• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone IR 30Mg, Roxies, Sublingually?

QuinnMallory

Greenlighter
Hey guys, was reading some posts on Oxy's and Roxy's and found some pretty good information. I personally take Roxy's daily and I've always found that swalling them or taking them orally was more effective for me than snorting them. It always seemed to last longer and that was always important for me and my wallet. However, I was reading some posts that people have been known to take them sublingually (put them under your tongue), and let them dissolve. The bio-availability for Roxy's is higher when taken orally rather than insufflation I know that, but what about sublingually? Does this work just as good as swallowing them or better? Thanks for your advice and information ahead and time.

I honestly don't think it is worth the trouble of holding that fairly nasty tasting mush under your tongue. The bio-availability is so high when taken orally, that I would just stick to swallowing them. You could crush and parachute for a slightly faster onset.

^^ Some people dont mind the taste

Does anyone have any actual answers on the effects?

Yea i actually dont mind the taste at alll ! IME they seem to hit a lil harder and the onset is quicker but dont plan on talking for a good 10, 15 minutes while it dissolves and absorbs..

I've found that sublingual is the perfect compromise between the rush/strength of snorting and the long lasting effect of swallowing. As for the taste - absolutely delicious. I guess the people who don't think so have never smelt or swallowed opium. Being able to taste the organic source is the nicest part of sucking on them.

Last edited:
^While I am not doubting your statements, I do have some questions.. You really think oxycodone smells like opium? I know oxy is derived from thebaine, but i find it hard to believe that that would cause the pill to smell/taste like natural opium.

As for your statement about the rush, I also find thathard to believe. I know mucus membranes in your mouth absorb the drug quiclkly, but I find it hard to believe it causes a real, legitimate, "Rush". You may feel the effects rising in intensity very quickly, but still not a real rush.

Plugging would be a better option, assuming you aren't one of those people who is against plugging.. The membranes in the rectum absorb it very quickly, and hits you very very fast. Closest thing to a rush you can get from oxy, aside from OC. (Although OC barely even has a rush injected.)

OxyCodone, Roxicetts, are the most delicious tasting thing in the world. What's up with you people?!

OxyCodone, Roxicetts, are the most delicious tasting thing in the world. What's up with you people?!

Not everyone enjoys that sharp, bitter, chemical taste.
I personally don't feel that the tradeoff (taste for effect) would be worthwhile.

It has nothing to do with effect. They are delicious. If they made oxycodone flavored M&Ms, I'd eat them 3 meals a day.

Whether people like, dislike, or can at least put up with the taste of a pill(s) that contains oxycodone seems irrelevant to the OP's question and this thread generally. The issue is; how do the effects from oxycodone taken sublingually, differ from the effects of oxycodone when taken orally(but in POWDER form), or when snorted? ---(could even include plugged as well, IV oxycodone seems to me a separate issue all together)
So, assuming for the sake of discussion, that a person can deal with the taste of oxycodone long enough to dissolve a given pill/powder sublingually, IME and IMO, taking the oxy SL results in effects that are different from both snorting and swallowing oxy. The different effects SL offers versus snorting and swallowing are SMALL, there is not a really significant difference between swallowing a crushed up oxy (aka parachuting) and taking an oxy SL. BUT, whatever the different effects are, NONE of them are negative in any way.
Oxy taken SL absorbs slightly faster than swallowing a crushed up oxy pill, the faster rate of absorption results in a more pleasurable experience. I believe the BA for SL oxy is less than the BA for orally ingested oxy, BUT, that doesn't matter! Because, whatever amount of oxy that is not absorbed by the membranes and capillaries under the tongue and inside the mouth, will remain in one's saliva, and be absorbed by the stomach when the person is done taking the oxy SL and eventually swallows the saliva/oxy mixture.
Therefore, as a factual matter, taking oxy SL can only be as pleasant, or more pleasant, than parachuting the oxy. It cannot ever result in less pleasurable, or weaker effects, because 1) the oxy will be absorbed by the stomach anyway, and 2) the oxy wont be damaged or broken down by anything in one's saliva, so even if not much drug is absorbed, it will all stay intact when swallowed, and 3) the BA for oxy taken SL is high enough that a significant portion of the dose will be absorbed while in the mouth. This means that the potential problem of absorbing a little bit in the mouth and a little bit in the stomach--essentially taking 2 small doses instead of 1 large dose will not occur.
So, only good can come from taking oxy SL--just make sure to swallow all your spit when your finished. And if you cant stand the taste, then don't worry b/c it isn't like IV admin or anything, you're not missing anything amazing, but if you can handle the taste, i'd definitely try it out.

It has nothing to do with effect. They are delicious. If they made oxycodone flavored M&Ms, I'd eat them 3 meals a day.

^^^ That's great. lol

I must say that after being prescribed them for several years, I also have become quite fond of the taste. In fact, there is some dripping down the back of my throat as we speak. :)

WP

Hi I am new here so this is my first post/reply, if I mess something up to tell me! I have a fairly decent tolerance to most opiates for future reference. I started taking oxycodone sublingually instead of just swallowing them, I dip snuff (tobacco) and thought about how the nicotine is absorbed quickly into the gum and cheek line so I got this idea. I pop the pills in my mouth and crunch them, then I just stick them in my lip for roughly 30 minutes or until completely dissolved. You will know it is completely dissolved when there is a white goop in your lip, at this point just get your drink of choice and swallow the rest. My theory in sublingually dissolving the pills before swallowing the rest is that if you have eaten it bypasses having to swallow MOST (not all) of the pills and therefore there isnt nearly as much loss in effectiveness due to a filled stomach or the high acidity in your stomach. When I thought of this I compared it to how alcohol is absorbed, if you have something on your stomach, some of the alcohol absorbs into that, a minor amount absorbs into your stomach lining, and the rest absorbs into your small intestine. My theory is the same holds true to pills.

Hi I am new here so this is my first post/reply, if I mess something up to tell me! I have a fairly decent tolerance to most opiates for future reference. I started taking oxycodone sublingually instead of just swallowing them, I dip snuff (tobacco) and thought about how the nicotine is absorbed quickly into the gum and cheek line so I got this idea. I pop the pills in my mouth and crunch them, then I just stick them in my lip for roughly 30 minutes or until completely dissolved. You will know it is completely dissolved when there is a white goop in your lip, at this point just get your drink of choice and swallow the rest. My theory in sublingually dissolving the pills before swallowing the rest is that if you have eaten it bypasses having to swallow MOST (not all) of the pills and therefore there isnt nearly as much loss in effectiveness due to a filled stomach or the high acidity in your stomach. When I thought of this I compared it to how alcohol is absorbed, if you have something on your stomach, some of the alcohol absorbs into that, a minor amount absorbs into your stomach lining, and the rest absorbs into your small intestine. My theory is the same holds true to pills.

You picked a really old thread but what you're saying is true and basically works how you think it does. I also dip and I'm on Suboxone strips. Instead of taking them under the tounge, I stick pieces on the top gum. That way you don't even have to taste it and it doesn't cause a bunch of saliva build up. It just completely dissolved into the cheek and gum. I used to actually take a dip with a sub strip on it facing the gum but stopped doing that after I figured out the method I have now.