Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Soma equivalent in Australia?

rosee

Bluelighter
Hi,

I just read about the muscle relaxant Soma and I was wondering if there is anything equivalent to this in Australia that any of you might know of.

Sorry if this is not allowed.

Thanks

Because it can be used as a potentiator of hydrocodone, dihydrocodeine, codeine and similar drugs I doubt it would be widely available in Australia like it is in North America.

Research 'Carisoprodol' so as not to get confused with the indigenous drink 'SOMA' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma)

soma (carisoprodol) isn't available in australia. valium (along with a few other benzos) and baclofen are really all we're limited to in relation to muscle relaxants. there is one other i saw on mims, but nothing what you'd be after i don't think.

Thanks for your prompt replies, leftwing and PsiloSubNaut.

I just wonder why is it available in North America when it could just be as easily used as a potentiator of hydrocodone, dihydrocodeine, codeine and similar drugs as it is in North America.

No probs rosee

I guess you haven't seen how the docs throw prescriptions at you in North America ;)

The simple fact is that our laws are way tighter in regards to prescription drugs and drug companies don't have quite as much of a strangle hold on our doctors

Sadly Australia is very strong on drug legislation. Far more so then our North American friends.

I guess you haven't seen how the docs throw prescriptions at you in North America ;)

The simple fact is that our laws are way tighter in regards to prescription drugs and drug companies don't have quite as much of a strangle hold on our doctors

No but I would love to be seeing that lol.

It is actually in a very sad state over there and they wonder why pharmo drug abuse is so high 8)

I dislocated my thumb in Seattle and was given repeats for Oxy Contin 40's

You'd be lucky to get Panadeine Forte in Aus for that

Don't get me wrong, I love getting high as much as the next man but that is out of control!

It's actually very easy to get soma, and it's cheap in aus. I became slightly addicted to it after taking 10+ a night for 3 weeks because it's such a great sleeping drug.

It's actually very easy to get soma, and it's cheap in aus. I became slightly addicted to it after taking 10+ a night for 3 weeks because it's such a great sleeping drug.

Hey thickskin, do you get it over the internet?

Hi thickskin, could you possibly show some evidence to back up these claims?

Thanks for your prompt replies, leftwing and PsiloSubNaut.

I just wonder why is it available in North America when it could just be as easily used as a potentiator of hydrocodone, dihydrocodeine, codeine and similar drugs as it is in North America.

those drugs (especially the first two, hydrocodone isn't here at all) aren't used in australia all too often in regards to longer term treatments, so there's really no need for them here anyway.

from what i understand its mainly americans and europeans that have access the other carbamates as well. meprobamate would be one along with carisoprodol in which i'd like to sample.

Uhhh I see my reply to your question has not been approved. Well all I can say is I have seen a lot of proof for what I said about soma and other lower level scheduled medications from a large base of people who used that system.

But anyone wanting to try these alone as a recreational drug I strongly wouldn't recommend it.
I found them habit forming and no better than other more available chemicals.

The reason your reply was deleted is because you were getting them by illegal means and not through a doctor/pharmacist (which is impossible in Aus)

So as it stands they are not available in Aus and it wouldn't be smart to import them

Can you not just get doxylamine? Like the muscle relaxant in mersyndol (not the day strength one)?
I think you can get it by itself too OTC but not sure.

Or does soma feel different to that?

^ Doxylamine is an antihistamine, not a muscle relaxant. It's in Dolased/Dozile/Restavit (sleeping meds). It is OTC though in QLD at least they need to put a label on the box so pharmacists will probably want photo ID, and you get tolerant to it extremely quickly so it's only effective for a few days at a time.

I can't say how it compares to Soma as we don't have it here :(

Doxylamine is easy to get (nsw)

I buy restavit (DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE) from chemists all the time in NSW, sydney

They never bat an eyelid!

Ok well some of them actaully ask "Restavit..hmm..for sleeping?"

or "Have you had it before?"

Or both!

But NEVER "Have you got ID?"

doxylamine does help calm the muscles though, though it's not a muscle relaxant as belarki pointed out - it's an anti-histamine and a good one at that:) belarki pretty much summed it up.

it works pretty well for muscle relaxation but you build tolerance too quick for it to be an effective tool.