• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many Darvocet to get high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more of a toxin than an opiate.

It has very little action on the Mu-opiate receptors, but a more pronounced affect on the heart causing arrhythmia and cardiovascular depression. The cardiac function is not due to the opiate effects but from the local anesthetic action of it and it's metabolite.
Without the grace of god, you will not survive an overdose. (As many don't, most intend on this.)
(Naloxone will not stop you from going into cardiac arrest.)

Cigarettes won't work on these by-the way. (Very frustrating.)

So you are safe, just don't go get anymore.

while it's true that propoxyphene napsylate (the active ingredient in Darvocet-N, what you have) is generally regarded as having very little desirability as an opioid to most people, there are a few that actually enjoy them. If you have no tolerance, and very little experience with opiates in general, you may be able to catch a slight buzz from them.

Don't expect too much from 100mg, it is a relatively small dose. It is smart to test the waters with a small dose first though, some people find this drug very unpleasant. Assuming you have no negative reactions, you'll then have a better idea of how much to take next time.

I wouldn't worry too much about having a fatal overdose with the amount you have, as long as you don't combine it with any other CNS depressants. I think the biggest risk you would face is the increased likely hood of having a seizure. Propoxyphene is known to lower the seizure threshold. It should not be taken by epileptics or others who are susceptible to seizures. Also, it should not be taken by those with liver disease. Both propoxyphene, and the acetaminophen it's combined with, are known to be toxic to the liver, especially with high doses or chronic intake.

As for a "recreational" dose for Darvocet-N, I would recommend 300mg for those with average sensitivity to propoxyphene. While this dose may feel too weak, I would not recommend taking more. The effects will not become more recreational with increased dosage, and there is a very fine line between a good amount and an amount that will cause negative (possibly dangerous) side effects.

Personally, I probably wouldn't take Darvocet again. My last encounter with it was quite frightening. I had used it several times before in the 100-300mg range, finding it a mild but pleasant, so I thought I would be okay dropping 500mg at once to get a better buzz. Instead of the mild opioid buzz I was expecting, I was hit with strong nausea, dizziness and anxiety. I actually fainted while in a crowded coffee shop, and my friend who I was with said I had some convulsion like movements while falling to the ground. I recovered shortly though. The realization of what happened gave me a massive adrenaline rush, I popped up from the floor and made a quick exit from the store. I felt the normal Darvocet buzz for the remainder of the experience. It was quite frightening and turned me off from Darvocet thereafter.

be safe, and have fun.
Thanks for that really detailed post, and thanks to anyone else who posted. So, I'm taking two but no more to see how it is. Hopefully it doesn't turn my day into shit.

Also, you said not to combine with any CNS depressants, I did take ambien yesterday, does that matter if I were to take it now?

Just take the remaining 4. You're not going to OD on so little, and yea darvocet can make people feel like shit because of its metabolite but if I have some I through them in with other pain pills and can feel it. 5 or 6 darvs and 75mg of hydrocodone I definitely feel the difference

Darvocet is complete trash!!!! You will most likely get a fucking seizure long before you feel any recreational effects

woowww

i dont kno wht kind of darvs you guys take but the 100s i have only take 4 to get me feeling good and i like them better than 7.5 hydros. Most people i kno take 6 to 7.

Darvs are pretty good for pain if you have no tolerance for other opiates but as for recreational use of catching a buzz, euphoria & so on, its nothing like Vicodin or Percs.

I just took 5 of them..then read that the LD 50 is for 500mg.... Am I fucked? I have a decent tolerance, and have Ben using fentanyl for a few days prior to this....

It's more of a toxin than an opiate.

It has very little action on the Mu-opiate receptors, but a more pronounced affect on the heart causing arrhythmia and cardiovascular depression. The cardiac function is not due to the opiate effects but from the local anesthetic action of it and it's metabolite.
Without the grace of god, you will not survive an overdose. (As many don't, most intend on this.)
(Naloxone will not stop you from going into cardiac arrest.)

Cigarettes won't work on these by-the way. (Very frustrating.)

So you are safe, just don't go get anymore.

Wait how will cigarettes not work?

I just took 5 of them..then read that the LD 50 is for 500mg.... Am I fucked? I have a decent tolerance, and have Ben using fentanyl for a few days prior to this....

Depends on your tolerance really. How much fent have you taken?

The LD50 is not 500mg. That doesn't even make sense - for one, LD50s are expressed as mg per kg. And all they are is the dose required to kill 50% of a given test population, usually rats or mice (also note some may die at lower doses). The LD50 of propoxyphene for a rat is 230mg per kg. LD50s do not tell you how much is safe/lethal for a human anyway. We are not rats. I assume people were just talking about it having a low LD50 because that can be a measure of relative toxicity, basically meaning if the dose needed to produce effects is close to the dose that can kill, it's not a very safe drug.

As to whether 500mg is too much for you is a different question. The prescribing info says:

Darvocet-N 100 (100 mg propoxyphene napsylate and 650 mg acetaminophen)
The usual dosage is one tablet every 4 hours orally as needed for pain. The maximum dose of DARVOCET-N 100 is 6 tablets per day. Do not exceed the maximum daily dose.

Darvocet-N 50 (50 mg propoxyphene napsylate and 325 mg acetaminophen)
The usual dosage is two tablets every 4 hours orally as needed for pain. The maximum dose of DARVOCET-N 50 is 12 tablets per day. Do not exceed the maximum daily dose.

So it sounds like the limiting factor might even actually be the APAP (acetaminophen). If you have one of the above formulations, it sounds like 5 pills should be fine.

Really don't know why anyone hasn't advised this - get to an ER immediately if you think you've overdosed. It can be reversed with a shot of naloxone.

Really don't know why anyone hasn't advised this - get to an ER immediately if you think you've overdosed. It can be reversed with a shot of naloxone.
Because it sounded like the sole reason they were asking if they took too much was because they read the erroneous info that 500mg is the LD50.

This thread is three years old. Darvocet has been discontinued by the FDA since. Something about heart complications, I believe.

Thank you Swimmingdancer for your post about the LD50.

Since this is an old thread and its asking how to get high (which we don't do here anymore) I'm going to close it.

opium, if/when you see this, please PM me or any other member of the BDD staff and let us know you're alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.