Bluelight

Thread: Taking adderall sublingually?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Taking adderall sublingually? 
    Hi there,

I've already researched this and came up with a couple results but nothing that really satisfied me (i prefer to research the hell out of drugs/methods before i do them).

I have an adderall (instant release), and i'm planning on taking it a little later on today. I usually take them orally whenever i have them, but want to know if taking it by sublingual administration is more beneficial. I also do not want to snort the pill or plug it. So some questions:

1) Is taking adderall sublingually more beneficial than just swallowing it?

2) If i take the pill sublingually will the effects not last as long (as taking it orally)? Also, will it kick in faster?

3) Will things like stomach acidity, food, etc be as much as a factor?

4) I'm assuming the method with IR pills is to just put the whole pill under my tongue, try to ignore the awful taste until it's mostly dissolved correct? If the method requires crushing up the pill and then putting under my tongue I think i might have a problem not accidentally swallowing it

Anyways, if anyone can answer any of these questions i would appreciate it

2. Collapse Details

1. Yes. I'd say it is at least 2x stronger than oral adminstration, if not more. It is a smoother high (snorting and the like would be very erratic) and has the least comedown out of all the ROAs in my opinion.

2. It will last just as long if not longer than oral. It will kick in faster, within 20 mins or so.

3. No.

4. Yes. Once you have saliva gathered and cannot taste it anymore, that is the time to swallow. It will almost all be absorbed by that point. The method of turning it into liquid is really never used and I don't really see the point, though I've tried it. You have less of an idea of how much has been absorbed.

3. Collapse Details

Thanks, seems as though the sublingual route has a lot of positives according to your post, i'll test for myself a bit later

4. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrezt View Post
    Yes, a low stomach pH metabolizes amphetamine quicker. For the oral ROA, for the sublingual one, no (because you are bypassing the stomach).

That is, if amphetamine can be taken sublingually, I haven't heard of anyone doing that, and have not tried it myself.

5. Collapse Details

yea that's how i've always taken adderall when i take it orally..never swallowed it. it kicks in almost instantly

i love the taste tho

6. Collapse Details

Tried it and i'm a fan. Kicked in faster (felt something almost instantly and then the main effects started 20min after i put it in my mouth). Felt more effects than if i would have just swallowed it, and it's been smooth

7. Collapse Details

Lurking around the corner of your nearest methadone clinic
    Yea, this definately works, only problem is I had those generic 10mg ones, so my mouth and teeth turned blue.

8. Collapse Details

^ haha! As kids we used to choose candy specifically for their ability to turn our tongues bright orange or dark blue...

9. Collapse Details

Bumping this thread to ask another question.

While it's too late now (already under my tongue) i wanted to know, for further reference, is there a specific spot under the tongue that is more effective when taking a pill sublingually?

10. Collapse Details

in the middle of the tongue would be best, but really anyplace under the tongue will work.

11. Collapse Details

bump

12. Collapse Details

I presume this works in the same way with d-amph a la Dexedrine? Such as 10mg IR pills? They're generic (WA state law requires the use of generics whenever possible and you have to try generics before you (would) try brand names) and I have done this. It's generally so smooth that I don't know how to quantify it (yet), but do not want to talk to doc about it as I'm at 30mg IR / 3 10s a day and it's a full 30 day supply none of that 28 day bullshit, 90 pills a month is pretty good and though some studies can prove amphetamine is 'neurotoxic' (such a misused word) at doses as low as 15 (I would cite but I'm not gonna bother, it was about adderall and most ppl probably remember it anyway) mgs. Other studies have put that at 40mgs so 30 a day is probably not bad considering I don't drink.

Not trying to turn this in to my life's story though I will admit I am trying this if not now then in the immediate future and typing helps my damaged ulnar nerve ironically enough though I learned dvorak. Run on sentence king of the universe?

13. Collapse Details

hmm this is the first time ive heard of sublingual administration for addy
    ive only taken it orally thus far, but im going to give this a try

can someone clear this up for me though -- Are we supposed to just take the entire pill, put it beneath our tongue, and just let it sit until it completely dissolves?

thanks

14. Collapse Details

Can you sublingualy administer dextroamphetamine ?

I'd like to try this aswell but I can only get d-amp
    and not adderall :-(

15. Collapse Details

^^ I would believe so.
    Back when I was into amp's I would use them by any & all routes.
    I recall using sublingual & it working good.
    Of note though back then I would even grind the shit up & put it in my chicken soup so I wouldn't miss a dose even if sick.
    So my memory of that time period may be a bit off, amp psychosis & such.
    It works great with adderall though as sublingual is my preferred ROA for that pill.
    As for the Dexedrine as I said I recall it working & considering the ingredients I see no reason why it wouldn't.
    Been years since I got my hand's on any dex though so my experience with that is not recent.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialStrength View Post
    ^^ I would believe so.
    Back when I was into amp's I would use them by any & all routes.
    I recall using sublingual & it working good.
    Of note though back then I would even grind the shit up & put it in my chicken soup so I wouldn't miss a dose even if sick.
    So my memory of that time period may be a bit off, amp psychosis & such.
    It works great with adderall though as sublingual is my preferred ROA for that pill.
    As for the Dexedrine as I said I recall it working & considering the ingredients I see no reason why it wouldn't.
    Been years since I got my hand's on any dex though so my experience with that is not recent.
    hey, do you mind elaborating on how to take the adderall sublingually?

thanks

17. Collapse Details

wow I didn't think adderall would work sublingually? ?

Is it water solvable? or does that even matter cause eventually sublingual WILL be swallowed anyway?

18. Collapse Details

adderall actually works better sublingually?

19. Collapse Details

Temporary Ban
    Awful taste come on...it tastes like candy. For me even tylenol extract is not that bad.
    Ever tried tasting oregano or Melaleuca oil? That kinda bothers me a little ^.^

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by azureufc View Post
    hey, do you mind elaborating on how to take the adderall sublingually?

thanks
    Put it under your tongue & let it dissolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle My Pickle View Post
    adderall actually works better sublingually?
    From my subjective experience yes it does.
    I don't have any figures to back it up but subjectively I felt an improvement in effects & quicker onset.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mrezt View Post
    Hi there,

I've already researched this and came up with a couple results but nothing that really satisfied me (i prefer to research the hell out of drugs/methods before i do them).

I have an adderall (instant release), and i'm planning on taking it a little later on today. I usually take them orally whenever i have them, but want to know if taking it by sublingual administration is more beneficial. I also do not want to snort the pill or plug it. So some questions:

1) Is taking adderall sublingually more beneficial than just swallowing it?

2) If i take the pill sublingually will the effects not last as long (as taking it orally)? Also, will it kick in faster?

4) I'm assuming the method with IR pills is to just put the whole pill under my tongue, try to ignore the awful taste until it's mostly dissolved correct? If the method requires crushing up the pill and then putting under my tongue I think i might have a problem not accidentally swallowing it

Anyways, if anyone can answer any of these questions i would appreciate it
    1. No. Stick to oral admin, it's got a decent BA. And YUCK! How can you stand that sickly-sweet taste?
    2. Don't know, never tried it. But it might not last as long.
    3. Urine PH is the big factor. Alkalize yourself to get maximum effects and duration.
    4. Sublingual administration would involve just putting the whole pill under your tongue. You shouldn't have to crush it--if it doesn't dissolve easily, don't even bother. One thing you can try if you want it to kick in faster is to crush the pill, dissolve in a beverage and drink.

22. Collapse Details

it's like candy. be sure to brush your teeth after this because they'll get all slimy and orange (if your particular pill is orange), especially if you do this a few times in one day.

EDIT: by the way, I'm personally a fan of adderall IR taken sublingually. I get 20mg IR and I often dissolve one for a bit under my tongue and then swallow the rest. taken this way, the come-up is more swift but also more gentle. paired with portion snus, doing this can be very nice when spending a lot of time sitting on the computer or something. plugging is definitely optimal, but I do enjoy sublingual administration with adderall, which is also the only drug I take sublingually. the taste can be pretty nice, but I hate the thought of the stuff on my teeth, as if I'm taking a Sweet Tart sublingually.
    Last edited by JollyBanker; 30-10-2010 at 21:58. Reason: adding my opinion

23. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Blech. Sugar coating on the inside of the mouth, orange tongue. They're designed to be swallowed, and I'm not telling you that because all pills should be swallowed, I'm telling you because they work better swallowed. Lasts longer, not so many peaks and valleys.

24. Collapse Details

There is no study regarding sublingual absorption of amphetamine or dextroamphetamine. I believe that Adderall is a 50/50 mix of these two substances. Dextroamphetamine has an extremely high oral bioavailability (>75% ) whereas amphetamine has a low oral bioavailability (20-25% ). In my opinion it would seem that the most effective ROA is intranasally (albeit the effects will not last as long). Rectally is actually better, seeing as absorption of both of the substances is nearly 100%.

Good luck,
    Noah

25. Collapse Details

I keep finding these old threads on this site thanks to google.

Anyway, just want to point out that you should 'test the waters' when switching to a new ROA. Having a heart attack because you didnt expect it to be 3x stronger so fast is never fun, and could kill you.

I tried the sublingual route by accident because I didnt want to take a whole 30mg until I tried half of that, so I emptied the small sugar balls (Synthetic sweetener? Maybe that is why people get headaches) from the capsule into my mouth. The effects were significant but not overwhelming.

The next day I tried 2/3 of a pill. I was moderately awake for 5 hours, then crashed and fell asleep for 3 hours mid day. This is the XR formulation which is half regular Adderall for instant release and half extended release adderall in the same pill. Its also a mix of L and D forms, both of them in IR and time release formulations that seem to use some kind of aspartame as a binder. The 2/3 orally was less potent than half sublingually.

So I wake up from my nap and drink a glass beer mug full of strong coffee that my GF was kind enough to make me, then lick my finger and stick it into the 'sugar balls' from my capsule that I emptied into an empty prescription bottle. This should have been a small dose, definitely less than the 1/3 I removed from my daily dosage. This time I had nothing to drink so I really let it sit under my tongue for a minute until it dissolved from saliva.

10-20 minutes later I am really feeling the effects, then a bit over 1 hour later I am almost on the verge of a panic attack. I worry because I dont know what to expect and it feels stronger than necessary for my chronic fatigue. I wouldnt say my heart was pounding TOO fast, but it felt more elevated than I was familiar with.

The intense anxiety left me in about 40 minutes later as I start to come down. I still had good stimulation for more hours after that.

Remember, more isnt always better. Some people actually need these drugs to function. If you change your ROA then cut your dosage. I think you could cut your preferred oral dosage by half or even by 2/3 and still get the effects you want. It comes on almost immediately, even with the XR formulation. If this was purely the IR formulation I bet it would have hit me near instantly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast