• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Taking adderall sublingually?

Hi there,

I've already researched this and came up with a couple results but nothing that really satisfied me (i prefer to research the hell out of drugs/methods before i do them).

I have an adderall (instant release), and i'm planning on taking it a little later on today. I usually take them orally whenever i have them, but want to know if taking it by sublingual administration is more beneficial. I also do not want to snort the pill or plug it. So some questions:

1) Is taking adderall sublingually more beneficial than just swallowing it?

2) If i take the pill sublingually will the effects not last as long (as taking it orally)? Also, will it kick in faster?

3) Will things like stomach acidity, food, etc be as much as a factor?

4) I'm assuming the method with IR pills is to just put the whole pill under my tongue, try to ignore the awful taste until it's mostly dissolved correct? If the method requires crushing up the pill and then putting under my tongue I think i might have a problem not accidentally swallowing it

Anyways, if anyone can answer any of these questions i would appreciate it :)

1. No. Stick to oral admin, it's got a decent BA. And YUCK! How can you stand that sickly-sweet taste?
2. Don't know, never tried it. But it might not last as long.
3. Urine PH is the big factor. Alkalize yourself to get maximum effects and duration.
4. Sublingual administration would involve just putting the whole pill under your tongue. You shouldn't have to crush it--if it doesn't dissolve easily, don't even bother. One thing you can try if you want it to kick in faster is to crush the pill, dissolve in a beverage and drink.

it's like candy. be sure to brush your teeth after this because they'll get all slimy and orange (if your particular pill is orange), especially if you do this a few times in one day.

EDIT: by the way, I'm personally a fan of adderall IR taken sublingually. I get 20mg IR and I often dissolve one for a bit under my tongue and then swallow the rest. taken this way, the come-up is more swift but also more gentle. paired with portion snus, doing this can be very nice when spending a lot of time sitting on the computer or something. plugging is definitely optimal, but I do enjoy sublingual administration with adderall, which is also the only drug I take sublingually. the taste can be pretty nice, but I hate the thought of the stuff on my teeth, as if I'm taking a Sweet Tart sublingually.

Last edited:
Blech. Sugar coating on the inside of the mouth, orange tongue. They're designed to be swallowed, and I'm not telling you that because all pills should be swallowed, I'm telling you because they work better swallowed. Lasts longer, not so many peaks and valleys.

There is no study regarding sublingual absorption of amphetamine or dextroamphetamine. I believe that Adderall is a 50/50 mix of these two substances. Dextroamphetamine has an extremely high oral bioavailability (>75% ) whereas amphetamine has a low oral bioavailability (20-25% ). In my opinion it would seem that the most effective ROA is intranasally (albeit the effects will not last as long). Rectally is actually better, seeing as absorption of both of the substances is nearly 100%.

Good luck,
Noah

I keep finding these old threads on this site thanks to google.

Anyway, just want to point out that you should 'test the waters' when switching to a new ROA. Having a heart attack because you didnt expect it to be 3x stronger so fast is never fun, and could kill you.

I tried the sublingual route by accident because I didnt want to take a whole 30mg until I tried half of that, so I emptied the small sugar balls (Synthetic sweetener? Maybe that is why people get headaches) from the capsule into my mouth. The effects were significant but not overwhelming.

The next day I tried 2/3 of a pill. I was moderately awake for 5 hours, then crashed and fell asleep for 3 hours mid day. This is the XR formulation which is half regular Adderall for instant release and half extended release adderall in the same pill. Its also a mix of L and D forms, both of them in IR and time release formulations that seem to use some kind of aspartame as a binder. The 2/3 orally was less potent than half sublingually.

So I wake up from my nap and drink a glass beer mug full of strong coffee that my GF was kind enough to make me, then lick my finger and stick it into the 'sugar balls' from my capsule that I emptied into an empty prescription bottle. This should have been a small dose, definitely less than the 1/3 I removed from my daily dosage. This time I had nothing to drink so I really let it sit under my tongue for a minute until it dissolved from saliva.

10-20 minutes later I am really feeling the effects, then a bit over 1 hour later I am almost on the verge of a panic attack. I worry because I dont know what to expect and it feels stronger than necessary for my chronic fatigue. I wouldnt say my heart was pounding TOO fast, but it felt more elevated than I was familiar with.

The intense anxiety left me in about 40 minutes later as I start to come down. I still had good stimulation for more hours after that.

Remember, more isnt always better. Some people actually need these drugs to function. If you change your ROA then cut your dosage. I think you could cut your preferred oral dosage by half or even by 2/3 and still get the effects you want. It comes on almost immediately, even with the XR formulation. If this was purely the IR formulation I bet it would have hit me near instantly.

Yea, this definately works, only problem is I had those generic 10mg ones, so my mouth and teeth turned blue.

Haha! I've got a couple of add. laying around, and they're BRIGHT pink ....I may well try this ROA today and see if I have the same problem.

Hey everyone new to the forum and using iPhone, so please excuse stupid typo mistakes. I've always done sublingual with adderall. The best trick for me was to allow it to completely dissolve under the tongue, and the swish the solution for one to two minutes, after which I swallow mixture. Good and simple does it my friends. It adsorbs decently sublingual, and further absorbed from swallowing

Yes, a low stomach pH metabolizes amphetamine quicker. For the oral ROA, for the sublingual one, no (because you are bypassing the stomach).

That is, if amphetamine can be taken sublingually, I haven't heard of anyone doing that, and have not tried it myself.

I know this is an old post, but just to clarify - eating a basic food or taking a basic supplement (like Tums) will still help out even when taking Adds sublingually. The reason for this is that having a basic pH (high pH) in the blood will prevent adderall from being excreted by the kidneys (if blood pH is acidic (low pH), adderall will be more rapidly excreted by the kidneys).

So, the pH of the stomach is somewhat important for absorption, but the real reason we want to take Tums is because it basifies the blood (and urine) and greatly reduces excretion by the kidneys.

Source (ish):

"
Under normal conditions, about 30% of amphetamine is
excreted unchanged in the urine but this excretion is highly
variable and is dependent on urinary pH. When the urinary pH
is acidic (pH 5.5 to 6.0), elimination is predominantly by
urinary excretion with approximately 60% of a dose of
amphetamine being excreted unchanged by the kidney within 48
hours. When the urinary pH is alkaline (pH 7.5 to 8.0),
elimination is predominantly by deamination (less than 7%
excreted unchanged in the urine); the half-life ranging from
16 to 31 hours (Ellenhorn, 1997)."

Plugging is really just 10x better.. you feel a RUSH in five minutes.. you bypass the stomach, its close to 95% bioavailable so no waste. Honestly the closet to IV you can come with this stuff.

imo plugging > sublingual > crush and take in a shot of water > pop it > sniff it (the drip tastes like i snorted fundip or something and all that drip is wasted adderall)(un les you take a few small bumps in case you have to be on your game in 10 minutes then sniff if you must)

also I can not stress this enough, stay healthy when you guys are binging this stuff.. stay hydrated, eat you minerals, vitamins, nutrients, seriously. its easy to forget food when youre speeding but a healthy mind and body is key to a great roll always. Try keeping a binge going on an empty stomach all day vs a decent breakfast/ supplements before you use.. it's night and day. I never see anyone mention diet and health so I figured id throw in my two cents, just what ive learned in my years of experience

also if you can, take some klonopin depending on your benzo tolerance. They are a match made in heaven. Synergy on the level of MDMA+LSD, xanax + coke, boi + coke, every lowlife must try! no jiterryness, no sleepiness, just bliss and you feel like you woke up on the right side of the bed. fuck that, like you woke up on a King size mattress covered in beautiful people.

stay safe ~ stay high

I know this is an old post, but I felt compelled to post. I actually just crushed up and took 3 10mg IR Dexies sublingually. Was that too much to take sublingually at once? I hope I didnt waste it...

where the fuck do you get dextrostat???? thats the IR dexedrine. I can't find it anywhere and neither can my psychiatrist =(

where the fuck do you get dextrostat???? thats the IR dexedrine. I can't find it anywhere and neither can my psychiatrist =(
What do you mean can't find?.... All your psych need to do is write the script. If your pharmacy doesn't have it in stock (which is likely) then they will order it. Oh and btw I've gone from adderall to D amphetamine then back to adderall. D Amp isnt as blissful and magical as people lead on, its just the grass is always greener and people glorify it. Dex is simply more mentally stimulating, it lacks any physical stimulation like adderall. I had much less get up and go on dexadrine in fact I would just get lost in researching random facts for hours at a time and not leave my house. Dex for me was much less recreational also when I binged and habitual redosing was an issue, I would blow through my whole script in a week so I switched back. I like adderall much better.

Okay so I've never heard of amphetamine being used sublingually before but I just stuck half an Amfexa 10mg (dexamphetamine) under my tongue to see what that 5mg would do if it really is 3x as strong.

It does taste nice and sweet. And the pills I have are just plain white so no worries about my tongue turning orange.

It's now fully dissolved under my tongue so I'm waiting to see if anything particularly special happens when it hits. For reference 5mg dex is a low dose for me, I'm scripted up to 40mg a day and I take 10mg at once, so if I feel anything at all off this 5mg it shows the effect is stronger than usual.

Okay so I've never heard of amphetamine being used sublingually before but I just stuck half an Amfexa 10mg (dexamphetamine) under my tongue to see what that 5mg would do if it really is 3x as strong.

It does taste nice and sweet. And the pills I have are just plain white so no worries about my tongue turning orange.

It's now fully dissolved under my tongue so I'm waiting to see if anything particularly special happens when it hits. For reference 5mg dex is a low dose for me, I'm scripted up to 40mg a day and I take 10mg at once, so if I feel anything at all off this 5mg it shows the effect is stronger than usual.
Anything significant with that method?

this is the only route i take my adderall, i crush the XR beads into fine powder, and i've learned that anymore than 60mg at a time is too much powder under the tongue so i typically dissolve one 60 then another 60 5min later and its by far the most effective route *don't take these doses* i also rarely but somtimes want that extra bang, snort a small line of it then go for the SL, it's quite a kick though so not for the feint of heart

Update: it definitely came on much stronger and faster than usual, but I also noticed a shorter duration. Didn't expect it but sublingual absolutely does make dexamph come on stronger.

Update: it definitely came on much stronger and faster than usual, but I also noticed a shorter duration. Didn't expect it but sublingual absolutely does make dexamph come on stronger.
don't worry, you most likely swallowed about 20-40% of it, the rest'll hit soon, in my exp it's just as long as oral, however my aversion to taking addy orally is that for some reason, whether capped or not, it upsets the shit out of my stomach so i really try to make sure i dissolve most of it before i go for the rest or a sip of water but it does last pretty much as long, you may not notice it as long because of how much harder it comes on though, but its there forsure

i wanted to add to Please be careful with the SL route of amps, as it is extremely habit forming. *make sure to have a benzo or a plan to aid in edginess aka stim anxiety past 90mg.* < i use pregabalin for this. whatever works for you.

Just done it again with a full 10mg, can definitely feel the physical stim effects a lot more than with regular oral dosing even at this normal dose. I'd even say it hits harder than putting it up the nose since the BA is higher for sublingual.

And I'm already on clonazepam, still feeling very much stimmed.