Bluelight

Thread: Crack smoking and vomiting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Crack smoking and vomiting. 
    I haven't eaten much at all today, and I decided this evening to get a few rocks. I also drank a couple of large glasses of white wine to go with it; however, after my first glass, I took a hit, and as I was holding it in, I started to get quite nauseous. I held it in as best as I could, but after a few minutes it was basically impossible to keep it down, so I ran over to the toilet and threw up everything in my stomach, including the wine, that was still a bit cold. I figured after that everything would be fine, but it wasn't: every hit I took afterwards, every time I held it in for more than 10 seconds or so, I would start to get noticeably nauseous, and just had to exhale.

Is this common with crack? It doesn't happen frequently at all with snorted or shot cocaine, but with crack, for the last month or so I've been getting at least a little nauseous every time I did it...

2. Collapse Details

I'm am an ex- addict of 10 years (crack) and I have never heard of someone puking while holding a hit in.

Ever had your bowels churn when thinking about it while sober or going to score?

Why not take a 6 month break from smoking boulders?

3. Collapse Details

Very uncommon. Consider the possibility that your crack is cut with some shit (wax?).

4. Collapse Details

Dont worry, that has happened to me as well. Exact same story.......What really sucks is there is absolutely nothing to be done about it.........except get another supplier...

5. Collapse Details

yeah - either bad crack or perhaps you had a stomach virus already when you started and it was just bad timing. The only time I got naseous is when I had some really bad crack. Also, I like a few shots of vodka with my hits though wine does work well too!

6. Collapse Details

One word ~ gag... I can't even think of Rock W/out gagging. Probably numbness of the esophagus

7. Collapse Details

I have actually heard that puking on crack is quite common, especially if you don't have a high tolerance to it.
    Plus I imagine the alcohol didn't help. I would say wait at least an hour after drinking your wine to smoke next time.

8. Collapse Details

actually I have drunk wine, beer and vodka before and during smoking crack and never had a problem. The one time a buddy of mine and I both puked with crack it was bad bad stuff.

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    It's happened to me a couple times. Not usually on the first hit unless I've taken a lot of opiates but...

I know exactly what you mean, you puke 5 seconds after the bells. Then the smell makes you queezy and all that.

It usually happends when people take hits that are too big. Once you take one that's past your max every one after it is gunna make you puke. It's you not the shit. Try starting out smaller. You also should have eaten cause I've gone a day and a half without and it makes it worse. Usually I try eating yogurt or something afterwards to help my stomach.

Also, a water pipe vs. a straight shooter would help with the harshness.

Be careful man,

Akomplice

10. Collapse Details

I always, ALWAYS puke when I get a bell-ringer. Purity has nothing to do with it for me.

11. Collapse Details

I have never vomited but have experienced extreme nausea due to taking too large a blast.

I second the advice to the effect of reducing the size of your hits.

12. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoolameet View Post
    I have actually heard that puking on crack is quite common, especially if you don't have a high tolerance to it.
    Plus I imagine the alcohol didn't help. I would say wait at least an hour after drinking your wine to smoke next time.
    You're very correct, every time I IV'd cocaine (similar instantaneous flood of cocaine like crack is), I vomited a lot, typically within seconds of the rush.

13. Collapse Details

Lurking around the corner of your nearest methadone clinic
    wow, thats like me, although I usually felt like I was going to vomit right before the shot.. I also always feel like I'm going to shit when I think about I.V coke. I had a friend who was a crackhead who said he shat his pants on his way to cop haha..

14. Collapse Details

good crack makes me vomit. and quite a few others.

really not that uncommon at all.

15. Collapse Details

Hmmm - - I only smoke it - never IV's and even when I get a nice bellringer I have not vomited. But also I have a very stong stomach, travel a lot, eat exotic foods and have no issues. Maybe I have never taken that super wild huge hit for a huge bellringer and vomiting or maybe I am lucky.

16. Collapse Details

Okay let me tell u something I dont do crack but I blow a lot of cocaine and I can tell u that sometimes I get nauseous like 60 min after my last blow but thats only when I stop... never when I take it.

17. Collapse Details

Seriously some of you say it's uncommon? Lol, it's so damn common. It has nothing to do with, "well that shit's cut to crap bad yo". I think it's usually because of having a low tolerance and simply not being used to it....something that's not good to get used to in the first place. If you're going to get addicted to something, become a slave to something that at least lasts a few hours. I kid of course....about getting addicted you fool

18. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    I've never gotten even remotely nauseated from crack, or IV coke for that matter.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by EveryStar View Post
    I haven't eaten much at all today, and I decided this evening to get a few rocks. I also drank a couple of large glasses of white wine to go with it; however, after my first glass, I took a hit, and as I was holding it in, I started to get quite nauseous. I held it in as best as I could, but after a few minutes it was basically impossible to keep it down, so I ran over to the toilet and threw up everything in my stomach, including the wine, that was still a bit cold. I figured after that everything would be fine, but it wasn't: every hit I took afterwards, every time I held it in for more than 10 seconds or so, I would start to get noticeably nauseous, and just had to exhale.

Is this common with crack? It doesn't happen frequently at all with snorted or shot cocaine, but with crack, for the last month or so I've been getting at least a little nauseous every time I did it...
    It's never happened to me, even when I've been on other things that have the potential to make me nauseous.
    I'd guess it's cut-related also. Or your body's doing you a favour?

20. Collapse Details

^That's what I thought my few times doing it. I don't THINK it was cut related because it's happened to me from a handful of sources from different regions and times.

21. Collapse Details

Definitely not cut related. In fact, in my experience, I have a low tolerance (was never big into smoking crack, but would sometimes smoke some to supplement my heroin) and the more pure the crack, the more nauseous it makes me (and it wasn't from combining with heroin - this was during the phase of my use where the heroin wasn't even getting me high, just making me feel normal).

The average quality rock we get around here (Detroit) doesn't make me nauseous at all. But once, I had some incredibly potent crack (euphoric, not overly stimulating, no paranoia, very relaxed high, etc. - all the signs of high quality cocaine) and it made me throw up after taking only two large hits. Each hit after made me nauseous for a few minutes after exhaling, but it was nothing that sitting down couldn't fix. In fact, if I would have been sitting on that second hit, I probably wouldn't have puked, but for some reason I like to stand up when smoking.

I smoked this same batch a few more times in the following weeks and puked a couple more times, but not every time, though it did make me nauseous every time.

It has nothing to do with how impure it is, but more to do with how pure it is. If you have a lower tolerance, the chances of throwing up are much higher.

EDIT - just realized that I didn't puke because of holding the smoke in. I puked minutes later after the effects kicked in, minutes after letting all the smoke out, so it was obviously the purity. If you're puking from the smoke and not the effects, then it very well could be a cut.

22. Collapse Details

Thanks for the clarification. I should however clarify that the first time I smoked crack I immediately puked.. LOL, everyone was so mad.

23. Collapse Details

Sometimes when I've smoked crack I feel the need to vomit however what comes isn't vomit but just saliva/phlegm, anyone know what causes this?

24. Collapse Details

Well, other than you perhaps having an empty stomach before smoking(?), then I'm afraid not minddetergent.

I'm guessing that the puking is to do with Dopamine then? That's the only thing that makes any sense to me.

6/7 - It seems I get alright quality stuff then (no nasty Amphetamine-type cuts etc.) as it's always, always a relaxed high with no paranoia or other unpleasurables. I can actually quite easily go to sleep afterwards too!
    It's not amazingly strong so it'll likely have a bit more Sodium Bicarbonate added, but still no nausea for me.
    Sorry it happens to you guys.

25. Collapse Details

It is my understanding that really good crack makes some users vomit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast