• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Big n Dandy 4-FA (4-fluoroamphetamine) thread v.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting some of this soon, maybe two weeks or so. From what I read it is a mixture of MDMA and amphetamine, but has significantly less neurotoxic effects than MDMA, which isn't even that neurotoxic at all. I can't find any sources for this though.

I don't think there are any studies to back that up, so I wouldn't regard it as true.

No studies, I guess its all subjective. I've taken Selegiline, Dexedrine and about to take some of this 4FA. I'm doing it at a low dosage since I've already had so many stimulants.

^No, neurotoxicity is not subjective. It is definitely really happening independently of mind.

Selegiline and 4FA sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, I hope you know what you're doing.

I know its toxic, and I won't pretend that it is harmless. All amphetamines hurt your brain, but I don't have a correct comparison for how toxic it is.

You are correct that those substances can be disastrous. I have done the combination (amphetamine and selegiline) a few times, and after a few days, I lose feelings and feel cold and robotic.

This substance tastes of a sour, slightly bitter taste. It is pleasantly serotonic, but causes great amounts of vasoconstriction, especially my feet.

Selegiline stops the enzymes that normally break down amphetamines from working. Those enzymes also break down the neurotransmitters that amphetamines release. When you combine those two drugs, you run the risk of neurotransmitters reaching dangerous levels. Psychosis, serotonin syndrome and hypertensive crises are not trifling matters. Please, please be careful. The comparison isn't to the toxicity other amphetamines, this particular combo is a can of worms that presents hazards above and beyond normal stimulant use. I wouldn't touch it, but it's your funeral. Not literally, I hope.

Does that mean that its protecting me by combing both? I think you're trying to say that the enzymes are MAOIs and they break down the transmitters? I have experienced psychosis only by staying up, and serotonin syndrome I have never had. My BPM is still under 120, 108 and my normal resting rate is 77. I've combined it before.
Thank you for caring. I have always been careful, except this combination is indeed dangerous. I think it would be a sudden effect rather than a combined effect of taking it often, but I'm not sure.

NO! The enzymes are MAO (monoamine oxidase), selegiline is an MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor) that stops those enzymes from working. MAO would usually catalyse the breakdown of amphetamines, and of serotonin, adrenaline and dopamine. Selegiline stops the enzyme from doing that, so you end up with much higher levels of amphetamine, and of neurotransmitters, than you would otherwise have had. Sorry I did not explain clearly.

Perhaps you should read up on the subject a little:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAOI#Dangers

Thank you, I knew of that, but I didn't understand it by your previous wording. I have researched the subject previously, but it seems that selegiline isn't as dangerous as other MAOIs, I've even eaten cheese on it with no problem. I don't think its that dangerous, because I have done it before, but the danger of course is present. I don't suggest others do what I have done of course.

I've even eaten cheese on it with no problem.
LOL, this is truly legendary, especially if taken out of context. =D

Perhaps it should be mentioned that amphetamines are a bit (like a factor 100) more worrisome then tyramine, which is - by the way - only present in significant quantities in certain types of (overaged) cheese. (This is serious, no intention of mockery or anything here)

^Sir, I am a seller of cheeses, you are (I presume) Dutch, I hope we can agree that there is no such thing as "over-aged cheese". Do you not appreciate a fine oude kaas?

But yeah, IS, tread with caution please.

This one is non-neurotoxic in rats, I wouldn't worry so much

Link to an abstract please? I know Transform'll be interested as well.

Fuller RW, Baker JC, Perry KW, Molloy BB. "Comparison of 4-chloro-, 4-bromo- and 4-fluoroamphetamine in rats: drug levels in brain and effects on brain serotonin metabolism." Neuropharmacology. 1975 Oct;14(10):739-46.

Abstract
The ability of 4-chloroamphetamine, 4-bromoamphetamine, and 4-fluoroamphetamine to deplete brain 5-hydroxyindoles and some pharmacokinetic properties of these drugs were compared in rats. Half-lives of the three compounds in rat brain were 3.7, 4.4, and 5.7 hr, respectively for the 4-fluoro, 4-chloro, and 4-bromo amphetamines. The tendency of the drugs to be associated with paniculate material in brain homogenates or to prefer an organic versus an aqueous phase in vitro varied in the order 4-bromo > 4-chloro > 4-fluoro. This order of activity also applied to the inhibition of monoamine oxidase in vitro. All three 4-haloamphetamines reduced the activity of tryptophan hydroxylase and lowered the levels of serotonin and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid in whole brain initially. With 4-chloroamphetamine and 4-bromoamphetamine, the depletion of brain 5-hydroxyindoles lasted for at least a week. 4-Fluoroamphetamine, in contrast, lowered serotonin and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid levels only for short times (2–6 hr) after drug injection, and 5-hydroxyindole levels were essentially back to normal within 24 hr. Prior treatment with an uptake inhibitor prevented the serotonin depletion by all of the haloamphetamines, indicating they all required the membrane uptake pump for entry into the neurone. The effect of 4-bromoamphetamine, like that of 4-chloroamphetamine, could be reversed by subsequent injection of the uptake inhibitor after short periods but not after 24–48 hr. The failure of 4-fluoroamphetamine to produce a long-lasting depletion of brain serotonin like that produced by 4-chloroamphetamine or 4-bromoamphetamine may reflect the inability of the fluoro-compound to be metabolized in the same way as the other haloamphetamines.

There is no mention of toxicity with regards to dopaminergic neurons, but I am hopeful.

LOL, this is truly legendary, especially if taken out of context. =D

Perhaps it should be mentioned that amphetamines are a bit (like a factor 100) more worrisome then tyramine, which is - by the way - only present in significant quantities in certain types of (overaged) cheese. (This is serious, no intention of mockery or anything here)
Oh make fun of me if you want, life is too short to be butthurt! :) I didn't get the joke though, what do you mean?
NSFW:
Dick cheese?

This one is non-neurotoxic in rats, I wouldn't worry so much
Thanks for the link. It doesn't do anything to serotonin, but there isn't mention of dopamine. I've combined Dexedrine, Selegiline and 4FA, and its pleasant, but nothing more than a feel of amphetamine. No empathy at 10mg dosage.

Thanks for the link. It doesn't do anything to serotonin, but there isn't mention of dopamine. I've combined Dexedrine, Selegiline and 4FA, and its pleasant, but nothing more than a feel of amphetamine. No empathy at 10mg dosage.

There's some reason to believe it won't, 4-Cl/4-Br amphetamine are selective for 5HT toxicity (6-OH-DA is what you use for selective DA toxicity!)

Last edited:
^ So you're saying that all the three drugs were created to destroy neurons? I wonder what 4FA was created for...
Thanks for that, I learned something today. :)

Another thing I learned is that I will not eat cheese with Selegiline again or mix the 3. My heart goes way up when I'm not resting, even walking around my heart beats much heavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.