• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Soma equivalent in Australia?

Ah ok. I just noticed that it relaxed my muscles when I took it, I assumed it was. Yes the tolerance is astounding. I remember the first time I took 1 pill (mersyndol) and was knocked out so fast, slept so well, the next time basically nothing with two pills, just a bit of relaxation.

Anyway, I won't derail the thread anymore lol

Ah ok. I just noticed that it relaxed my muscles when I took it, I assumed it was. Yes the tolerance is astounding. I remember the first time I took 1 pill (mersyndol) and was knocked out so fast, slept so well, the next time basically nothing with two pills, just a bit of relaxation.

Anyway, I won't derail the thread anymore lol

lol derail all you like. I do have restavit and use it on occasions for sleep.

Thanks everyone for answering my query. I guess its safe to assume we cannot obtain soma in Australia or anything similar.

Its fine to import Soma, I asked the TGA. You're allowed to import a 3 month personal supply of anything that can't be prescribed here, e.g. phenibut, soma etc

^So in theory i could import 3 months worth of hydocodone? Don't you need a prescription to prove you need this 3 month supply, which would be pretty fuckin hard to get seeming as the drug isn't available here.

^So in theory i could import 3 months worth of hydocodone? Don't you need a prescription to prove you need this 3 month supply, which would be pretty fuckin hard to get seeming as the drug isn't available here.

I think he means of chemicals that are in that sheduling but are also not controlled (ie soma is not controlled, diazapam is, yet they are the same shedule).
Someone correct me on the actual terms though.

Sorry for digging this old thread up, but I'm interested in this too.

Does anyone know if it is legal to import up to 3 months worth of Soma / Carisoprodol from overseas? My internet is limited to dialup speeds at the moment, so I can't really do much except for browse Bluelight, otherwise I'd check out the TGA website myself.

I've imported a 3 month supply of the unisom sleeping gel caps before without issue, it ended up costing about a quarter of the price, including shipping and re-shipping if I'd bought the same amount in Aus. I declared the exact contents on the outside of the box too as I was using a re-shipper and this was part of the conditions in getting them sent to Aus, so I know that law does apply to certain uncontrolled medicines.

Edit: Sorry, I think I found my answer - it appears as thought it is prescription only, therefore does need a proper script in order to be legal to import.

huxley2.jpg

Last edited:
Op8 - its generally looked over and let in so youd be unlucky to have it seized. The worst, on the first occasion, that will happen is youll receive one of their love letters saying 'bad boy, dony do it again!'

I loved that book - but I think the ending was a little, off.

But yeah, when I read about soma holidays, I was like "I know that drug is real, did they name it that because of the book?" I also thought it sounded very similar to a perfect opiod - which Huxley was fond of talking about if memory serves.

Cheers, Tentram, maybe I'll have a look-see on the internets when I can afford to pay my bill. We all know that drugs take precedence to bills, right? Oh, shit. I've outed myself as a complete fucking loser again. Oh well, I've got drugs for the morning so I'm not complaining - yet. Give it a couple of days.

To answer the question about importing 3 months of Rx meds into OZ . if it is on the controlled drug list which also contains drugs which aren't available in Oz , then your doctor will have to write to the TGA requesting an import of a controlled drug, if this is granted the medicine can then be ordered by your doc or a local pharmacy and will have to be cleared from customs and released to your doc or the pharmacy for dispensing with the the relevant prescription.
If it is not a controlled medicine but still a prescription med then it can be ordered but it will still have to be released to your doctor to be dispensed to you with prescription.
If you haven't discussed it with your GP and order any RX med , if the package is intercepted prepare for at best a love letter and quite possibly worse.
I haven't checked but I would assume carisoprodol being a being a pro drug of meprobamate would be controlled or possibly fall under analog laws.
If you are considering using it to potentiate codeine or other opiates, I wouldn't bother since the hassle of bringing it in isn't worth it for the IMO minor increase in effect, better off just increasing your opiate dosage.
Soma/carisoprodol is OTC in numerous developing countries.