• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Maximum tramadol dose

Status
Not open for further replies.

nAON

Bluelight Crew
Am just wondering, what would be the maximum safe dose of tramadol? By itself, but also combined with benzos
(which until recently i thought was going to be bad for CNS depression, but apparently tramadol doesn't interact much with that and it actually helps stop seizures).

last time i used opiates was a few months ago, but i have an odd tolerance

You're not supposed to go over 400mg of tramadol a day, with benzos I'd lessen that amount.

I can't be bothered reading your link, sum it up for me?

From what I recall, benzos actually don't decrease the seizure risk from excess tramadol. I'd stay within the 400mg per day limit myself. Obviously there are those that exceed that limit and are fine... and then there are those aren't fine. Not worth the risk, in my opinion.

^ In fact, benzodiazepines should theoretically reduce the seizure threshold.

However, nAON, perhaps you should not treat yourself as an experiment to this theory and stick to the known safety thresholds.

Have you used tramadol before?

theres tonnes of threads on this... 400mg/day is in the safe zone, any more and you're risking your health

Ive seen people take upwards of 1000mg without knowing of the seizure risk & be fine and Ive seen someone take 300mg and have a seizure. My first time I took 800mg total and it was a mistake, I'd stay towards the lower end

I've done 300mg a few hours ago. Was mostly wondering if benzos increase or decrease maximum dose - as explained i don't think it causes CNS depression, and benzos actually lower seizure chances.

Benzodiazepines will increase the seizure threshold, but will affect CNS depression.

I never experienced that much CNS depression from tramadol though, what dose of benzo are you thinking of adding to it?

Be careful.
After you dose a benzo with tramadol, you have a lower chance of a seizure.

This is where most mess up at. They re-dose the tramadol without the benzo and their seizure threshold is lowered without the benzo, so you are at an even greater risk than before without them.

I have been on tramadol for 10 years and my doses are higher than normal to compensate for tolerace. You should not go over the 400 mark without a bit of tolerance to the drug. Even with the benzo's you don't know how your body will react. But if you are determined to go over the 400 mg mark, then do it very slow with only a 50 mg jump at a time.

If your trying to catch a buzz, then redosing throughout the day gives a better opiate buzz.

start small with tramadol, some people have had myclonus and seizures on significantly less than 400mg

i have even read it happening on 50mg, it all depends on your own body.

just be carefull

you can always take more, but not less.

Why do the doses in these tramadol seizure horror stories get lower and lower over the years?
I've never read someone who took less than 400mg and had a seizure, except when there was other stuff going on like benzo withdrawals

People are saying stuff like "I heard 400mg a day is the maximum but I've heard of people taking 250mg before and having a seizure."
WHO? WHERE?? WHEN?????
give some references, these tramadol seizure stories are undergoing the same distortion as a rumor being spread via telephone

Last edited:
There have been a lot of threads on this.

400mg is the medically recommended maximum. A poster in BL had a seizure on 300mg. Some people have had much higher doses and not had seizures. Individuals have different seizure threshold. I always keep 400mg in mind but go steady and be aware that the odd person may have a seizure on less.

Safety tips - don't have it with drugs that lower the seizure threshold
Drugs such as benzos, gabapentin and other anticonvulstants will be protective but I would not advise using them as a means of taking a dose over 400mg safely.You don't know how you will respons (plus even though tramadol is an unusual opiate, mixing downers, especially at high doses, can be really dangerous.

Am going to close this - send me a pm if you disagree, but there have been a lot of threads on this lately and we're not going to add anything new to the discussion now.. stay safe, if in doubt start low and slowly try increasing doses, sticking below 400mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.