• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV Ritalin and IV Oxycodone

Korn3x

Bluelighter
Sorry for all of the reading :|, but I do have some pretty decent questions, so try to bear through it all and answer as many questions as you can.

Thinking about IVing Ritalin and Oxycodone tomorrow. A few questions i need answered though. i did some searching but didn't really come across a whole lot about adjusting dosages, or when would be the best time to IV each substance.

The first thing i'm gonna shoot is Ritalin. would 20mg or 30mg be a better dose? I have decent experience with stimulants like coke, adderall, ritalin, and focalin, but I've never IVed a stimulant before so I don't want the dose to make me too edgy. I also haven't done any stimulants in awhile so i'm assuming my tolerance is pretty much at baseline. I know from past experience that Ritalin is a sensitive drug, and going from slightly euphoric to jittery is very easy to do. For this reason i was thinking that 20mg would be a good starting dose since i would be IVing it and all, but would like to hear some input from other users who have experience IVing ritalin as to what to expect and how long the pleasurable part of the high lasts, or if i should be injecting more than 20mg.

Is shooting ritalin a lot like shooting coke? I also did some searching and people say that shooting coke is a lot more intense because you get a bellringer, which doesn't happen with IV ritalin. I also came across this thread, which contains an extraction explained by PhreeX if you scroll down a tiny bit: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37071&highlight=methylphenidate

Is the extraction necessary for the best effects? the pills i have are the 10mg white ones, so they're not colored at all if that makes a difference on the binders/fillers in the pill.

also, do i need to adjust the amount of oxycodone I shoot? i normally shoot 90mg, so if I do need to adjust my dose, how many mg would be appropriate?

or would I only need to adjust my oxycodone dose if i was shooting both at the same time?

is the combo any good with oxy and ritalin? or would it be better to shoot the ritalin, enjoy that for an hour, and then shoot my normal dose of oxy when i feel the ritalin to start to wear off? I definitely don't want to put my body through too much stress, so if it's more advisable to split the two shots up by an hour then i'll do that.

Personally, I would save the Oxycodone for the comedown, but mixing them might make it so that the comedown isn't so bad.

I have to say, though, that for harm reduction purposes, I would advise against combining the two. IV Ritalin, from what I've heard (never tried it myself; I don't like Ritalin at all) is pretty uncomfortable, but that is just based off of a few subjective reports I've read. I do know first hand, though, that IV Oxycodone sucks. You are MUCH better taking it orally or snorting it.

So, if you're dead set on mixing the two, maybe think of another route of administration other than IV for both. If you're open to not mixing them, do the Ritalin first (however you choose, just be careful with IV) and snort/eat the Oxycodone on the comedown.

Personally, I would save the Oxycodone for the comedown, but mixing them might make it so that the comedown isn't so bad.

I have to say, though, that for harm reduction purposes, I would advise against combining the two. IV Ritalin, from what I've heard (never tried it myself; I don't like Ritalin at all) is pretty uncomfortable, but that is just based off of a few subjective reports I've read. I do know first hand, though, that IV Oxycodone sucks. You are MUCH better taking it orally or snorting it.

So, if you're dead set on mixing the two, maybe think of another route of administration other than IV for both. If you're open to not mixing them, do the Ritalin first (however you choose, just be careful with IV) and snort/eat the Oxycodone on the comedown.

ya i feel you on the IV oxycodone. i normally plug it, but IVing it isn't too bad either. when I IV it i can actually catch a nod for the beginning of the high, which never happens to me when i plug my dose. when i plug my oxy, the high is more enjoyable in the later stages of the high, but when I IV it, it's a lot more intense for the beginning of the high.

i'll keep my mind open tho. i might end up plugging the oxy. it all depends in what mood i'm in, and if i'm with company or not. plugging around other people isn't as socially acceptable as shooting with other people if you get my drift lol.

i know it was a lot of questions, but does no one have any input on experience with IV ritalin?

ok, well since i didn't get a lot of replies, i'll post my results so far in case this information helps someone in the future.

20mg of IV ritalin is definitely a great starting dose for a first timer. the rush is very nice and clean. definitely the best and most effective way to take ritalin i think. the only downfall is the increase in heart beat can be overbearing at times, so if you're sensitive you might want to start lower, like around 10mg or 15 mg instead.

i definitely wouldn't recommend starting at 30mg as i read in some posts when i was searching. in fact i may even lower my dose to 15mg next time just so that there's not so much of a load on my heart, and in order to try and minimize the amount of strain being put on my body.

it wasn't the most intense thing i've ever experienced, so i'm pretty positive that IV coke would be a lot more intense and euphoric. nevertheless, it was a very positive experience with an increase in mood and talkativeness.

ill be plugging my normal dose of oxycodone once the high starts to wear off in a little bit, so if anyone has any information why i shouldn't be plugging my normal dose, please chime in.

hope this information comes of use to someone in the future, since there was a lot of slightly mixed information on IVing ritalin

^ You should be fine plugging the oxycodone, and good tip to other users regarding dosage of IV methylphenidate, it's always good to start low and work your way up. :)

^^
sounds good :)

and ya i'm really glad i started at 20mg instead of 30mg. 30mg would definitely have been way too much stress on my body, and i'm of decent size and have naturally low blood pressure as it is. anything more than 20mg for someone with normal blood pressure would be pushing it i think.

not sure if blood pressure is relative or not to how uncomfortable it'll make your heart rate feel, but it's just a general assumption i made.

The only stimulant I see fit for IVing is meth, I wouldn't even bother IVing racemic amphetamine, and I certainly never want to try Ritalin even orally. Just my 2 cents.

I would advise taking the Ritalin orally, and plugging (or possibly IVing) the oxycodone. It's really up to you, there are some Bluelighters here with experience that might be able to chime in.

^^
ritalin orally isn't very effective, so if anything i would either plug it or snort it.

but ya i feel you on the ritalin, it's kind of shitty, but the pills can usually be acquired for cheap, so it's better than a kick in the face i'd say lol.

^^
ritalin orally isn't very effective, so if anything i would either plug it or snort it.

but ya i feel you on the ritalin, it's kind of shitty, but the pills can usually be acquired for cheap, so it's better than a kick in the face i'd say lol.

Knowing the oxycodone will probably last longer plugged, you might want to try plugging both together, you might like the effects that way, and it's a lot safer than IVing ritalin.

There's a post in the Case Studies thread about why IV ritalin can be bad. Another case study about IV ritalin. Obviously this doesn't happen to all people who IV ritalin, however it is a good reason why it's not the best thing to make a habit out of doing.

The OC's have the same issue (talc), so the same thing goes for OC's. Obviously you aren't doing this daily yet, so good job on that! :)

^^
ya i ended up plugging the oxycodone last night, and even though i wasn't able to catch a nod, the high is a lot more enjoyable and lasts longer when i plug it. i miss the nod sometimes tho..

i'll definitely check out those case studies threads tho. thx for the info capn!

^^
ya i ended up plugging the oxycodone last night, and even though i wasn't able to catch a nod, the high is a lot more enjoyable and lasts longer when i plug it. i miss the nod sometimes tho..

i'll definitely check out those case studies threads tho. thx for the info capn!

No problem!

I think Ritalin is better for plugging.

I would trust lenses' Concerta extraction method more than I would Ritalin for IVing methylphenidate.

Then again it's a non-issue to me since I would never prefer to use methylphenidate, but it's really up to you.

I've heard that I.V ritalin is a lot like I.V coke, which I'm really fond of. I've also heard that it doesn't giving you the ringing in your ears, so my question is, what makes it similar?

I've heard that I.V ritalin is a lot like I.V coke, which I'm really fond of. I've also heard that it doesn't giving you the ringing in your ears, so my question is, what makes it similar?

They're both dopamine reuptake inhibitors (DRI's).

alright i got to check it out, I mean I knew they were both stimulants and all, Its just that the only thing that I find makes I.V coke special is that ringing and how you get that nice taste in your mouth and nose.

^^
well i didn't experience any of those, so it might not be as special for you. the rush is good tho, but i'm sure IV coke is more intense than what i experienced.

Iv methylphenidate

I am a first time user of this bluelight special. i have checked this site out many times and must say its the best most informative site out their for what i am looking for. I like to iv prescription drugs and would like to know a step by step method to injectiong oxycontin, oxycodone, and methylphenidate especially. would greatly appreciate your response.. thanks.

I am a first time user of this bluelight special. i have checked this site out many times and must say its the best most informative site out their for what i am looking for. I like to iv prescription drugs and would like to know a step by step method to injectiong oxycontin, oxycodone, and methylphenidate especially. would greatly appreciate your response.. thanks.