• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Crack smoking and vomiting.

Ok, I take it back. Just puked from crack. Time to stop hitting the pipe and save the rest of it for tomorrow.

When I have the first smoke of extremely strong crack - very high quality / purity - I often immediately puke... projectile type vomiting, reminds me of the physical reaction commonly experienced when smoking heroin for the first few times.
I put this down to the high purity and strength of the drug, and the immediate and intense hit delivered when absorbed through the lungs. After the brain, the stomach is the next largest centre of the nervous system containing 90% of the body's serotonin, so it's not surprising a drug that intensely stimulates the nervous system will have a dramatic effect on the stomach. I don't think this reaction - puking - is something to be concerned about; and I definitely don't think it's a sign of adulterated crack.

I have only felt sick from crack twice in my life. First time was 30 years ago and it caused major pain in my lungs. This was around '87 when crack was first hitting the streets in Ontario. My 5 friends were fine but I went to the ER and was treated very poorly.

The next/last time I had cooked all of my coke into crack. My dealer is 1 1/2 hours away so I hit the street and got some premade shit. One blast and I thought I'd puke. No rush/bell ringer just sick. I think these big city boys put garbage (chemicals) into their shit. I ONLY get from my regular dealer now and always cook it myself!

I have only done for a month on and off. I vomit most the time. It's the smell and taste. It's not my tummy being upset it's not even a full vomit usually. Just gagging and small amount of vomit. Unless I take huge hit then sometimes vomiting gets more intense. I guess it depends on person and their gag reflex. I gag when I swallow pills lol..

Getting Sick on Crack Cocaine - especially with alcohol

I haven't eaten much at all today, and I decided this evening to get a few rocks. I also drank a couple of large glasses of white wine to go with it; however, after my first glass, I took a hit, and as I was holding it in, I started to get quite nauseous. I held it in as best as I could, but after a few minutes it was basically impossible to keep it down, so I ran over to the toilet and threw up everything in my stomach, including the wine, that was still a bit cold. I figured after that everything would be fine, but it wasn't: every hit I took afterwards, every time I held it in for more than 10 seconds or so, I would start to get noticeably nauseous, and just had to exhale.

Is this common with crack? It doesn't happen frequently at all with snorted or shot cocaine, but with crack, for the last month or so I've been getting at least a little nauseous every time I did it...

Hello, I was reading this after doing a search for answers on the same subject. Here is what I found and answers that satisfy me:

Cocaine has vasoconstrictor properties, which means it causes muscles, veins and arteries to constrict when consumed. This will cause churning in the stomach.

C18H23NO4 - This is the chemical compound most likely responsible for causing nausea and vomiting after the use of Crack Cocaine and Alcohol in combination.​

Cocaethylene is a drug formed in the liver when cocaine and alcohol are consumed together. Besides its stimulating and euphoric effects, it is much more toxic than cocaine itself and poses high risk of heart attacks. Agression is a common effect of cocaethylene. With repeated use, cocaethylene builds up in the liver over time causing long term health risks.

In Summary: Unfortunately there is no way around the ill effects of this licit drug. We have to take the good with the bad if we choose to engage.

Alcohol itself is pretty well known to cause vomiting.

Dopaminergic drugs like cocaine and meth/amphs also stimulate the "chemoreceptor trigger zone" and can make you feel sick.

You are right though, it's an aspect of the drug itself. And while I agree with your philosophy, there is a loophole, when Jesus invented ondansetron.

I'll admit, crack did make me a lot more sick than the others. Not sure why.

I sometimes will throw up if I i burn some of the chore with my crack holding that shit in makes u sick

I’ve thrown up after banging and smoking. It’s usually after the first hit/shot I take, especially if I go hard (no pun intended). Sometimes too hard? But fuck, if those bells aren’t from God himself.

I smoke quite a lot of crack and I almost always vomit after doing the first hit in a session, it just turns my stomach.

I’m about to turn 26 this year and I’ve been doing opiates and crack/coke since I was 13. I always prefer heroin because I fucking love it but dont get me wrong, I’ve smoked a lot of crack, I mean a fuck ton because I used to sell it. I’ve snorted crack, freebases crack, inject crack, attempt to dab a crack rock, etc.... moral of the story, in my opinion, you should be happy if you puke after a first big puff because that means you got that hot fire boi. Also if you tripping about puking after just smoking, IV and bang that shit one time for the one time. You’ll be doing a lot more than just puking 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Anytime I got some good-quality hard it would make me nauseous, so hopefully this is just the case.

I haven't eaten much at all today, and I decided this evening to get a few rocks. I also drank a couple of large glasses of white wine to go with it; however, after my first glass, I took a hit, and as I was holding it in, I started to get quite nauseous. I held it in as best as I could, but after a few minutes it was basically impossible to keep it down, so I ran over to the toilet and threw up everything in my stomach, including the wine, that was still a bit cold. I figured after that everything would be fine, but it wasn't: every hit I took afterwards, every time I held it in for more than 10 seconds or so, I would start to get noticeably nauseous, and just had to exhale.

Is this common with crack? It doesn't happen frequently at all with snorted or shot cocaine, but with crack, for the last month or so I've been getting at least a little nauseous every time I did it...
There is a phenomenon that happens when ingesting cocaine and alcohol simultaneously, they produce a toxic chemical called Cocaethylene which puts an extra stress on the heart and liver. this may be the culprit here. Try just the alcohol or just the coke at different times.