• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Freebasing MDPV?

islander20

Bluelighter
I've been doing a lot of searching and can't find any solid info on this. A little snippet here or there but nothing to clear. What is the best way to go about this? Just mix an equal amount of MDPV with baking soda and a bit of water then heat? Is this safer/better than smoking the salt?

Also this will be my first time smoking MDPV, I would love to hear about your experiences, hard to find an actual trip report about it.

Thanks

I have never done the freebase but smoked the salt. I just wanted to say that I found smoking the salt very corrosive. I would smoke and get what felt like mild throat irritation. After smoking off and on for a week I looked at my mouth in the mirror. My gums had mildly receded and showed veins where my gums and lips meet. I had bumps on the back of tongue. There was a spot on the top of my mouth where the smoke hit that was white from what I guess were dying cells. My throat was inflamed with small veins exposed. I could only imagine what the rest of my throat and my longs looked like. This amount of damage for how little I smoked has made me never want to do MDPV by smoking again. During this time I brushed my teeth once a day.

The urge to take this drug is still strong so I put it somewhere it is difficult for me to access. For me MDPV didn't provide much euphoria, just a stimulated "I can get stuff done" feel. If I take too much, I get axious and paranoid. If you decide to smoke, monitor what damage it does to your mouth. Than decide if you think its still worth it.

Are pyrovalerones stable as the free base? IIRC some of the beta ketones don't like being in the free base form. I know MDPV degrades in aqueous solution (as the salt)

And yeah, dissolve it in water, basify the water, and then hope you can get the base out by warming it like you can with cocaine, otherwise extract with a non-polar solvent and evap the solvent to get your product. You want to use as concentrated a solution as possible, and add the base as a solution (otherwise you get unreacted whatever-base in your product because it gets covered with drug freebase).

Theres still not a clear answer here. Much time has passed does someone actually have experience with this and can compare it to the salt?

I bought some that was in Freebase form once.....terrible way to do this already crazy potent stimulant. I got way too sketchy from one hit out of a glass pipe...tiny amount. I would stay away...just take tiny tiny bumps of this one....or go the oral route which is smooth as can be.

I was under the impression that mdpv freebase rapidly degraded? I remember reading here that the freebase exsist as an oil (which is what you seem to get when you precip it out with baking soda) and that the oil would disentigrate fast enough that you had to pretty much vaporize it right after it was made... I'll have to see if I can find the post I'm thinking of because its possible Im remembering something from a dream lol.

Only thing I can add from experience is that the freebase form seems to be much less corrosiv e when vaporized compared to the salt.

If you had pipe with a lot of resign from smoking it how would you get it out and would it still be as strong as the salt.. or even the freebase. I was thinking reagent acetone.

Are pyrovalerones stable as the free base? IIRC some of the beta ketones don't like being in the free base form. I know MDPV degrades in aqueous solution (as the salt)

And yeah, dissolve it in water, basify the water, and then hope you can get the base out by warming it like you can with cocaine, otherwise extract with a non-polar solvent and evap the solvent to get your product. You want to use as concentrated a solution as possible, and add the base as a solution (otherwise you get unreacted whatever-base in your product because it gets covered with drug freebase).

hope?
What happens if it doesnt form a nice precipitate at the bottom of the spoon like when cooking cocaine? We don't exactly have any non polar sovlents back at home base lol. What should I do if I try to cook this on a spoon and it doesnt precipitate?

Wait so isopropyl will work? Cuz I got that lol

Wait so isopropyl will work? Cuz I got that lol

Just find some nail varnish remover, it's normally a minimum of 80% acetone.
I couldn't tell you if isopropyl will work, but if acetone does, most ketones will too.
I don't really understand why you're trying to freebase it though, it smokes fine as the HCL.

^ Non-polar solvents abound at Homebase. Acetone, and all alcohols are non-polar.

Absolutely incorrect. Acetone and alcohols are both typical polar organic solvent, ratter has more polarity. Keto group =O, and hydroxy group -OH, are hydrophilic, polar functional group, due to electrophile property. Acetone and primary alcohols which a number of carbon atoms in the alkyl chain lower than 3 are concentrate with water at any ratio, while alcohols which has longer alkyl chain like 1-octanol is not soluble in water, though it does not mean that 1-octanol is non-polar. 1-octanol is hydrophobic but also polar, due to having -OH group.
In this case acetone is not useful to extract. If you pour acetone to aqueous layer it seems to be nothing to change because acetone and water concentrate at any ratio, so you had better to pour hexane or toluene (not recommended due to its toxicity), both non-polar solvent, then you can separate organic layer from aqueous layer.

Last edited:
What is the temperature range when heating?

Though it may be needed the analysing and temperature controlling facilitates most of those in here don't have, and also I don't then cannot answer correctly. However, it seems to be no problem at lower than 40 degrees celsius, although not be demonstrated. The temperature does not relate so much in this reaction. The most related criteria in this reaction might be the pH of aqueous layer and what organic solvent you use.

The best method for preparing salt for smoking is detailed at length in this recent thread:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=541627

In short, first you freebase it, then leave the freebase with air and water for a while to decompose into the far superior "tan MDPV". Don't bother trying to just freebase in a spoon with baking soda then smoke, I've tried that method many times and it just doesn't work.

Arrrrrrrrrggghh...

I wish someone could explain whats actually happening in that thread. It would be so nice to be able to get an IV-able, bicarb-free end product. And without losing ~50% of the initial product. Never been a fan of the smoking ROA w/ PeeVee. (Not to discredit stuffmonger in anyway, the mans a godsend!)

I've been doing some testing today and haven't been able to notice any difference what so ever from when I freebase MDPV or vaporize the salt. My MDPV is a little tan though...

^ That's cos there are no differences in effects between freebase and HCl form of peevee. The effects are basically identical - freebase is just a pain in the arse to do, very unstable and a total waste of effort. The salt vapes at extremely low temperature so is not a problem to vape - freebase can literallly evaporate in front of your eyes before you can even get it on the pipe sometimes it's so feckin' unstable. Not advisable for any but the most experienced users, but the salt is also very easy to prep for IV - just add water, nothing else required.

The Stuffmonger Technique posted above looks very intriguing indeed. If he really has cracked the recipe for reproducing genuine tan peevee (not the crap sold as tan since which is generally just had a colouring added to plain ol' white peevee HCl to make it seem more interesting) then he will be worshipped as a god by many. Hopefully get to try some produced by that method sometime soon. Other than that, just use the white/not-really-tan-but-tinted-tan stuff as is for all ROA :)