• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many Darvocet to get high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manwithaplan

Bluelighter
I have 5 pink oval pills that has the numbers 5114 on it.

Anyway, how many should I take? I'll be ingesting 3200 acetaminophen if I eat all of them at the same time.

Moved to Basic Drug Discussion.
(Thanks for reporting this, Bardo5)

Darvocet sucks (as is stated in the post above), so it's hard to say how many to take to get "high". That sounds like too much acetaminophen, you shouldn't ingest that much at once. It probably wouldn't kill you, but it'd be pretty bad for you.

Also the LD50 for Darvocet is 500 mg I believe.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong. But an episode I watched of "Murder in Mind", a British thriller series from a few years ago involves a woman taking a fictitious drug named "Diproxamol" which kills her very quickly. I wiki'd it afterwards out of interest and discovered something called Co-Proxamol which is basically the same thing. I read that it's an incredibly dangerous analgesic and was withdrawn from the UK in 2007 I believe, due to a string of overdoses.

I believe this is what a Darvocet is. I may be wrong but all I can tell you is that it's not a good idea to use it. LD50 is low, recreational value is low. The efficacy as an analgesic was questioned repeatedly too.

I think the only real use it has is for suicide, as I think it's used in some Swiss euthanasia clinics.

^They give you Darvocet after abortions, and.. it is not effective in pain relief.

Be careful with that shit, it can be very dangerous. The amount needed to get a decent high off it is very close to the amount needed to OD. I would honestly leave it alone. Perhaps make some extra cash off of it.

I had a swollen left nut a few years back and Darvocet was the only thing that worked (after hydro and oxycodone had failed). I recommend Darvocet to anyone with a painfully-swollen left nut.

darvocet are retarded. take tramadol and some benzos. i hate people saying darvcoet is better for withdrawl than trams. when someone says oh it takes so much tram and i can take 2 darvocets and be good i just shake my head. you cant get high off of darvocet.

A lot of hate for Darvocet haha, but thanks. I'm going to take one and see if I feel anything. From what I've read, some people actually like Darvocet.

Hopefully 100mg of propoxyphene will make me feel something, but I'm not going over that considering how easy it is apparently to overdose.

A lot of hate for Darvocet haha, but thanks. I'm going to take one and see if I feel anything. From what I've read, some people actually like Darvocet.

Hopefully 100mg of propoxyphene will make me feel something, but I'm not going over that considering how easy it is apparently to overdose.

Even with no tolerance, good luck feeling anything but a lift in mood from the serotonin effects.

Darvocet makes me feel gross, somewhat like i poisoned myself. I'll take it if I have nothing around and I mean nothing.

it get a weak buzz when i take 3, and dont take more than 3 cause of the apap....always feel pretty shitty the next day from them .... so having them is like having no drugs at all

while it's true that propoxyphene napsylate (the active ingredient in Darvocet-N, what you have) is generally regarded as having very little desirability as an opioid to most people, there are a few that actually enjoy them. If you have no tolerance, and very little experience with opiates in general, you may be able to catch a slight buzz from them.

Don't expect too much from 100mg, it is a relatively small dose. It is smart to test the waters with a small dose first though, some people find this drug very unpleasant. Assuming you have no negative reactions, you'll then have a better idea of how much to take next time.

I wouldn't worry too much about having a fatal overdose with the amount you have, as long as you don't combine it with any other CNS depressants. I think the biggest risk you would face is the increased likely hood of having a seizure. Propoxyphene is known to lower the seizure threshold. It should not be taken by epileptics or others who are susceptible to seizures. Also, it should not be taken by those with liver disease. Both propoxyphene, and the acetaminophen it's combined with, are known to be toxic to the liver, especially with high doses or chronic intake.

As for a "recreational" dose for Darvocet-N, I would recommend 300mg for those with average sensitivity to propoxyphene. While this dose may feel too weak, I would not recommend taking more. The effects will not become more recreational with increased dosage, and there is a very fine line between a good amount and an amount that will cause negative (possibly dangerous) side effects.

Personally, I probably wouldn't take Darvocet again. My last encounter with it was quite frightening. I had used it several times before in the 100-300mg range, finding it a mild but pleasant, so I thought I would be okay dropping 500mg at once to get a better buzz. Instead of the mild opioid buzz I was expecting, I was hit with strong nausea, dizziness and anxiety. I actually fainted while in a crowded coffee shop, and my friend who I was with said I had some convulsion like movements while falling to the ground. I recovered shortly though. The realization of what happened gave me a massive adrenaline rush, I popped up from the floor and made a quick exit from the store. I felt the normal Darvocet buzz for the remainder of the experience. It was quite frightening and turned me off from Darvocet thereafter.

be safe, and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.