• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Crack smoking and vomiting.

Perhaps this isnt the right thread for this but did i smoke my crack right? I ask because idk if it's just bad stuff or my technique is wrong cause i def didnt feel any sort of rush or high. I used a glass rose and some chore, at first i read to put the rock on the end and "pre melt it" into the chore, but after a very long time with the lighter/flame right next to the rock at the end of the pipe it just would not melt at all. So after that i tried just hitting the rock at the end of the pipe and it seems it just scorched and turned into some kind of ash and i didnt feel it at all. After that i held the lighter under the rock in the glass at a distance to try and vaporize the rock and heard the crackling sounds of it and got a good hit out of it, but no high ? When i did this the glass would start smoking and the chore itself would start bruning as well causing unpleasant fumes in my lungs which didnt taste like much of crack. I cop off the streets at a bunch of different spots and i have experienced the same exact scenarios above every time...and i see other homeless people buying shit from the spots so I dont think they would be wasting their money on it if it was complete bullshit like i experienced...so I think i must be doing something wrong, so any help??

hmm, it isnt you doing anything wrong, us crackheads know good from bad, the good shit leaves no burn back in the brillow, only thick brown liquid resin leaking down the pipe, i've had rock where i would throwi in the steam, hit it and get a hit, and still see white in there, minimal rush, hit it again till the white was gone, turned into black hard ash shit, clogged the pipe, no rush or ringer, just a crave for more..junk quality

Georgie, I think Opiatekrzy is right - it sounds like you are doing nothing wrong. Yeah - - when the stuff burns black it is most likely 90% crap and 10% good stuff. Often several dealers around the same area are all selling in the same bad stuff. Perhaps the homeless people are so far gone they don't even realize they got crap. Or it could be those dealers have the good stuff and the crap and when they see you, obviously not a homeless person coming, they sell you the crap stuff.

Suggestions to consider

1) Give up on crack all together
2) Make friends with someone who hangs out in the area and offer to share with them if they can help you get good stuff and show you how to do it right
3) Try a different hood

today (monday) I did 1/2 gram of coke in my spoon, some rocks of freebase crystall .... I smoked it with my brother very fast (with bigges puff then the 2 saturday evening at 2hPM, I woke up and vomit 2 week in a row same day near same hour.) and I didnt get nauseous nor did I vomit ! .. My bro too was fine but he never vomited on the shit before.. When I vomit I vomit saliva and its on the first puff I take the others Im stilll nauseous but I dont vomit... Im I fucking special?but too I never eat when I wake up.. im always a lil bit nauseous for god knows why and I must smoke some weed like 2-3 pyrex and then Im good to eat... maybe im fucking strange?

I get nauseous when I smoke a lot or when I take big hits. I only smoke once a month for the last 4 months and the second time I smoked, I was dry heaving for a couple of hours, probably because I had nothing in my stomach. My assumption is this happened because the drug is new to me, I smoked A LOT, and I have a low tolerance.

In this case I think the dude got bad crack. I have gotten bad "fake" crack a few times and it would make me vomit after holding it for 10 seconds. Never vomitted after smoking the real thing.

The best coke/crack IV'ed always makes me puke, usually just once right as the rush hits and your head is blasting away. I've had it happen from smoking too.

of course, its an intense rush, ur smoking it, it reaches ur brain fairaly quick, and it stimulates you. back in houstin a tiny little crumb had me puking and i swore i never was a puker till i moved to texas. no prices worth was .7 grams lasted me and my girl4 hours. we bout 5 .7 bags equal an 8 ball, smoked from 11am-3am, it got to the pooint where we just kept hitting it to get rid of it we were sick of smoking it was bomb quality

Last edited by a moderator:
i will occassionally get a REALLY REALLY strong gag reflex after my first couple good hits of the day. thats about it though.

I haven't eaten much at all today, and I decided this evening to get a few rocks. I also drank a couple of large glasses of white wine to go with it; however, after my first glass, I took a hit, and as I was holding it in, I started to get quite nauseous. I held it in as best as I could, but after a few minutes it was basically impossible to keep it down, so I ran over to the toilet and threw up everything in my stomach, including the wine, that was still a bit cold. I figured after that everything would be fine, but it wasn't: every hit I took afterwards, every time I held it in for more than 10 seconds or so, I would start to get noticeably nauseous, and just had to exhale.

Is this common with crack? It doesn't happen frequently at all with snorted or shot cocaine, but with crack, for the last month or so I've been getting at least a little nauseous every time I did it...

I didn't read through the whole thread, so I'm sure someone else probably brought this up, but just in case...This is not surprising or abnormal IME. I was never into smoking Crack, but I was very addicted to shooting cocaine, as well as any other similar stimulant, such as MDPV. I would also experience the runs, which is interesting because I could have been constipated an hour earlier from using so much heroin, but all of a sudden I'd be pising brown rain from my anus.

I'm positive that the nausea and stomach cramping/runs is caused out of extreme excitement. My friend from detox a while back told me that he once actually defecated in his pants while on his way to cop some rock. I have vomited multiple times right as I'd be putting the tip of a syringe in my arm, and sometimes I'd do it very soon after fixing.

It is my understanding that really good crack makes some users vomit.

Exactly. SWIM feels like calling and thanking her connect every time she gets nauseous after taking a hit. Although she doesn't think she's ever actually thrown up (take slow, deep breaths and it goes away), the nausea and ringing ears and sure signs that you scored some good good ;)

If it's pure and you get a good hit, you may very well puke - its common. If you feel nauseated, just don't move.

I've never vomited from it, but on quite a few times I've spent the majority of the high from the first hit - the best one - on the shitter, having run there burning rubber on the way right after exhaling.

I haven't eaten much at all today, and I decided this evening to get a few rocks. I also drank a couple of large glasses of white wine to go with it; however, after my first glass, I took a hit, and as I was holding it in, I started to get quite nauseous. I held it in as best as I could, but after a few minutes it was basically impossible to keep it down, so I ran over to the toilet and threw up everything in my stomach, including the wine, that was still a bit cold. I figured after that everything would be fine, but it wasn't: every hit I took afterwards, every time I held it in for more than 10 seconds or so, I would start to get noticeably nauseous, and just had to exhale.

Is this common with crack? It doesn't happen frequently at all with snorted or shot cocaine, but with crack, for the last month or so I've been getting at least a little nauseous every time I did it...

This happened to my ex every single time she smoked to the point I didn't even get why she bothered at all. But she sure did!

lol, this is the very question I was looking for an answer to that got me to finally sign up here. Since I stopped shooting dope I gotta do something so crack it is, but almost everytime I take that first hit of the day I straight up, no holding it down projectile vomit like a fuckin' boss. It doesn't stop until everything is out of my stomach, but then I am fine for the rest of the night. If I do it two days in a row, the second day either the puking is a lot less intense, or I can stop it from happening, but if I break for more than I day, it's upchuck city. Hell I gag at just the smell of the rock. It's weird though because with chiva I'd always have to shit as soon as I had it in hand.

Oh, sorry for the necro, but at least it's related to topic.

I have something similar but its vice versa for me. A little background I'm a former heroin addict now a methadone addict, and amateur crack smoker. I only chip with crack cocaine even though the stuff around me is of high enough purity that I fail my methadone urine test for cocaine simply by touching it. My similar case it that for some odd reason I can smoke crack and IV coke (although only IV'd cocaine twice only) but as soon as I sniff the same batch of raw coke I throw up from the drip the back of my throat cause it tastes so awful that when I try to clear my throat I gag and throw up.. 8)

Holding in a massive hit of any powerful Dopaminergic is all but guaranteed to make me vomit, especially if my recent nutrition has been the kind of super healthy diet that comes with stimulant binges.

The better the crack the more likely one will vomit right after. Especially on an empty stomach. Smaller hit will prevent vomiting with next hit, but at sacrifice of rush. Mama says, "don't rob yourself by taking tiny hits."
Usually licking salt and letting it melt on the back of the tongue is a quick fix. About as much salt as one licks with a shot of tequila. Once before, a handful of a popular honey nut cereal a few minutes before smoking prevented nausea from becoming a run to the bathroom clutching the mouth closed.
Sucks that vomiting, practically upon exhale, kills the rush. Do any readers have other methods? Most posters here seem uninformed compared to the extensive experience of my Black Mama.

Last edited:
I'd say your Mama had it about right. Not going for the bell-ring first hit worked.
Trying to pace intake helps lots. To a degree also depending if your rock is bicarbonate or ammonia based.

Speed generally makes me puke (meth does, and E does, addys make me nauseous) but I've never vomited from crack. Well, either I haven't been getting very pure stuff, or I'm not taking big hits (I do get bellringers but not reliably, and I space out my hits for 15 mins each.)