• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it safe to take 4 Tylenol 3s after taking them for a few days?

Visionary_Kpsycho

Bluelighter
Like the title says is it safe to take 4 Tylenol 3s if you haven’t taken Tylenol in 24 hours? I know you guys are going to say do the cold water tek, but I am not talking about that. I am just wondering if 4 Tylenol 3s is a safe thing. I have taken 3 Tylenol 1s before, and Tylenol 3s have the same amount of acetometaphine as Tylenol 1s. So is it safe to take 4 Tylenol 3s after waiting 24 hours after your last dose of Tylenol 3?

Yea that's what, 1300mg of tylenol? You'll be fine.

Yeah its 1200. I know it would be fine if I never take Tylenol. But I am wondering the effects as I have used Tylenol 3s in the past taking 3 at a time for neck pain. So i was wondering since I have used them before would taking 4 affect my liver to the point of liver failure? I seriously doubt it, but this is a harm reduction site lol. Been taking tylonel 3s for around 5 months.

So am I still safe? (I haven't took tylonel in around 24 hours)

It said 200mg per kilo. I am 66 kilos, so then would that mean i would have to take 13000 to overdose?

i am by no means telling you to do this, as it was really stupid on my part, but a few years back i was taking up to 30 vicodins a day. that's roughly 20k of acetaminophin a day, for the better part of a year, give or take. like i said, really stupid on my part...but i haven't had any problems thus far. considering that every person's body responds differently (i actually heard a story of a girl taking 5 tylenol for a headache and dying), i think you'll be just fine.

This question cannot be answered either way with 100% certainty. Are you going to die ? Probably not. Are you perhaps damaging your liver and who know what other part of your body ? Maybe. I'd suggest just not taking so much so often. My general rule is that if you don't feel good about doing something- don't do it.

My personal opinion is that the tylenol/acetaminophen is in many ways far more dangerous to you than the codeine. You generally want to restrict yourself to 1,000 mg (1g) per dose and 4,000 mg (4g) per day when it comes to acetaminophen.

From what I know on the subject Acetaminophen is almost solely deadly (errr damaging) in chronically shutting down your liver (which is why you shouldn't take it as an alcoholic / actually I can't think of any reason you should ever take it). So yeah i'm sure maximum daily dose is recommended somewhere around 5,000mg and you will be okay. That being said I agree with woamotive about long term abuse and definitions of "okay."

But yeah on any medical show this would be the wise-ass wizened medical guru blowing off the intern.

From what I know on the subject Acetaminophen is almost solely deadly (errr damaging) in chronically shutting down your liver (which is why you shouldn't take it as an alcoholic / actually I can't think of any reason you should ever take it). So yeah i'm sure maximum daily dose is recommended somewhere around 5,000mg and you will be okay. That being said I agree with woamotive about long term abuse and definitions of "okay."

But yeah on any medical show this would be the wise-ass wizened medical guru blowing off the intern.

I must be the only person on the planet that uses acetaminophen for headaches...

CWE is the way to go to save your liver.

If it's only one time there's no point in a CWE and only 4 Tylenol 3s.. If this were something you were considering for the long term I'd tell you to CWE but for a one time buzz don't bother.

according to wiki, taking more than 2000 mg can lead to stomach ulcers. THat should give you a bearing on how dangerous it is.

So now i got someone saying it is ok
and someone saying it isent
anyone know forsure?

Unfortunately there isn't any "for sure" when it comes to acetaminophen because a person's precise threshold depends on their particular hepatic and metabolic profile.

A good rule of thumb to be safe is to never take more than 2000mg in a single dose, and never more than 4000mg over a 24 hour period (this amount has caused liver damage in some people.) The most typical dose that causes hepatic failure is 7000-13000mg.

The reason you want to be REALLY careful with acetaminophen is that if you take enough to kill your liver, you won't even know it for 2-3 days, because symptoms of liver failure take that long to manifest. By the time you know anything is wrong, the only think that can save you is a transplant.