• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diluted Bleach Water and Shooting Question

BuckieGoldstein

Bluelighter
I have a question because I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I dropped a media bottle on the floor in the rest room (we have tile floors) and it shattered. Four days worth of good stuff is laying there in a puddle (it was prepared with a 20 micron filter and is close to medical grade), so I rolled up some cotton and sucked it up into a 3cc syringe. It still looks clean, and the floor is definitely clean, but its a floor, and its in a restroom, so obviously the potential for bacterial and viral contamination is there.

I was thinking about doing this:

Get a cup of water and dilute one or two drops of bleach in the water. Then, take one or two drops of that diluted bleach and put it into the syringe and let it sit over night to kill any viruses or bacteria etc. Then I would push it through a clean 20 micron filter for good measure back into a clean media bottle.

My only concern with this is whether or not that amount of bleach would actually kill anything and / or would that amount of bleach bring me any harm when I iv it?

I really would hate to toss the mix, but I would hate losing an arm more so.

Thank you,

Buck

i remember reading something in a pamphlet about AIDS that if youre going to share needles, you should use bleach on the needle before sharing it (as in right after another mofo uses it) to kill germs, id bet youd be fine, but i dont know...

I have a question because I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

I dropped a media bottle on the floor in the rest room (we have tile floors) and it shattered. Four days worth of good stuff is laying there in a puddle (it was prepared with a 20 micron filter and is close to medical grade), so I rolled up some cotton and sucked it up into a 3cc syringe. It still looks clean, and the floor is definitely clean, but its a floor, and its in a restroom, so obviously the potential for bacterial and viral contamination is there.

I was thinking about doing this:

Get a cup of water and dilute one or two drops of bleach in the water. Then, take one or two drops of that diluted bleach and put it into the syringe and let it sit over night to kill any viruses or bacteria etc. Then I would push it through a clean 20 micron filter for good measure back into a clean media bottle.

My only concern with this is whether or not that amount of bleach would actually kill anything and / or would that amount of bleach bring me any harm when I iv it?

I really would hate to toss the mix, but I would hate losing an arm more so.

Thank you,

Buck

What is the exact drug you dropped?

Honestly, my advice would be to use another route of administration for this batch that you dropped. You are obviously concerned with safe injecting techniques (micron filtering) which is a great thing, so why risk it?

Whatever drug it is, its only 4 days worth, so my advice would be to plug it, or let the solution evaporate and snort it. I wouldn't put it in my veins after it dropped on the floor.-DG

EDIT- by the way, I just noticed that this was my 1000th post, Im happy that it was one that related to harm reduction.-DG

EDIT- by the way, I just noticed that this was my 1000th post, Im happy that it was one that related to harm reduction.-DG

CONGRATULATIONS! THATS AWESOME!

The drug is OxyCodone extracted from pills, filtered twice. I use bactiriostatic (sp) water so that the solution cannot get bacterial growth just sitting in a sealed media bottle for a few weeks. This one was produced a week ago.

I can't plug it ... well ... I suppose I COULD, but I don't know the first thing about plugging - what to purchase, how to do it, etc. and the solution is so minute, that I dont know if it would work. you're talking less than .5cc of solution ... compared to a colon, that's nothing.

I am on antibiotics right now, and I'm sure some heavily diluted bleach cant really hurt me. I don't see how it could. I've read about people accidentally shooting pure bleach and while it completely ruined their vein, they didn't die (well, not in this case because it wasn't enough from what I recall, but people have died injecting bleach before it was just a ton of it.) Hell, tap water has a certain amount of chlorine in it, and people use that every day for injection prep. 2 drops of bleach per 2 cups of water, then 2 drops of THAT in the mix just CANT be significant, yet when you read the clorox web site for killing germs, they recommend X number of drops of bleach per GALLON of water, then spraying that onto a surface and letting it sit either a few minutes or overnight depending on the germ you want to kill.

I'll think about it some more but I think I'm talking myself into at least trying it. I can always shoot a 1/4 dose then see how I do and go from there.

Thanks for the replies,

Buck

DO NOT introduce bleach to anything you plan on injecting. Chlorine is in drinking water at a rate of 4 parts of chlorine per 1,000,000 parts of water. To even be effective at sanitizing, bleach needs to be diluted at a rate of 1 part bleach to 9 parts water!

I would throw all the crap away if it were me, but, if you simply cannot do this, using the .22 micron filters should theoretically remove most all bacteria. Then all you need to worry about is mainlining some kind of virus (and the bleach would need to be WAAAY to strong to inject to kill viruses anyway) or other contaminants/chemicals from the floor.

You're doing exactly what you said above, talking yourself into trying it. I dont know what your story is man, but this is exactly where addiction can make you rationalize things that are crazy. Do not shoot bleach containing liquid and if you can at all avoid it, do not shoot liquid you soaked up from a restroom floor!

plugging is easy. just use a syringe with no needle and be sure to evacuate (and enema if necessary) before administration.