I don't know if it was placebo but I definately felt as though my usual ritalin dose was much more euphoric after having taken the doxepin.

No doxepin experience here, but I know people who use a similar drug called amitriptyline for boosting opioids... except that to me it mainly seems like it makes them more tired.

I have never used doxepin to potentiate opiates or benzos. This kid who used to give me shitloads of ritalin and dexies once found some in his mums medicine cabinet and we took one each one morning before snorting ritalin at recess. I don't know if it was placebo but I definately felt as though my usual ritalin dose was much more euphoric after having taken the doxepin.

Doxepin does have some action on Dopamine (more so than Dosulepin and Amitriptyline) so that may be why.